PDA

View Full Version : What are your New year Resolutions, 2006...

joanofark
12-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Do you make them? Do you always accomplish them?? Well Put 'em here!

Mine:

1. Go back to Taekwondo (I took some time away from it after I got my Black Belt) and learn the whole Black Belt form.

2. Finish my schoolwork and start training Ace face. :D

3. Take a Photography lesson.

4. Save up my money and buy one thing I really want (Not sure what it is yet, lol).

5. Go horse back riding more!

6. Start Drawing more!

7. Start Reading more! (Read all of the Chronicals of Narnia Books!!)

I hope I finish all of these!! So what are yours?

Toby's my baby
12-30-2005, 09:37 AM
I usually make them, but I dont think I've ever kept them :o

1. Work out more, run more than my average 2 miles

2. Ride horse more

3. Save up some money, and buy a new horse, work with it, and train it for what I want

4. Figure out what I am going to do next year, I know this probably sounds weird to you all, but I NEED to figure out what school I am going to go too :eek: I'm a little worried about this one. .

5. Train Autumn, bring her to classes

Alysser
12-30-2005, 09:59 AM
:o I make them but I never do them. But this year I want to do them so I'll try.
1. Get more exercise.
2. Talk my parents into another dog.
3. Get more money.

lv4dogs
12-30-2005, 11:42 AM
I stopped making them since I rarely follow them. When i'm rady to make a resolution I do so, no matter what day of the year it is.

I do have a list of things that I will/want to do, places to go etc... this year but I consider that part of my schedule/plans not a resolution.

The biggest resolution I hope to make someday is to stop smoking.

Miss Z
12-30-2005, 11:45 AM
3. Get more money.

Oh, good one!!!:D ;)

I want to try and help Przewalski's horses by giving money to a charity that helps them or something:)

Alysser
12-30-2005, 11:46 AM
That is a wonderful resolution. I know how hard it must be. My borhter took two years till her finally stopped! GOOD LUCK to you!

elizabethann
12-30-2005, 11:50 AM
1. take my vitamens every day (sounds easy, but I always forget)!

:D

Flatcoatluver
12-30-2005, 12:53 PM
lose weight, contiue working at the shelter.

Roxyluvsme13
12-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Hmmmm...
1.Lose Weight/Exercise
2.Spend more Time with Roxy
3.Teach Lily agility
4.Shop less :eek: (sounds easy, but its not!)
5.Somehow talk my mom into Rescuing another pet
6.Train Roxy lots more things
7.Get Roxy housebroken and living inside
8.Get Lily housebroken fully
I'm sure the list goes on...and on...and on...but I'll stop here :D

JenBKR
12-30-2005, 02:29 PM
My only real resolution is to lose the weight that I inevitably put on every Christmas :eek: around 5-6 pounds this year. There's a lot of things I have on the horizon in the late winter/spring, including volunteering at a domestic abuse shelter as a counselor and Roscoe's intermmediate obedience class. Speaking of Roscoe, I'll add walking him more to my list of resolutions, I have been kind of lazy lately :o so I'll try to do better.

Husky_mom
12-30-2005, 02:41 PM
i never made any resolutions since i never go and keep them, but some thing i would like to do are:

loose weight/go to gym (hahaha iŽve never lasted more than 2 wks but iŽll try)
save money (for something i might need/want)
train dogs
maybe take kickboxing lessons or some sort of martial arts (i love kicks :p )
take my drawing and photography more serious and exploit it
help a rescue group (even if they are far away)
iŽll think of something else but for now thats that

*LabLoverKEB*
12-30-2005, 04:57 PM
1. loose weight/exercise more/eat healthier
2.. Get a puppy!! :)

catnapper
12-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Hubby laughed at mine when I told him today! I want to be more organized with the housework. No procrastinating, and do a little each day instead of waiting til its overwhelming.

I also want to go ot more of the kids' sporting events (but this has to be AFTER I get myeyes fixed because it useless going when I can't see them on the field/inthe water)

CathyBogart
12-30-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm good at keeping most of mine, I don't bother with "I will exercise more/eat healthier/save money/etc", because those are pretty unrealistic for me and the only way it's going to happen is if I tell myself every day it's going to, not because of a new year's resolution. My resolutions for this year are....

I am going to be a better friend. I'm kind of flaky and not very good at keeping in touch with people, but I am going to improve upon that.

I am going to do well in school. When I put my mind to it, I really can, I just never had a goal to work towards before and I think that will make all the difference in the world.

I am going to work with Star and Wilbur's behavioral issues. Now that I'm not living with them it's hard, but they both need a lot of work on anxiety/aggression problems and I'm going to help them as much as I can.

I am going to see a doctor about my hearing problem. It's driving myself and DBF crazy because it's hard to talk to each other, but I've been putting it off.

That's all that comes to mind right now, but I'm sure a few more will pop up throughout today as I think about it.

Felix
12-30-2005, 07:11 PM
I accomplished last years resolution which was too stop smoking(smoke free a year in Feb...YAY!)

This year I will need to loose all the weight I gained after quitting smoking :o So I will try my best. :D

joanofark
12-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Wow everyone has great resolutions!

