PDA

View Full Version : I really need a hug right now.....

carole
12-29-2005, 07:16 PM
I am devastated today, as i have to tell you all my lil Zara the feral sweetie that i had spayed has died, I found her at lunchtime on the side of the road, it appears someone has picked her up and put her there and so i can only hope she died instantly,she was hit by a car, i wondered why she had not come for morning feed.

Hubby brought her back and we have buried her next to my sootie in our back garden, I just feel sick to the stomach, i put her through all the trauma of surgery etc and now just over a week later she is gone, she was so beautiful, only just over a year old, and she was so special to me, it just feels as bad as when I lost one of my own., the tears are just pouring out as i type this, I cannot believe i wont see her again, she deserved so much better in her short life.

It just is not fair, I did not get a picture of her, so I have nothing but my memories of a sweet but scared lil kitty, I hope she knew how much I loved her, I buried her with a lil note from me Zara I loved you so much, love mummy, I know to others that would sound silly, but to everyone here you will understand my need to do that, and i have placed a beautiful red rose from my garden on her grave, at least she wont be left to rot on the side of the road.

Rest in peace my dear lil Zara and have fun at the Rainbow Bridge, I loved you will all i had to give.

kuhio98
12-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Oh carole ~ I'm so sorry. Poor baby. You gave her the best chance she could ask for. But, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Sweet Zara, you will not be forgotten. carole ~ A great big hug from me. I'm so sorry.
Lisa

carole
12-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Thank you Lisa, I know we did our best, but it just was not good enough, that lil girl deserved so much more, it hurts so much , its unbearable just thinking about her sweet face popping over the fence for a feed, I will never forget her, never.

Cataholic
12-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Carole, I am so sorry to hear about the little girl. She went to the RB knowing she was loved and cared for. While it doesn't help the hurt right now, you did so right by her. It does matter to her that you gave all that you had.

RIP, sweet one, RIP.

I_luv_rusty
12-29-2005, 07:29 PM
So sorry about Zara. She does deserve better. RIP Sweethart! You will be missed!

carole
12-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Thanks Johanna that did bring me comfort, I just hope she did really know that I loved her and was trying to help her, one never really knows, at least i got to see her last night, i tryed to approach her and get her to sniff my hands, and talk with her, she came for a feed last night with the other kitties and I tryed to get her to play on the fence with a long grass blade, I have to hold on to those memories of her .

Edwina's Secretary
12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
So sorry to hear this Carole. You were so wonderful to her....

Karen
12-29-2005, 07:53 PM
A very, very, very big strong hug is sent your way. of COURSE Zara knew you loved her. You cared, got her spayed, gave her a name and as much love as you could - that is so much more than most strays will ever have. She will be amongst the crowd to greet you, some faroff day, when you arrive yourself at the Rainbow Bridge, this I know.

Toby's my baby
12-29-2005, 07:55 PM
{{HUGS}} I am so sorry. I'm sure Zara will always remeber you! :(

anna_66
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Carole, I'm very sorry to hear this:( You did your best to help her.
{{{HUGS}}}

NoahsMommy
12-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Carole,

It sounds as though you were her angel. Just think if that sweet little girl didn't have you?? But she did and the life you helped her have was happy and loving. RB is a happy, healthy, painfree place - where she very much deserves to be.

BIG hugs, Carole. I'm so sorry about Zara, sweetie.

Love, Kelly

carole
12-29-2005, 09:07 PM
I still cannot quite believe she is gone, it hurts so much, I know even though her life was not great, she was a happy kitty, she had her birth mother with her and her grandmother, i saw them playing together yesterday and licking each other , they were so cute, it is just so sad, and seems so futile, I spayed her for a better life and now this, geez life sucks sometimes doesn't it?

It is gonna be hard tonight when I call the others for a feed, as she won't be coming and I will find that incredibly hard and sad to deal with.,it is just ironic she had lived in my neighbourhood for over a year and was safe from the road, then i get her spayed and this happens, so unfair.,excuse me waffling on but I just don't get why these things happen like they do.,sometimes you just feel so disheartened and wonder is it worth it all?

You know Zara does live on, we rescued one of her babies a sweet wee girl, I keep telling myself that part of Zara is still alive in her baby.

Cinder & Smoke
12-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Zara does live on, we rescued one of her babies, a sweet wee girl,

I keep telling myself that part of Zara is still alive in her baby.

Kitty Angel Zara will be looking out for You and her Kitten ...

