PDA

View Full Version : I might be stealing Daisy!

Glacier
12-30-2005, 02:12 PM
You have all met Daisy, my neighbor's dog, who spends most of her time at our place.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/thankslady.jpg
I don't believe her owner is outright abusive to her, but I've always thought he was neglectful. Not of her physical needs--she has food, water and shelter, but of her emotional and social needs. He just doesn't see Daisy as a sentient being with needs beyond the physical. Daisy has found her own ways to meet those needs--mainly by hanging out with my dogs. She's a lovely girl and has never caused any trouble for me so I've never really complained. Plus if I b**ched too much and he chained her up or something, well, then she's even worse off, right?

Daisy always come by for dinner. I always toss her a chunk of meat over the fence. Wednesday night she was there for dinner. Then I think she left, but I'm not sure. When I went to take water to my dogs yesterday morning, Daisy was asleep by the gate. That kinda ticked me off! She'd been there for awhile as there was a round spot in the snow where she was sleeping. When I got home from work, she came racing down the driveway to meet me. Usually she's at the back gate, not out front. When I opened the gate, she pushed me out of her way and ran into the yard. She's never done that before. She always waits to be invited in to play.

Then she wouldn't leave. I tried 3 times to take her to the gate and let her out. Never been a problem before. She just follows me and goes. Last night she ran away from me, acted like she was afraid of me and just refused to go anywhere near the gate. So I asked Stuart what we should do and his response was "just leave her. Let's see if she causes any problems during the day tomorrow". He has apparently called her owner twice this week (about non-Daisy matters) and his calls haven't been returned.

So Daisy spent the night and was still in the yard this morning. She was happy as could be when I left, running around playing, being silly. Sleet put her in place once and that appeared to be the end of things. Daisy tried to get Sleet to wrestle. Sleet does not wrestle with anyone! No calls from her owner. If it was one of my dogs, I'd be out searching for her all night--at the very least I would have called the place she's most likely to be. Who cares what time it is???? If he does call, he's got some 'splaining to do before Daisy goes back. I'm thinking he might be away for the holidays, but then why didn't he arrange care for her? :mad: :mad: I'll keep you posted!

chocolatepuppy
12-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Daisy is so pretty. I hope you do steal her, your neighbor doesn't deserve her.

Husky_mom
12-30-2005, 02:19 PM
go for her!!! steal her!! she sure be better off with you and your gang, shes even used to you all, so no problem, keep her!! :D

caseysmom
12-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Just tell him what you have told us and offer to adopt her, he may be relieved and grateful. Your too close to actually steal her without problems if he does care. Poor Daisy luckily she has you.

luvofallhorses
12-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Daisy is so pretty. I hope you do steal her, your neighbor doesn't deserve her.

I agree! She deserves better.

Corinna
12-30-2005, 02:29 PM
It doesn't sound like your stealing her she's adopted you and the crew. If he doesn't miss her I think you have a dog.

pitc9
12-30-2005, 02:58 PM
We all know she'd be better off with you and your fur gang! :D

Queen of Poop
12-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Sounds like she's already moved in. I'm glad she had somewhere to go when home became a bad place.

Karen
12-30-2005, 03:01 PM
You aren't stealing her - she has adopted you! Seems clear to me ...

Glacier
12-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Just tell him what you have told us and offer to adopt her, he may be relieved and grateful. Your too close to actually steal her without problems if he does care.

I've told him that the gate is always open for her if he doesn't want her anymore. Right now it looks to me like he just doesn't want to say it himself. If he ever calls Stuart back, we will make the offer again so he can avoid the embarassment of asking.

lv4dogs
12-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Sending good thoughts for Daisy's well being.

Daisy and Delilah
12-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Daisy knows a wonderful person when she sees them Glacier! We hope she gets to live with you, where she couldn't possibly have a happier life! Please keep us posted for sure. She's a beauty :)

Toby's my baby
12-30-2005, 03:49 PM
That is very nice of you, to affore to take his dog! Daisy is very pretty, I hope you get to keep her!

elizabethann
12-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Yippeee!!!! I hope Daisy stays forever and ever with you!!!!

finn's mom
12-30-2005, 04:10 PM
I kinda wondered how long it would take for this to happen. ;) We all know that she'd be happier with your family than anywhere else in the world!

caseysmom
12-30-2005, 04:10 PM
So just keep her and if the owner shows up say you tried to call because she wouldn't leave and acted hungry all the time.

lizbud
12-30-2005, 04:43 PM
I believe that Daisy has already adopted you & your place full of
potiential furry friends.Why don't you just let her stay for awhile to see
how it goes. You've already called & left messages.I wonder if he would
ever call to ask about her.

