PDA

View Full Version : Uugh Im Such A Screw Up-prayers Needed!!!!!

buttercup132
12-28-2005, 08:23 PM
i swear this time of the month is horible for me last year i almost killed roxy and well this year let me start from the beginging, i got a used laptop for half price boxing day for 600 something my parents payed half, well i got home from work today and spilled pop all over the key bord and now the letters dont work..my mom is really really mad, i feel like all i can do is cry i feel so bad and uggh i dont know what to do, we have 14 days to take it back but my mom thinks they wont because they will take it apart and relise that it was ruined by me....dose any1 know what to do/has this happened to anyone else???

im asking for some prayers that its fixable or that they will take it back

buttercup132
12-28-2005, 09:03 PM
bump

catnapper
12-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Sorry sweetie, but you have learned a very expensive lesson. They will definately be able to tell immediately that its been damaged from spillage.

Did your parents get the extended warranty? Often that covers things like spilling. It covered my dropping the computer and breaking it into 5 pieces. I've learned to buy the extended warranty because of my own clumsiness. I've also learned that I need one of those newer keyboards that have waterproofing in it --- I can't tell you how many keyboards I've killed because I dumped tea on it :o I can't imagine doing it to a laptop.

carole
12-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh i am so sorry this happened to you, but yes catnapper is right they can tell if spillage has occurred , my hubby gets mobile phones like that at work all the time people claiming no water or spillage damage, and everytime that is exactly what has caused the problem, it is very easy to tell, accidents do happen and I am sorry this happened to you, are you covered by home insurance, that might be one way , I don't know what your policy covers or not, but check it out and good luck.

BC_MoM
12-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Aw, man.. that bites. :( I hope it's fixable!

JenBKR
12-29-2005, 08:51 AM
(((HUGS))) oh sweetie, I am so sorry - this does not make you a screw up! It makes you normal. Everyone makes mistakes, but I know how you feel. Prayers for a fix coming your way!

buttercup132
12-29-2005, 02:41 PM
phewf we took it back and they fell for our little "white lie" thank god!!!!

JenBKR
12-29-2005, 02:47 PM
Boy you lucked out on that one!! I wouldn't drink much pop around the computer now if I were you though ;)

jesse_3
12-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Wow, you are very lucky! I am glad that it all worked out for you!

lol, for me, I keep food and beverages away from any computers, I often am very clumsy!

Once again, I am very glad that they took your white lie!
Steph and the gang

catnapper
12-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Woohoo! Keep this little lesson in mind next time! LOL

You had definately a PT angel on your shoulder today! :)

RedHedd
12-29-2005, 08:28 PM
WOW you got lucky. I bet you'll stick with the no food or liquid rule around computer equipment from now on. Another one I learned the hard way, no PDA use in the bathroom YES, it fell in :rolleyes:

buttercup132
12-29-2005, 08:30 PM
:eek: lol it fell in!!
thanks guys