PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this movie??

Flatcoatluver
12-30-2005, 01:37 PM
for new years we have a party and none of the people are my age so I am gonna rent movies I am thinking of renting bewitched and beutyshop..... what did you guys think of that movie??

Roxyluvsme13
12-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I havent seen either of those! BUT They sound good!! :)

carole
12-30-2005, 01:56 PM
My 13 year old daughter went and saw bewitched she really enjoyed it, i think you should go ahead and rent both out, nice light hearted fun entertaining movies by the sound of them.

lv4dogs
12-30-2005, 01:58 PM
I saw beautyshop, it was a pretty good movie. Queen Latifa always makes good funny movies. lol
I'd reccomend that one.

Never seen bewitched yet though.

JenBKR
12-30-2005, 02:03 PM
I saw part of Bewitched, I liked what I saw. Both are good, fun choices :)

Flatcoatluver
12-30-2005, 02:20 PM
I love queen latifa I think she is a great representive to the plus size world!!!

Karen
12-30-2005, 02:26 PM
We saw Bewitchd, and it was pretty lame, but then again, we remember the TV show. It's sad when a TV show can be much better than a big-budget movie, but the rewritten characters were just not very likeable.

caseysmom
12-30-2005, 02:28 PM
I haven't seen either but I heard beautyshop was good and bewitched was not.

binka_nugget
12-30-2005, 02:36 PM
I saw both. Both are alright. I love Queen Latifah though so I enjoyed Beauty Shop a bit more.

king2005
12-30-2005, 03:31 PM
We saw Bewitchd, and it was pretty lame, but then again, we remember the TV show. It's sad when a TV show can be much better than a big-budget movie, but the rewritten characters were just not very likeable.

Its like you read my mind. I was so excited to go see that with my dad the past summer. I use to watch the show with dad when I was young, so it was a big thing to me, since I hadn't seen him in about 2 yrs. I was bored out of my skull & didn't giggle much & dad didn't let out a peep. That isn't like dad, I think he only put up with the movie cause he was with me (normally he would have just walked out).

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory is a really good movie (the new one with Depp). The guys (25 & 23) are picky about childish movies, but they loved this one, along with me! Mr & Mrs Smith is another good party movie

lv4dogs
12-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Its like you read my mind. I was so excited to go see that with my dad the past summer. I use to watch the show with dad when I was young, so it was a big thing to me, since I hadn't seen him in about 2 yrs. I was bored out of my skull & didn't giggle much & dad didn't let out a peep. That isn't like dad, I think he only put up with the movie cause he was with me (normally he would have just walked out).

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory is a really good movie (the new one with Depp). The guys (25 & 23) are picky about childish movies, but they loved this one, along with me! Mr & Mrs Smith is another good party movie

I felt the same way about Charlie & the Chocolate facotry as you did about bewitched. lol
I loved the old movie and the new movie left out a lot of good parts (granted it had some different parts in it that made those parts better) but overall I was dissapointed ONLY because I was so fond of the old movie. If I hadn't seen the old movie you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd LOVE love love the new movie.

carole
12-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Well it is new years eve in NZ, and we are not the going out type, so we have hired four dvds for the big screen tonight that we will put up, Monster-n-law, Dukes of Hazzard, Paranoid, and national lampoons gold diggers, only one is my choice, i will probably at least see one of them the first,as i am a J. Lopez fan, the others i can take or leave.

So with a glass of sparkling grape juice at my side and some snacks should be a reasonably laid back but enjoyable family evening. :)

Flatcoatluver
12-30-2005, 10:30 PM
we ended up renting guess who and beauty shop, because of the bad reviews I got on pt lol, but i do want to see monster in law and bewitched so that is on my next list to watch!!

carole
12-31-2005, 03:37 AM
I have just finished watching monster-n law, it was ok, not the greatest movie ever, but it had some funny parts, some very predicatable parts but i do enjoy this kinda romantic light hearted comedy, so for me I liked it pretty much., and being a J lopez fan, i liked the part she played as always.

The rest of the family are watching Dukes of Hazzard now, not my type of movie at all, punch-ups and fast cars, just very boring to me, mind you i have to secretly admit i used to watch the series, and i think the two duke cousins were far more handsome than the new actors in the re-make movie., especially the blondie who is still a hunk today. :)