PDA

View Full Version : Charlie and I worked at a cat show today.

jenluckenbach
12-31-2005, 05:54 PM
Our vet (who does tons of things for various rescue groups) also shows cats. She asked for volunteers to help out at a cat show that her home club was hosting. She originally asked a group she works closely with called The Cat Shack, but they could not get anyone to volunteer. (well it IS new years eve). But since I help the Cat Shack at their Petsmart adoption center, I got asked as well.

So I volunteered Charlie and myself (not realizing that NO ONE else would come forward). We had our hands F*U*L*L !! 6 show rings and only 2 people (our vet helped too, thank heavens). 6 hourse straight!! And we have to go back tomorrow! :eek:

But the rescue (One by One) will be getting a donation from the cat club, so the hard work will all be worth it.

(better be a GOOD donation ;) ) I am going to collapse now. ZZZZZZZZZ

catnapper
12-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Yup, I stopped in to say hi to Jen, and they sure had her hopping. Hubby saw them showing Bengals and picked out a HANDSOME silver Bengal that Jen was quick to name #6 :p

jenluckenbach
12-31-2005, 06:15 PM
OH! Catnapper's number 6!!! :D :D

catmandu
12-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Jen You and Charles are such Good People,and All your Good Deeds are being recorded by Y.Lee at the Rainbow Bridge and you will both be Rewarded One Fine Day!

orangemm
01-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Can't think of a better way to spend new years eve! In the company of some wonderful felines!!!

You need a cat nap!!! :D ;)

moosmom
01-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Jen,

I absolutely LOVE the hussle and bussle of a cat show. So many things to see and great people to meet. I miss showing MooShoo. It was a wonderful experience for both of us.

What kinds of cats does your vet show? Is it in TICA, CFF or CFA?

jenluckenbach
01-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Well we are back from day 2. TIRED. but One by One is $300 richer. :)

The show was CFA.

kimlovescats
01-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Great news! NOW ... where are the PICS????

jenluckenbach
01-01-2006, 02:59 PM
PICTURES???? :eek: :eek:

If you could have seen the way we were running around BUSY..........I couldn't even stop to talk to a prospective adopter without getting behind in my work. (hope she calls me)

rg_girlca
01-01-2006, 03:07 PM
You guys must be tired from all that running around. But I bet you would do it all over again if asked. :D

I can't wait to hear all about catnappers # 6. ;)