PDA

View Full Version : Cat Show Santa Clara co fairgrounds 7/8 Jan

AmberLee
12-31-2005, 01:53 PM
I was pleasently surprised to read about a cat show at the Santa Clara fairgrounds next weekend in the San Jose Mercury Eye insert yesterday.

For those of you getting the Mercury, there is an ad with a $1 admissions on page 39.

The ad promises 'feline agility' presentation. I missed that due to travel during the November cat show. Does anyone else think they may attend?

CathyBogart
12-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Gah! I'd love to, but that's my last weekend working. :(

AmberLee
12-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Awww, what rotten timing.... Hope you can make the next one, then!

krazyaboutkatz
12-31-2005, 08:12 PM
This sounds like fun. You know me, I can't miss a cat show especially when it's so close to home. :D I'll mark the date on my calendar now. :)

RedHedd
01-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks for posting this, KAK. I received an e-mail from them telling me about it. I might be able to make it next Sunday.

As our friend and previous patron please join us at our 22nd Annual

TAILS & NO TALES CAT SHOW
JANUARY 7 & 8, 2006

Saturday 10 am to 5 pm
Sunday 9 am to 5 pm

SANTA CLARA COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS
344 Tully Road, San Jose CA 95111

Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors and $3 for Children under 12

Present this email for $2 off one admission to the show. You may also forward this to a friend and they will receive $1 off one admission.

FANCY FELINES COMPETE FOR TOP CAT IN SAN JOSE
This event showcases the finest felines from the most popular to the more exotic breeds

January 7 & 8, 2006, hundreds of the most popular pets in the United States will travel to San Jose to strut their stuff while they compete for "Top Cat" at the 22nd Annual Tails & No Tales Cat Show. This competition which features excellent examples of each breed is sure to have something for everyone. Watch the excitement build as cats and kittens leap hurdles, bound through tunnels, dance around weave poles, and scamper over obstacles in the new Feline Agility Competition. The Show also features a coloring contest for little cat lovers, a "Find that Cat Game," a Peoples Choice Award and a Junior Showmanship Competition.

In addition to the judging, which takes place throughout the show, spectators can see the cats up close while they are waiting to compete and ask the exhibitors any questions they may have. There will also be a wide variety of cat-related items, such as grooming supplies, toys, cat trees and gift items are for sale. And spectators will enjoy the Junior Showmanship Competition, where youth between the ages of 8 and 15 develop their presentation skills as they share their knowledge about cats, the different breeds, and cat care.

In addition to coordinating with local agencies to provide animal adoption opportunities at the show, proceeds from previous shows have been donated to non-profit organizations such as the Humane Society of Santa Clara Valley, the Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association for Disaster Relief, the Cat Fanciers Association (CFA) Disaster Relief Fund, the CFA Golf Shore Region Hurricane Relief Fund for displaced animals and the Winn Feline Foundation which is devoted to health related studies benefiting cats.

Tails & No Tales Cat Club is a member of the Cat Fanciers Association (CFA). CFA, a non-profit organization dedicated to the welfare of cats, was founded in 1906 and is the world's largest pedigreed cat registry.

For additional information please call (408) 778-6318
Tailsandnotales.com
[email protected]

Show reminders are only sent once per year to those people that have asked to be on our mailing list. If this email has reached you in error or you would like to have your name removed, please contact Jaclin Cordes at [email protected].

AmberLee
01-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for posting that, RH. It got me off my duff and I emailed to find out why I was no longer getting the emails. Their data base got corrupted last year, and mine was one that had to be reentered, and the new listing had a typo. She wrote me a charming note apologizing, but now I have the $2 off version, too.

Yippee Skippees.

So are we meeting up on Sunday this time?

Don Juan's mom
01-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I think I could do Saturday, or Sunday afternoon.

Liz

krazyaboutkatz
01-05-2006, 12:02 AM
I can also go either Sat. or Sun. so which day would be better for everyone?

I'm looking forward to this show. :)

AmberLee
01-05-2006, 03:21 PM
I've been tearing discount coupons from the newspaper for this show.

And I left a message for Mr. and Mrs. Wolflady to see if they are coming...

Actually either day works for me.

RedHedd
01-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Sunday is better for me - probably get there a little before noon.

krazyaboutkatz
01-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Okay, then I guess we'll all be going on Sunday. :D AmberLee and I will be carpooling so I need to pm her and find out what time she wants to get there. :)

Don Juan's mom
01-06-2006, 07:16 PM
I've lined up an audition at City Lights (in downtown SJ) on Sunday after church. If I'm out early enough, maybe I can come down after and meet up with you. :)

Liz

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2006, 01:28 AM
AmberLee and I will be at the cat show on Sunday at around 10:30am or so. Hopefully you'll be able to make it too Don Juan's Mom. :)

RedHedd
01-07-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm going to TRY and come. Some things have come up; I'll have to see if I can make it.

AmberLee
01-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Fingers crossed you can make it! :D

RedHedd
01-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Nope, didn't make it. Just didn't get everything done I needed to do yesterday, so Sunday was left for those final errands and stuff I need to do to stay somewhat sane (or a reasonable facimilse thereof :rolleyes: ) during the work week. I hope KAK and DJM had fun and maybe took pictures.

krazyaboutkatz
01-09-2006, 12:33 AM
We all had fun but no pictures were taken. The cat agility was much more interesting to watch this time because there were some Abys, a Japanese Bobtail, and a Devon Rex that were pretty good at this. :) I ended up buying Pearl a new pink collar with hearts on it because she's torn up her old collar. I also bought two cute cat figurines. One is an orange and white cat stretched out and sleeping and the other one is a grey cat curled up and sleeping. :)

I was looking at the CFA website and I noticed that the Internationl Cat Show is going to be held in San Mateo again. It's going to be the weekend before Thanksgiving again and I think the dates are Nov.17,18, and 19th. I'm already looking forward to it. :)