PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Request For Prayers For Slick

gini
12-30-2005, 03:14 AM
Dear friends,

I came home very late this evening after a lovely dinner with friends and family to find a phone call from Slick.

She has been in a car accident and was calling me from the hospital.

I do not have any details at this time to share with you except that she has requested prayers.

She said she was alright but the hospital wanted to check her out. I do not know what hospital she was calling from - but I will try to contact her early tomorrow.

I am sorry I have no more details, but please, please, pray for our dear friend Slick.

Thank you all!

binka_nugget
12-30-2005, 03:24 AM
Oh no! :eek: I hope everything's okay!

LoudLou
12-30-2005, 03:35 AM
:eek: :( OH NO! :( :eek: Slick, ((((((HUGS))))))

Barbara
12-30-2005, 03:57 AM
Oh Slick, hope you recover soon- and that it was only a small accident with no others in it. {{{{Hugs}}}}

gini
12-30-2005, 04:11 AM
On the off chance that she might already be home, I called Slick.

She is alright but very sore. The woman in the other car (that caused the accident) was also taken to the hospital but Slick doesn't know her condition.

She thinks her car is in pretty bad condition and will find out more tomorrow.

I told her that I had posted this, but she probably won't be on the computer tomorrow.

Just the same, prayers can be a great healer - and I know she will appreciate all that you have to offer.

jenluckenbach
12-30-2005, 04:57 AM
Healing prayers for Slick.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Killearn Kitties
12-30-2005, 04:59 AM
Many many hugs and healing thoughts winging their way to Slick! We are all willing her to get well soon.

I'll spare a few thoughts for the car too. I hope everything gets sorted out quickly.

chocolatepuppy
12-30-2005, 05:14 AM
Prayers headed Slicks way...

Cookiebaker
12-30-2005, 06:29 AM
Oh no! Poor Slick!!! :eek: Many prayers heading your way, and I Hope you have a very quick recovery!!!

Barbara
12-30-2005, 06:35 AM
Hope that first all the humans (Slick and the other woman) are ok- and that then the car thing can get sorted out. It will be a relief for Slick she didn't cause the accident. It's even worse if you know you hurt somebody.

Daisy and Delilah
12-30-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are zooming to the West Coast for Slick. Please get better! :(

Cinder & Smoke
12-30-2005, 07:31 AM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif

So Glad the Hoppsbittle Visit was a "quickie" and they didn't need to "keep" you!

Take it from ME - having to "stay" in the Hospital when you'd rather be home
is NOT *Phunn*!

Wishing you a Speedy Recovery from any *bumps* & *bruises* you may have! ;)

As for the CAR ...
Talk to YOUR Insurance Agent / Adjustor ASAP ...
Ask about them providing you a LOANER Car while yours is being repaired.

Hope you and the car Feel Better Soon! ;)

Randi
12-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Oh no, poor Slick!! :( I was just talking to her the other day on the phone and we also talked about cars, she said she has a big solid one, so that surely helped. I hope she didn't get any serious injuries!

Sending positive and healing thoughts to you, Slick - and many hugs!!

Get better soon, my friend! :)

Gini, thanks for letting us know.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-30-2005, 07:45 AM
Oh no! Slick, I'm so glad you're ok and hope the aches and soreness heal up quickly.

Good thoughts and prayers on their way!

smokey the elder
12-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Purrayers on the way for Slick. Boy, the last two weeks have sure been a buzz kill. :(

moosmom
12-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Oh no!! :(:(

Slick,

Prayers and thoughts coming from Connecticut. What a sucky time for this to happen! Rest up girl and get better soon!

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Donna

trayi52
12-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Lots of prayers are headed your way, Slick. Hope you are feeling better really soon.

Thanks Gini for the info, please keep us updated!

Willie

QueenScoopalot
12-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Prayers winging in from the East Coast to you Slick. Thank God you are OK despite sounding pretty banged up. Heal up fast and let us know how you are.

furrykidsmother
12-30-2005, 08:46 AM
More prayers on their way for a speedy recovery!

anna_66
12-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Oh Slick! I'm glad to hear your alright.
I'll keep you in my prayers.
{{{HUGS}}} Anna

Karen
12-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Prayers on their way!

JenBKR
12-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Glad to hear that you are ok - prayers and good thoughts coming your way!

kuhio98
12-30-2005, 09:19 AM
slick ~ I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better soon. Please let us know if need anything. Sending prayers to you.

davidpizzica
12-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Oh, Slick! Pittsburgh prayers are going out to you. I'm hoping the the soreness and the bruises heal quickly. Gentle {{{{HUGS}}}}! Also prayers and healing go out the other woman involved in the accident and to her family.

