PDA

View Full Version : Four years ago tonight...

Glacier
12-31-2005, 06:21 PM
It happened before I started posting here, but I just realized that it's been four years tonight since Pete blocked for the first time. Hard to forget spending New Year's at the vet! I didn't have a clue what was wrong with Pete that night. I'd never even heard of such problems before! I got educated in a hurry! We almost lost Pete that night. His bladder was the size of a baseball by the time the catheter was put in. It was very close to rupturing. Five months later we gave up on trying to figure Pete's problems out and he went for PU surgery.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/87ad9f4e.jpg
Today he's happy, laid back, healthy and a little on the fluffy side! He's having a good day today. The kitties had a nip party earlier and then I opened the window to the cat run--it's way too warm again today! Pete caught himself a mouse while he was out in the run--quite a difference from 4 years ago! Apparently we have suicidal mice around here. That's the only explaination for why they come into a fenced area full of cats!

Queen of Poop
12-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Ya hoo for Pete!!! So glad you are still with us Pete. I know your Meowmie sure does love you.

catnapper
12-31-2005, 06:35 PM
What a way to bring in the New Year!

If not for PT, I'd have no clue this could happen either. My Pouncer is on the mend now because of reading about this problem here on PT. I might not have thought anythign about him being in the liutterbox so much if not have for Pete and other cats who had this problem.

Glacier
12-31-2005, 06:54 PM
I might not have thought anythign about him being in the liutterbox so much if not have for Pete and other cats who had this problem.

Earlier that day, I thought Pete was constipated and that's why he kept going to the box so often! I tried to feed him pumpkin!!! :rolleyes: Then he started making this sound that would wake the dead. It was awful. I never want to hear that sound again!

krazyaboutkatz
12-31-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm sorry that this happened to him but I'm glad that it's only a bad memory now and that's he a happy healthy cat again. :D

catmandu
12-31-2005, 10:29 PM
Pete would make anyones New Years Eve a Great one,and its providential that he found his Furr Ever Home with you.
He is such a happy Cat,the Found Cats all hope you can make the Chinese Buffet.

orangemm
01-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Happy New Year, Pete!! I'm glad you can spend the evening enjoying yourself instead of at the whitecoat's!!! You are a very handsome guy!

furrykidsmother
01-01-2006, 01:50 PM
What a way to ring in the New Year! Happy to hear that Pete is doing well now, he is a handsome guy!

kimlovescats
01-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Pete is a very handsome boy! I'm so glad to know that he is healthy and feeling much better these days! HAPPY NEW YEAR, Pete! :D

rg_girlca
01-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm sorry that this happened to him but I'm glad that it's only a bad memory now and that's he a happy healthy cat again. :D

*DITTO*

Happy New Year Pete and to all your family. :D