Alysser
12-30-2005, 05:31 PM
:D Yes, I agree. She adopted you! I really hope you get to keep her. I mean, if he doesn't care about her why does he keep her. I really hope you get to keep miss Diasy. She would be very well loved with you !

My Peanuts
12-30-2005, 05:34 PM
I "stole" my neighbors terribly neglected dog a few years back. It was one of the most rewarding things I've ever done.
Go for it! Daisy deserves better.

cyber-sibes
12-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Daisy knows you're "family", so why not make it official? As you are going to make the offer of keeping her, we'll keep paws crossed her (former) owner accepts. Daisy knows where she's wanted! I've always enjoyed your pictures of her, she's so sweet. Does she get along with your other females ok?

Ginger's Mom
12-30-2005, 07:13 PM
I, too, have been waiting to see this thread. I knew Daisy would decide she liked your home better. :) Who could blame her? Okay, so does that make it 24? :D
But I really have to ask, has anyone checked her previous owner/co-owner's place? Is everything alright? I am just asking because she seems to be scared and he hasn't responded.

KYS
12-30-2005, 08:06 PM
I say, talk to the neighbors and see if they will give you Daisy.
They obviously don't care about her and she seems to
be perfectly happy with you.
She seems like such a sweet heart.

countrycowgirl
12-30-2005, 08:14 PM
I hope that you get to keep her! we all know that she would be loved so much and that she deserves better! she is such a pretty girl and sounds like a real sweetheart!.... all paws crossed hoping that she gets to stay!

Dot
12-30-2005, 08:37 PM
"Ginger's mom" had a good point......is it possible Daisy's owner has met with foul play? That could explain why Daisy is scared to go home. Either that, or he got mad and just ran her off. Would he be the type to do that? You have to wonder........

buttercup132
12-30-2005, 09:21 PM
seems like she practicaly lives at your house already lol

Glacier
12-30-2005, 09:32 PM
"Ginger's mom" had a good point......is it possible Daisy's owner has met with foul play? That could explain why Daisy is scared to go home. Either that, or he got mad and just ran her off. Would he be the type to do that? You have to wonder........

Highly unlikely up here that he met with foul play. Wandered off into the bush and got lost is possible and happens much more frequently up here! I haven't talked to Stuart since this morning so I don't know if he's heard from him. We did invite him over for our annual New Year's bash tomorrow night so maybe he'll show up then! He's not the type to scream and yell, but there are a few teenagers in the house who have had some problems in the past and might do something like that!

My FIL said Daisy left with him late this afternoon. He works here during the day. She was back waiting to be let in when I got home at 5. So she's playing in the yard with Founder right now.

anna_66
12-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Almost sounds to me if you've added another member of the family;)

Vela
12-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Well I hope it all works out and Daisy can stay, she sure seems happy there and she couldn't ask for a better family.

king2005
12-31-2005, 08:29 PM
I hope all goes well, poor pup.

cloverfdx
01-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I too had been waiting for this thread ;). Daisy has fast become one of my favourite PT dogs. It is a bit worrying that she does not want to go back home though, i hope all is ok there.

If it all turns out ok congratulations Daisy and new family :D.

gemini9961
01-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Sounds like we will be seeing a lot more of Daisy as an official Glacier pup. :D

sasvermont
01-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Daisy is a keeper, for sure. They don't deserve such a sweet doggie. Oh, what the hell, what is one more dog, when you have so many already.....she can't eat all that much........

I think I will come live with Glacier and her pets. Things seem to run smoothly up there, even though its a bit cold....and everyone and everything is always welcome.

Keep that sweet flower, Daisy!

;)

RobiLee
01-01-2006, 03:31 PM
I hope everything works out for Daisy. I've always like that you let her hang out with you and your gang. I think Daisy knows a good place when she finds it;).

K9soul
01-01-2006, 07:24 PM
I think Daisy knows a good place when she finds it;).

You can say that again Robin! She's one smart cookie and she knows where the living is good! :D I hope things work out and Daisy becomes an official member of the pack! She's been an unofficial member for quite awhile now anyway ;)

ramanth
01-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Well, I hope Daisy's owner allows her to stay. Sure sounds like it's being unspoken. :)

captain
01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
What news????

She was always "yours" anyway - because YOU lavished her with attention ... :D

dab_20
01-04-2006, 01:39 PM
She's gorgous. I think you should steal her! That owner sounds neglectful, Daisy may never get what she really needs until she finds a new home. And I think you would be a great owner for her! :D Really hope you, and Daisy solves this problem soon, and maybe you could keep her! ;)

CountryWolf07
01-05-2006, 08:42 PM
What's the update?