Alysser
12-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Oh, Slick. I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you'll be okay.

sandragonfly
12-30-2005, 10:10 AM
yikes. what is with car accidents this year!

take care slick, feel better soon I hope.

Corinna
12-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Slick as the others have said prayers for you are winging from here in Montana. Hope your back to your self soon.

Anita Cholaine
12-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Oh no!! I'm really sorry Slick, sending prayers on your way for a speedy recovery... And prayers too for the other woman who was in the accident...

catnapper
12-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Oh no! Prayers coming out ot you and the others involved. Gentle (((hugs))) of healing for you.

luvofallhorses
12-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh no! :( Prayers on the way for slick. ((((hugs)))) Please keep us updated.

gini
12-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Slick probably won't be checking in for a while. She needed to get to her car to retrieve the insurance papers and her good friends were going to drive her there.

I imagine that today she is really feeling the results of this accident.

She said that the woman made a turn right in front of her and it all happened very rapidly - the woman never even saw Slick.

We just need to keep those prayers up that she can recover quickly.

Edwina's Secretary
12-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Well....to be a Pollyanna....you got this over and done with in 2005 so you can start off 2006 as a good year!

Feel better quick, Slick!

shais_mom
12-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Feel better Slick!!!
Maybe a nice big mug of Bailey's??

;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-30-2005, 11:24 AM
Get Better Soon Dear Slick !!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-30-2005, 11:26 AM
I just saw this!
Slick, my friend, please know prayers are on the way from me too!
Hopefull, her insurance will fix your car.

Lots of kitty kisses from leonardo, luke, chester, and grandma are heading your way too.

lizbud
12-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Prayers for a quick and complete recovery. Accidents can happen
in a split second, but the after effects can take a long time getting over.
Rest up when you can & I do hope you are feeling better soon. :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Slick's way. I hope you feel better soon Slick. Take care. (((HUGS)))

tatsxxx11
12-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Oh dear!!!:( Slick, we're thinking of you friend and hoping that very soon, you're back on your feet! Thank goodness it wasn't more serious!

Love and hugs!!!
Sandra~

AmberLee
12-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Adding our prayers to the mix. Hope you are feeling terrific, soon.

{{{Slick}}}

zippy-kat
12-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Just did see this! :(

My goodness, Slick! MEGA MEGA MEGA prayers being sent your way, honey!

{{hugs}}

rg_girlca
12-30-2005, 06:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear this terrible news, but so relieved that your injuries weren't serious ones Slick.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that you have a full and speedy recovery.

Prayers also for the other woman that she is okay also.

Gentle ((((((HUGS)))))) for you Slick.

CagneyDog
12-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Lots of prayers are on the way :(

{{hugs}}

momoffuzzyfaces
12-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Slick, my friend, I hope you are feeling better this evening!
Lots of prayers and HUGS being sent your way!!!

Oggyflute
12-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Best thoughts and wishes to you Slick. Get well soon mate.

slick
12-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I've been driving since 1969 and this has been my first rather serious accident. I've only had two other "fender-benders" with very little damage.

Here's what happened. I was driving down a busy street - 2 lanes - I was in the lane closest to the oncoming traffic as I had to turn left at the bottom of the hill. To my left is a very wide boulevard with grass and trees and to the left of that was the oncoming traffic. Anyway, about 2 blocks before the bottom of the hill, a small VW hatchback tried to cross the two lane road and before I knew it, she was right in front of me and we t-boned, then my car veered off to the boulevard and crashed head on into a tree. She came from a side street and had a stop sign. I had the right of way. As far as I'm concerned, it's 100% her fault. Neither one of our airbags deployed.

I got out and called 911 and within 3 min. there were two ambulances and police on the scene. I think the other driver may have gotten some witnesses because as I was walking towards her car I could see someone punching in some numbers to his cell phone. I had no time for witnesses because the ambulance driver whisked me into the back to check me over.

We both went to the hospital in the same ambulance...me on my own steam and her on a stretcher. She complained about a sore head, ribs and left ankle. Right now, I only have only a very sore upper back, shoulders and neck. Oh yes...I drive a Chevy Blazer and the whole front end is damaged but that's all. It just confirms my opinion that I feel safer in an SUV than a sedan. Her small car had the whole driver's side pushed in the broken glass all over the place.

I've made all the appropriate arrangements....contacted all the appropriate insurance people and already have a rental car which my insurance covers. Now, it's a question of liability. Who knows what stories she can conjure up and have her witnesses say. I'm sick over this.

Thanks for your prayers and {{{hugs}}} to all.
xoxoxo

gini
12-30-2005, 06:50 PM
I for one, am just glad that you are here to tell us all about it and for us to offer you support, prayers and love.

