PDA

View Full Version : We survived the first trip to the vet

Lachesis
04-06-2002, 06:37 PM
Well $300 later we survived their first car trip to the vet. They got their first check up and shots.

It will be $400 plus tax (ohhhh a small discount) to spay them all in 6 weeks. Another $200 for the second set of shots?
Im just gonna shell the $$$ out and get it all done. We should be good for a year. Except for tags.
She said they were totally healthy and happy... made me feel good... ;)
They were sooo good in the car. Didnt cry or anything... on the way home I had their carrier partly unzipped and Pepper came out and crawled in my arms.... she just watched the scenery go by.... and purred.... LOL

LoudLou
04-07-2002, 01:13 AM
Yeah! Glad everybody did ok at the "White Coats". Headbumpies for everyone! Maybe some special treats too?;)

Lachesis
04-07-2002, 03:26 AM
Oh yes they got treats and I picked them up a koosh ball... Max loves it... Im watching him carefully tho so he doesnt bite the koosh strings off....

lynnestankard
04-07-2002, 08:22 AM
What big brave furbabies - first visit the the V** and no tantrums - I hope my three are taking note and feel thoroughly ashamed. Perhaps next time the 'portaprison' is produced they wont do their impression of 'In For Life - Aaaaagghhhhh'

Lynne

sasvermont
04-07-2002, 09:19 AM
I can't believe how much money they charge in your area. What, is there only one VET? Gosh. What an investment. Dentisit are very expensive here in Vermont, but vets are not. The only thing that I can figure is that there isn't much competition, thus they can name their price.

I think I might go to Vet school and move to your town.... I would charge YOU less though.

;)

Heather Wallace
04-07-2002, 11:59 AM
Tatty Bogles has been to the vet quite a lot recently, he is a lot more relaxed when he is out of his carrier when travelling, he also enjoys watching the scenery go by just like you cat. Sometimes people double take when they see a cat peering out of the window, suppose that what's expected of a dog.

Lachesis
04-07-2002, 12:38 PM
There are 3 places for vets and this was the cheapest.... boohoo hoooooo

Thanksfully/hopefully they wont need many trips to the vet....

LoudLou
04-07-2002, 02:29 PM
Rachel, out of curiosity what is the cost of a standard office visit to your vet? We have three vets in our town and it's $29.95 just for an office visit.

AmberLee
04-07-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
... Perhaps next time the 'portaprison' is produced they wont do their impression of 'In For Life - Aaaaagghhhhh'...

ROTFL!!! Wonderful image! :D

Lachesis
04-07-2002, 06:26 PM
I think it must have been around $100? I know she said it would save me $$$ if I had their shots done @ the same time I got them fixed....

04-08-2002, 11:59 AM
:mad: those vets charge far to much !!
here (belgium) I paid about 125 € (is about the same in $ I think ???) . A normal visit is 21 € .
Sydney does not mind going there , as long of course as the vet does not try to examine him !!
I've never had any problems getting him into his travel-cage . I use a trick for that : many hours before , I put the cage somewhere in the living-room . He thinks it is for playing , so he jumps in and out and even comes to get in ,when I call him !! I know , it's a naughty trick of me , but as long as it helps ...!;)