I ussually keep mine too!

.sarah
12-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Heh ... I can never even remember my resolutions!

1. Get out more and make more friends and find myself a good boyfriend

That's really the only *resolution* I have ... everything else is wants and/or unrealistic. I just don't have much time inbetween school and work. The only reason I'm on here so much is because I'm homeschooled, and I do a little work then post some, otherwise I just get frustrated with school. So, I need something to keep me level headed. :p But, I've just cut down on my hours at work and I've set a better standard for myself in school so maybe I'll be able to get out more. I think if I didn't have my dogs and friends at work I'd go crazy!

.sarah
12-30-2005, 09:48 PM
I hope you can accomplish this, not just for you, but also for the people around you. Growing up my parents and brother smoked and it was so frustrating being the little girl who would literally only breathe every minute or two while one was lit up in the car because I hated the way it smelled. And now that I know how harmful second hand smoke is, I'm really glad I did that. This past year my dad quit smoking, and it's been about a year and a half since my mom quit. My brother quit for about two years but started again a few months ago. It's always been an on/off thing for all of them, and it's really frustrating for me. I hate(d) seeing them smoke, because I hate to think how much time they've taken from themselves from being on this planet.

Anyway, sorry to preach, but I always feel so bad when people want to quit smoking and can't. I honestly can't say I know what you're going through, but I can say I know what people who love you are going through.

Good luck :)

Uabassoon
12-30-2005, 10:35 PM
I want to actually go to the gym. I've had a membership for a year and I've gone maybe 10 times.

Flatcoatluver
12-30-2005, 10:36 PM
I hope you can accomplish this, not just for you, but also for the people around you. Growing up my parents and brother smoked and it was so frustrating being the little girl who would literally only breathe every minute or two while one was lit up in the car because I hated the way it smelled. And now that I know how harmful second hand smoke is, I'm really glad I did that. This past year my dad quit smoking, and it's been about a year and a half since my mom quit. My brother quit for about two years but started again a few months ago. It's always been an on/off thing for all of them, and it's really frustrating for me. I hate(d) seeing them smoke, because I hate to think how much time they've taken from themselves from being on this planet.

Anyway, sorry to preach, but I always feel so bad when people want to quit smoking and can't. I honestly can't say I know what you're going through, but I can say I know what people who love you are going through.

Good luck :)
I am the same way as you both parents smoke and brother, there currently trying to quit, so I wish you alot of good luck iv4dogs!!!

K9karen
12-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Survive another year.

tomkatzid
12-31-2005, 02:00 AM
1. Make back up copies of all my photos, as I take them, CD's or DVD's.

2. Roll my change when 'one' bowl is filled, not wait till I have 3 and can't even carry it in to the bank on my own.

3. Wash my car or drive through a car wash at least twice a year !! Didn't make it even once this year.

That's about it for me. # 1. I had even when I was shooting film, to kept the neg. with the photos, and I never could do it.

Katz

koxka
12-31-2005, 02:15 AM
Survive another year.

Good one! :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-31-2005, 01:10 PM
I have a lot, but one resolution is to live life to the fullest, and never take anything for granted! I know many of us do that, and it shouldn't be a resolution, but sometimes we just have to remind ourselves!;)

crazy_caique
12-31-2005, 02:31 PM
1)lose weight
2)don't worry be Happy
3)get organized
4)drink more water
5)and there are many more but those are my main ones

prechrswife
12-31-2005, 08:25 PM
Use the treadmill as more than a dust collector. :)

moosmom
01-01-2006, 09:58 AM
I stopped making resolutions because I never stuck to them anyways!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anna_66
01-01-2006, 11:52 AM
I accomplished last years resolution which was too stop smoking(smoke free a year in Feb...YAY!)

This year I will need to loose all the weight I gained after quitting smoking :o So I will try my best. :D
Congrats! Feb will be a year for both Mark and I too.

Resolution this year...

Make it another year smoke free:)

RobiLee
01-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Well, I don't like to make any because I never keep them. Its always the same ol lose weight thing :rolleyes:

BUT...

I'd like to try and walk my pups more. Every day if possible. I'm a bad doggy owner and don't do that enough :o

Also, I like the one about backing up all my photos. I am so bad about that and you think I would know better since I lost all my photos once when my computer blew up.

lisalee
01-01-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't make them. I will just try to live life to the fullest each day and take life one day at a time. I think I do that pretty much now though.

sandragonfly
01-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't know.. :rolleyes:

last year I only had one, stop biting my nails and I have.

survive another year too, I guess. :)

p.s. felix, I'm soooooo happy for you!!! congrats to you! and anna/mark, bet you both feel good too! :D

slleipnir
01-01-2006, 11:50 PM
I'd really like to lose atleast 15 lbs...

Felix
01-03-2006, 05:03 PM
p.s. felix, I'm soooooo happy for you!!! congrats to you! and anna/mark, bet you both feel good too!
Thanks so very much.I feel awsome that I have accomplished such a HUGE task.It was the best thing that I ever done for myself,and I feel GREAT! :D