Rest In Peace, Zara.

/s/ http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif Phred

catnapper
12-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh Carole, how devastating! I can feel your pain all the way over here! Rest knowing you did what you could to make her life as happy as you could.

I am so sorry to hear your first rescue attempt ended poorly. Please continue to help animals, and perhaps you'll be able to save the next kitty from the same fate.

luvofallhorses
12-29-2005, 10:46 PM
I am so sorry, Carole! :( ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

jesse_3
12-29-2005, 10:58 PM
(((((BIG HUGS)))))
This is terrible. At least you know that she had a full belly and had a human to love her.
God smiles upon your good deeds to Zara, and Zara will await for your comming.

I know that it is hard to find comfort with a death, but just remember that you will soo her again...
(((((MORE BUG HUGS))))))
Steph and her gang

K9karen
12-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Carole, love, you did a wonderful thing for Zara. So many people wouldn't care less because she was just "feral". You were loving, and caring and I have no doubt in my mind that Zara knew it. Know in your heart she "felt" every ounce of love you had for her. You were both blessed to have found each other. There's no explanation why things happen the way they do. Pictures or not, you have lovely memories forever. My thoughts and prayers are with you during your sadness.

carole
12-30-2005, 01:32 AM
,I had such high hopes of taming Zara, she was letting me get so close to her, I figured when that neighbour left she would not take her even though i had asked her to, and she would be my girl, I would have taken as best care of her that i could, now i will not have the chance, everytime i think of her and see her in my mind I just cannot stop crying, i never knew myself how much i loved that wee girl.

She was one of the prettiest cats i had ever seen, I will describe her as best I can, she was white with these lovely black splotches on her back,and she had this lovely black stripe down her nose, the rest of her was white, and the most gorgeous eyes ever, almond shaped with like heavy black liner on them, she always blinked them alot at you, just like my Lexie., you know two of Duchess's kittens are almost spitting images of her except they do not have the black stripe on their wee noses.,her own kitten was nothing like her except they all have this little cute markings on their bottom lip, seems to be in the family as each cat has it and Zara's kitten did too, quite distinctive they were.

I have not seen Zara's kitten since we took it to the shelter and it was in a foster home, I really feel the need to see her more than ever now, so I must find out the foster mother's name and address and see if I can see her.

It is so dumb I keep looking out the window expecting to see her on the fence waiting for a feed, and when i fed the other two tonight it was hard knowing lil Zara was not going to be there,poor Victoria also lost her daughter tonight, but she is so busy with her mother's kittens helping out I don't know that she really knows what has happened or where Zara is.

moosmom
12-30-2005, 01:40 AM
Oh Carole! :eek:

I am at a loss for words! After all you've done for her. How sad. Please, do NOT blame yourself! This was a tragic accident and you did all you could for that precious little girl. She was very fortunate to have you in her life, no matter how short it was.

RIP my sweet Zara. Godspeed to the RB. :(

carole
12-30-2005, 01:49 AM
Donna I just keep asking myself why did this have to happen, this little girl had lived as a feral for over a year, I feel bad that she had to go through all this trauma of surgery and being caged only to loose her life a couple of weeks if that later, it seems all so pointless, I know i was not to know this would happen, but now I wish I had never put her through it all, it was tough for her and she was so scared but oh so well behaved., I know had she lived her life would have been better not having to have kittens,it just is so darn unfair, why now of all times, why at all?????I am so heartbroken, i had formed such a bond with her, that was unique and special from any other cat, because she was a feral girl, and had begun to trust me., I still cannot believe she is gone.

Alysser
12-30-2005, 01:51 AM
That's so terrible! It's not your fault at all though. I hope she didn't suffer. The sad truth is she was lucky she lasted over a year. Ferals don't make it that long. Which stinks! :confused: :( :(

Oggyflute
12-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Sorry for your loss Carole, it's never pointless to give love to an animal or person even, that's in need.

LoudLou
12-30-2005, 03:40 AM
Carole, so sorry for the loss of sweet Zara. :(

((((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))))

Miss Z
12-30-2005, 04:28 AM
Oh no, i'm so sorry:( Poor little Zara who had such a brilliant name;) i hope that she's having fun with my Brando at the RB as we speak:(

jenluckenbach
12-30-2005, 04:55 AM
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

:( :( :(

I am so sad for you. RIP Zara.

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-30-2005, 06:02 AM
OH NO...

Im so sorry!