Crashed into a tree? Good grief - not your average day event!

Toby's my baby
12-30-2005, 07:02 PM
So sorry to hear this!! I am glad you are O.K, with no SERIOUS injuries. Good luck with all the insurance issues and all that good stuff!

NoahsMommy
12-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Slick,

Oh how I wish I had your home phone number....when I moved to CiCi and Phil's, I didn't print out my contacts correctly and only have your work number.

Slick, my mom is a auto claims adjuster...has been for over 30 years for State Farm Insurance. I'll tell her what happened. I have a feeling all your adjuster has to do is see WHERE it happened and you'll be proved NOT LIABLE. Its obvious SHE pulled out in front of you, without any time for you to avoid her. All trained claim reps can look at the situation and see that.

Call me this weekend on my cell if you can, I'll be spending the weekend with my parents. I'm sure my mom would be happy to talk to you, honey.

I'll keep you in my prayers. How are you feeling??

Love ya,
Kelly :)

blade8721
12-30-2005, 08:27 PM
my prayers are to Slick good luck!!!!!!!

Uabassoon
12-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Slick I'm so sorry to hear about what happened. I'm happy that you are well enough to be able to come and update. I'll be sending prayers for a speedy recovery and that everything works out in your favor.

dukedogsmom
12-30-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, Slick. I hope you'll be alright and that you'll get another car without a lot of expense. But, they can be replaced, you can't. Take care.

shais_mom
12-30-2005, 10:42 PM
glad you were feeling up to updating us Slick.
Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Flatcoatluver
12-30-2005, 10:45 PM
I will keep my thoghts and prayer with you, I am so happy that there was no serios injurys

K9karen
12-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Whew! I'm just so happy that your safe and not seriously injured. That's what counts. I'll be praying that you feel better and that everything works out in your favor.

krazyaboutkatz
12-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Slick, I'm glad that you feel good enough to be able to update us on what has happened. :) Please take care and I hope you start feeling better soon. (((HUGS)))

jesse_3
12-31-2005, 01:45 AM
I have just now seen this! Slick, I am so glad that you are okay, for the most part! I was very concerned hearing about this.

(((((HUGS))))) I hope that you are feeling better and not too sore!
Steph and the gang

tomkatzid
12-31-2005, 02:03 AM
Glad to read that your doing a bit better by now. Our paws with claws are crossed for you !!!
Katz

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Slick, I'm just glad you're ok, and that you have a good insurance company that is taking care of you. You will be sore for a few days. I know I was sore for 3 or 4 days and I just had a minor fender bender.

Don't worry yourself too much over this. I did the same thing when I had my accident - especially since it really could have been viewed as being my fault. The people were overly dramatic over the whole thing, and I could just see them taking me/my insurance company to the cleaners, but what I found out is that your insurance company is no dummy. They're looking out for themselves, which ultimately turns out to be good for you. They have complete departments for watching out for fraud and they will do their durn best to make sure it's the other lady's fault and that her insurance company takes the brunt of the financial hit - mainly because they don't want to take the hit. I put it in my insurer's hands and they handled it. They made a few phone calls to me to get details, but other than that, they dealt with the other people and the other insurance company.

So, don't worry yourself sick over it because it will all be alright. :)

{{{hugs}}}

Cataholic
12-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Oh, Slick! I do hope you are feeling better today!

anna_66
12-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Glad to hear your alright Slick!

K9soul
12-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Slick, Thank God you are okay. I was so scared when I saw the title of this thread! :( You are in my thoughts and prayers. What a traumatic thing to deal with :(. I'm just so grateful that you are not seriously injured.

Ginger's Mom
12-31-2005, 04:46 PM
I am glad to hear that you weren't seriously hurt. Thoughts and prayers going out for a quick recovery of the aches and pains, and that all turns out well with the insurance companies.

jenfer
12-31-2005, 09:38 PM
I *just* read this. That's terrible. I am glad you are alright!

cloverfdx
01-01-2006, 01:26 AM
Oh no good vibes coming your way Slick {{Hugs}}.

zippy-kat
01-01-2006, 02:20 AM
How're you feeling today, Slick?

Still in my thoughts and prayers!

RobiLee
01-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Ohhh Slick! I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this. I'm so relieved to hear that you weren't seriously injured. I hope you aren't feeling too sore today. That must have been a scary thing. I hope the insurance gets everything sorted out and things come out ok for you.

{{{BIG HUGS}}}

finn's mom
01-01-2006, 03:14 PM
I am so glad to hear that you are doing all right...that it wasn't too terribly serious...a car accident took my father's life, it was hard for me to post on this thread right away...but, I'm glad to hear that it wasn't your time to go.