PDA

View Full Version : Fires in Texas

Karen
12-29-2005, 07:39 AM
I keep seeing the fires in Texas and Oklahoma on the news, and hope all our Pet Talk folks are okay, safe and far away from danger.

Check in, please, Texan Pet Talkers!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-29-2005, 08:45 AM
OMG, fires, in the middle of Winter?? I hope everybody is safe and has a warm place to stay!!

Biscuit's Mom
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
I'm in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and there were several grass fires in our area and surrounding counties on Tuesday. Very scary. You could smell smoke in the air. Thankfully, none of the fires were in my neighborhood, but many people lost homes and other property. It is so very dry here and when the wind whips up, there's a great danger of fires. I can't remember when we last had any significant rain.

Robin (aka Biscuit's Mom)

gini
12-29-2005, 10:06 AM
I was so saddened to hear people lost their lives and so many homes have been destroyed. While waiting at the airport for my flight I saw the coverage on television.

sandragonfly
12-29-2005, 11:03 AM
:eek: fires can't shake the sense out of me (forgot) since I've been around the snow...

:( hope and prays everyone & everyfur is ok! thanks karen.

:rolleyes: me.

Felix
12-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Thoughts and prayers to all families affected by the fires.

JenBKR
12-29-2005, 11:15 AM
I hadn't heard :eek: Prayers for everyone in those areas!

RICHARD
12-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Living in California and having a "fire season" at the end of the year make it easy to understand what TX and OK are going through.

Best wishes and prayers to everyone out that way!