PDA

View Full Version : Luna in panic and Lily under the weather...

Kirsten
01-01-2006, 07:29 AM
My poor kitties! NYE is definitely NOT their favourite time of the year!

Luna totally panicked last night when all the fireworks were lit (lasted more than an hour), and she was running around and just couldn't find a place where she felt safe! :(

Here she is between the wall and the couch:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/luna47.jpg

And here she's running around in panic:
(I didn't take any more photos after this one because she was already scared enough)

http://www.catmom.de/pix/luna48.jpg

Lily wasn't that frightened, but she was nervous and confused, and also ran around a lot. AND she has eaten a lot of my yucca plant (not good).

Today, she seems to be a bit under the weather; she's in her kitty bed and doesn't want to get up. Maybe the yucca leaves gave her a sore tummy (even though I don't think yucca is really toxic), or she is just tired because she didn't get much sleep last night... However, she really looks hungover, while Luna seems to be doing better today!

Kirsten

Miss Z
01-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Poor kitties:( ! I hope they both feel better soon

Randi
01-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Oh Poor Luna and Lily! :( I recognise that expression, it's how Fister looks when the fireworks go off. He spent most of the time from 22.00 - 01.00 under my bed. I gave him some Temptations which he did eat, though. :)

I went to get Pjevs in the yard at 22.00 and put him in the bathroom, it's the quietest room I have. I gave him a bowl of food and water, he seemed quite relaxed and emptied two bowls of food, and also had some Temptations. I went and sat with him now and again.

I'm sure Fister had no idea he was there. ;)

catnapper
01-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Poor Luna. We only had MAYBE ten minutes worth of fireworks, and those were minor booms from smaller rockets.

Though Pouncer is also feeling under the weather today. He's managed to puke three times today and did the same last night BEFORE the fireworks went off. :( Perhaqps he's feeling sympathetic to Lily's plight half way around the world?

orangemm
01-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Poor babies. It must be so frightening to them, not knowing what is happening.

We were lucky in that no one set any fireworks off in our area. Binky takes off like a shot when any loud noise is heard. Runs to the sewing room and hides under the chair that has a big slipcover on it!

CalliesMom
01-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Poor kitties. We didn't hear anything here last night and I've never seen the kitties react to any large noises. I hope everyone is feeling better today!

Pembroke_Corgi
01-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Poor kitties. Holidays are hard on pets. I hope they feel better soon.

kimlovescats
01-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Poor babies! I hope they have a more peaceful and quiet day today! ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
01-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Poor babies. Mine do that during our Forth Of July celebrations.
Luckily, we had a quiet night here last night. I hope they both feel better today!

rkidsrcats
01-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Sorry to hear that the girls were so frightened by the fireworks. We had them last night too for about an hour or so. The cats were fine, but Samson goes a little crazy and that upsets William and Tiger who want to help him and then he starts running around the house with those two following him around, meowing and wanting him to sit down and relax.
Scooter Pie has never been through the fireworks, but he seems fine this morning - running around getting into mischief.

Hope Lily and Luna feel better today. Not a good way to start the New Year! :eek:

Sonia59
01-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Oh poor girls! :( Give them tons of kisses for me when they won't be stressed anymore!

Felicia's Mom
01-01-2006, 06:08 PM
I hope your girls feel better today. There were no fireworks set off around here.

catmandu
01-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Poor Lily And Luna.
Nugget Came In Last Night As The Loonies Were Yelling Happy New Year Last Night,and Generally Acted Like Drunken Fools.
But They Have No Money,when It Comes To Thier Responsibilities,only Thier Pleasures.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
01-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I feel bad for you Luna, being frightened of all those loud sounds :( You should have done like Abby did , and climbed in Meowmies bed, under the warm covers :) well, actually Abby is always under the covers when her meowmie is sleeping, she stays so nice and toasty that way :)

Kirsten
01-02-2006, 05:06 PM
They feel much better meanwhile, thank you! :)

But Lily is very sorry to hear that Pouncer has been nauseaus! She hopes he's feeling better today!

Kirsten

momcat
01-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh poor sweeties! Yeah, those fireworks do make loud noises that can scare you and make your little ears hurt a bit. But you don't have to worry, Meowmie is right there to protect you and we all know she'll NEVER let anything hurt you! Happy New Year Luna, Lily, and Meowmie!!!