PDA

View Full Version : NEW favorite breed!!!!

buttercup132
12-29-2005, 03:00 PM
well i have fallen in love with a new breed... :D
LILAC border collies
they are gorgous!
http://www.gis.net/~shepdog/BC_Museum/Permanent/BC_ColorLilac.html
this is where i first found them, i have to do more reserch on them but so far im in love , by the borders on here they seem like a very good family pet

Roxyluvsme13
12-29-2005, 03:04 PM
OMG Those are some of the prettiest dogs I have ever seen!! SOOO CUTE! I WANT ONE! :D:D:D:D:D

lv4dogs
12-29-2005, 03:05 PM
They are pretty. Lilac would be just a color, not a breed, I'm sure you know that though. lol

Are they a registered color of the BC?

Alysser
12-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Lilac Borders are beautiful. But they're not a breed. Anyway, they are SOOOOO CUTE! But my favoirte breed of all are Smooth Collies: http://www.gironet.nl/home/collie2/index.htm

BC_MoM
12-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Lilac is just the colour, not the breed. My cousins BC had a lilac pup.. gosh, it was BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the blue BC's too.

Miss Z
12-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Aaaaaw they're so cute, i also like the brindled variety:)

BC_MoM
12-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Aaaaaw they're so cute, i also like the brindled variety:)

It's amazing how many colours there are..

How do the brindle Border Collies come to be?

lv4dogs
12-29-2005, 03:31 PM
It's amazing how many colours there are..

How do the brindle Border Collies come to be?

Gosh I wish my memory was working at top speed. Aussies sometimes come in brindle, as do many other breeds, they are just really rare in most breeds & not a registered color either. I used to know... now I'll have to look that one up. I don't have much time right now but it will give me something to do tomorrow.

Muddy4paws
12-29-2005, 04:00 PM
They are gorgeous! Is that done because of the designer dog trend or because its natural? Sorry to sound dumb, I've never heard of a lilac collie :)

buttercup132
12-29-2005, 04:06 PM
i know its a colour lol how silly do you think i am :p , the site said they come in all colours so they dont really register for certain colours i think , and also i dont think its a designer colour i think its natural

cali
12-29-2005, 04:16 PM
lilac is a naturally occuring colour, like sylver is a dilute chocolate in labs lilac is a dilute red in border collies. the colour should NEVER be bred for, and breeding a lilac to a lilac tends to create skin and coat problems,such as weak, burn prone skin and loss of coat.

buttercup132
12-29-2005, 04:25 PM
thanks for telling me that! wow i never knew that guess ill have to watch out for that

cali
12-29-2005, 04:33 PM
lol I never knew that either, it came up just the other day on a BC board when someone asked if it was safe to breed a lilac to a lilac lol it happens as the effect of doubling the dilute gene. in either case colour should never ever be bred for in border collies, colour breeders are just as large of a threat to the breed as show breeders and puppy mills :)

dappledoxie
12-29-2005, 04:33 PM
What a pretty color, I didn't realize they came in that color, it's beautiful.

buttercup132
12-29-2005, 05:07 PM
IF i were to ever get one id make sure it wasnt bred lilac to lilac or bred for its colour simply natural would be wat id get, i dont think id show it though

IRescue452
12-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Gorgeous colors, but not to forget that its still a border collie and not for everybody. I like the mismatched white patterns and the black saddle.

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Gorgeous colors, but not to forget that its still a border collie and not for everybody. I like the mismatched white patterns and the black saddle.

Right. BCs are definitely not for everyone!;)

The lilac color looks good on border collies!:) There are so many different colors though, it's amazing!