That is such terrible news! {{{HUGS}}}

It is just wonderful that she was able to experience the love you gave her.

smokey the elder
12-30-2005, 07:54 AM
She had love, care and a name. Zara is looking out for you, and will spread good things your way. {{{Hugs}}}

QueenScoopalot
12-30-2005, 08:36 AM
I know it doesn't take the sting away, but at least you found her so she could have a proper burial Carole. I think it's more painful to never know and always wonder. :( You were Zaras adoptive meowmie and she knew you cared for her when those horrid neighbors didn't. Did Zara have any more kittens other than the one you rescued? :confused: ((HUGS)) to you for not allowing those kitties to languish without food or medical treatment. And curses to the neighbors who started it all.

pitc9
12-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Oh No! :eek: :(
How devastating!
RIP Sweet angel.

furrykidsmother
12-30-2005, 08:52 AM
I am so very sorry to her this. RIP little one!

JenBKR
12-30-2005, 09:08 AM
I am so sorry :( Zara is having fun now at the rainbow bridge, remembering her good times with you.

davidpizzica
12-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Carole, the tears are flowing from Pittsburgh. Carole, don't think of rescuing Zara as a failure, because you gave the most that she ever had in her life, care, comfort and love, something she'd never have in the wild. I know you miss her terribly, but you're right, a part of Zara will live in the wee one. I know your sorrow is deep right now, but here are Pittsburgh {{{{HUGS}}}} for you.

sandragonfly
12-30-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm so sorry.. :( rest peacefully now, dear little zara..

hate when words sometimes are useless, I want you to know how I feel for you!

(((((as much as you want!))))) don't forget to take care of yourself too!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Oh no, this is terrible news.... !
Please don't blame yourself, Carole!! You did all you could for her. Don't think it wasn't worth it... .
Don't worry, she KNOWS you loved her dearly!!

((((((((( HUGS ))))))))

carole
12-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Thank you , your words of comfort help me tremendously, QSA Zara had another kitten but sadly it was dead in the fence, i think she was a first time mum and was not that good at it, so we only rescued her one baby girl, and yes i was thankful to beable to bury her too, that meant a lot to me, she is beside my sweet Sootie.

My heart is still heavy, woke up with that awful feeling you experience in your stomach, you know the one, but I will have to concentrate on the mama and her babies and Vicky and make sure they are still ok, they came over this morning for a feed, the owner does feed them, but i don't feel enough, so i supplement their food and make they both get a nice big plateful, mama needs it as she is feeding and is always very hungry, i am going to de-worm her, and that should help, she has been deflead as are her babies.

I have to stick in with the owner so i can go over and check on the kittens, as they are in her verandah now, at least they have shelter there which is something, i am counting down the days until i can grab them and spay Duchess., it seems forever, i want them safe NOW.

Gosh i miss lil Zara so much, her pretty face appearing over the fence, she was so beautiful, i hope she really did know that i loved her so, i really do.

Karen
12-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Gosh i miss lil Zara so much, her pretty face appearing over the fence, she was so beautiful, i hope she really did know that i loved her so, i really do.

Look up! That's her face peering at you behind that bit of cloud! Of course, of course, of course she knew you loved her! Now she's your Zarangel-kitty, set to watch over you like you watched out for her.

tatsxxx11
12-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Oh, I'm so, so sorry, Carole:(:(:( I know how such a loss touches a dear heart as yours. But please, don't blame yourself. Little Zara was so lucky to have had a special friend like you. She left this world knowing someone loved her:( I'm so sorry...:( HUGS to you friend. And may God bless dear, precious Zara.

Love, Sandra

carole
12-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Thank you all for the kind words, and Karen your words brought the first smile to my face today, I can just imagine that cheeky beautiful face of her's hiding behind the clouds, she indeed was a lovely girl, so sad she never knew the real love of a human, only mine for a short time, and that she did not quite understand, still i take comfort in knowing that.

I know my rescue attempts are no failure, as there are going to be ten kittens that now have a chance of finding wonderful homes, and Vicky and Duchess will hopefully have better lives, longer than poor Zara.

trayi52
12-30-2005, 10:34 PM
So sorry, Carole. I know you done the best you could for dear sweet Zara. It seems there is always room for one more angel in heaven, and Zara was that Angel. You done so wonderful for her short little life, even though she was destined to be that angel so soon.

Rest in peace, sweet little Angel, Zara,and play hard at the bridge, and please remember that you mommy loved you dearly.

Willie