PDA

View Full Version : I came close to another Cockatiel today

Logan
04-06-2002, 04:33 PM
Yikes!!! What was I thinking???

I went to buy some supplies and noticed on the counter in the pet store, there was a huge cage with the most beautiful gray Cockatiel in it. I have never seen so many toys for one bird! Roger would have been very jealous! :o

I made the comment to the clerk that that was some spoiled bird!! I figured they were boarding him. She sad that sadly, his mom got sick, and couldn't take care of him anymore. :( His name is Willy and they are trying to find him a new home. He is two years old, and for $150 the cage, all the toys and Willy can go home with someone.

Don't think I wasn't tempted!! May still be!! But I used my better judgement and didn't write another check today. Setting Roger up and just getting him cost me way more than that. They have had Willy for a month, she said. I'll keep watching.

Anyone want a Cockatiel???? Willy sure does need a new home!!! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-06-2002, 04:40 PM
ZIP A DEE DO DAH! in stereo! Just think! :D :eek:

Logan
04-06-2002, 04:46 PM
LOL!!!!!! You are too funny!!! :D :D :D

That Willy might find a home here before it's overwith. But I have to think of the others.....it might just put Honey right over the edge. She hasn't gotten used to Roger yet!!! :(

AdoreMyDogs
04-06-2002, 04:48 PM
Logan I would LOVE a cockatiel but I am terrified that I will have an alergic reaction to it, just as I had to my beautiful Goffins cockatoo, Pica. I would never be able to re-home a second bird :( I want a bird so bad :( I miss my Pica so much :( Darn these allergies of mine!!!

Well it could be worse...I could be alergic to dogs also :eek:

Good luck little Willy. You sound so wonderful.

LoudLou
04-06-2002, 06:48 PM
Logan- Are you WOBBLING? ;)

zippy-kat
04-06-2002, 07:13 PM
Ohhhhhh Saaaaannndrraaa....?

How about one for that Squeeker-Wheeker Pig? ;) :D :D :D

LoudLou
04-06-2002, 07:17 PM
How is Squeekers by the way?

Logan
04-06-2002, 10:34 PM
Oh Dear Lord, I am wobbling big time!!! And I made the mistake of telling Helen tonight on the phone, all about Willy!! I don't need him.......I really don't. :eek: :o

LoudLou
04-06-2002, 10:49 PM
Zippity Doo Dah, Zippety A

Quadraphonic Stereo;) :D

Logan
04-06-2002, 10:52 PM
You are bad, very,very bad............

I will not adopt Willy, I will not adopt Willy...

Will I adopt Willy???? I think not.......not tonight!!! :o

zippy-kat
04-06-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I will not adopt Willy, I will not adopt Willy...Will I adopt Willy????

LOL sounds reminscent (sp?) of...

Stray cats will not be fed.
Stray cats will not be fed anything except dry cat food....

;) :D

Former User
04-07-2002, 06:24 AM
LOL, you're so funny! So, how's Willy? ;) Adopted him already? ;) ;)

Logan
04-07-2002, 07:17 AM
I repeat.......

I will not adopt Willy, I will not adopt Willy....... :D :D

Pam
04-07-2002, 07:52 AM
Mimi is probably telling Roger right now "Pay no attention to her. I've heard that before!" :D

Former User
04-07-2002, 08:27 AM
I repeat.......

You will adopt Willy, you will adopt Willy... :D

Logan
04-07-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Mimi is probably telling Roger right now "Pay no attention to her. I've heard that before!" :D

LOL!!! Pam, you are too funny! I let my mind wander in church this morning :o . I cannot adopt Willy.....I cannot adopt Willy. I did pray that he will find a wonderful home (with someone else). :D

zippy-kat
04-07-2002, 12:39 PM
Come on Logan...what's one more? lol

You need another birdie to complete your "Logan's Ark" theme! :)

Logan
04-07-2002, 12:56 PM
Oh no!! That would mean another hamster too!! Poor Olivia is all alone now. :) My petsitter will raise her fees and Helen and I will be in the poor house. :(

If I keep this trend up, I will have to have a bigger house as it is!!! I gave away my upright piano earlier last week and that is where Roger stayed during the daytime. So the reason I was in the petstore yesterday in the first place was to buy him a stand to hang his cage from. $75 later, I get home to realize that Roger's cage doesn't have a top hook! DUH!!!! My blonde moment. I called them back and told them what I had done....guess what. They don't refund, only give store credits. The witty cashier said, "well, then you will have half of Willy's cost already. Consider it a downpayment on Willy". Yikes!!!! I think I will rig Roger's cage instead!!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-07-2002, 01:12 PM
I repeat.......

For some reason the phrase: 'famous last words' keeps running through my mind.
LOL!:D :D

tatsxxx11
04-08-2002, 03:07 PM
Logan, that's not a wObBlE, THAT'S THE EARTH TREMBLING!!:D Be strong, woman!!!:D Remember, we're all here to help you!:D:D:D And the Squeeks Man is doing splendidly, thank you very much! Anxiously awaiting his betrothed! The big day should be April 16th. Can't adopt till then. He's still capable of the family "thing" up to 2 weeks after the big snip!! Can't wait!

RachelJ
04-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Ah ha. The Willy Saga. Too bad Willy is a ways away. I know someone who would be a push over for him.

As I don't know anything about birds, I can't say if they are happier in pairs or not, which would be something to take into consideration. Although I kind of get the impression, that Roger is not in any way at a loss for companionship. We're with you whatever you decide Ms. Logan.

Logan
04-08-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by RachelJ
Ah ha. The Willy Saga. Too bad Willy is a ways away. I know someone who would be a push over for him.

As I don't know anything about birds, I can't say if they are happier in pairs or not, which would be something to take into consideration. Although I kind of get the impression, that Roger is not in any way at a loss for companionship. We're with you whatever you decide Ms. Logan.

I know that same person, Rachel!! She emailed tonight telling me that I should take him.......a Higher Authority is tapping on my shoulder telling me the same thing. I'm going to call about him tomorrow and see if we can come visit and find out if he is as friendly as i think he will be. Roger has stolen our hearts, but when you can't hold him every second you feel so guilty, so maybe a companion in a cage "next door" would make him happy. I don't know!! :eek:

I'll let you know what we decide. :)

zippy-kat
04-08-2002, 09:19 PM
YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY LOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!

:D :D :D