boxer lover
12-28-2005, 08:25 PM
tails are for wagging

Kfamr
12-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Not unless they are born like that.

Chilli
12-28-2005, 08:28 PM
It honestly doesn't bother me if they are docked or not. Though I must say that the stocky breeds do look rather dashing with a docked tail! :D

boxer lover
12-28-2005, 08:30 PM
what about the ears being cropped on certain breeds ie boxer,doberman ?

Kfamr
12-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Same as above, if they are born with erect ears, great! There's no reason to change them if they're floppy.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Isn't docking banned in the UK (unless I'm mistaken)? I don't like docking or cropping either. I have a corgi, but she born without a tail (which isn't all that rare in corgis). I'd like to have another corgi someday, but I don't want their poor tail cut off! I know that the AKC requires that kind of thing if you are showing the dog, but I don't like the idea of doing that just for cosmetic purposes.

Chilli
12-28-2005, 08:35 PM
That...well... I'd rather not crop a dog's ears. I mean its not much different from docking their tails, but its done at a later age. When most dock a dog's tail, its usually done before they are even old enough to be sold. Cropping ears isn't a subject I've ever really thought about, honestly. Though I must confess, Dobermans look quite lovely with their ears cropped and their tails docked... I suppose its only me associating Dobermans to the Mafia....
I doubt if I make much sense right now... :o
......I can't make up my mind.......

EDIT// I've made up my mind!!! :D I would not dock a dog's tail or crop a dog's ears just for the heck of it. The one and only reason I would do such is if they were to be shown. And I know for a fact that I don't plan on showing dogs.

boxer lover
12-28-2005, 08:36 PM
it is supposed to be illegal but is still practised on many dogs in scotland.

boxer lover
12-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Isn't docking banned in the UK (unless I'm mistaken)? I don't like docking or cropping either. I have a corgi, but she born without a tail (which isn't all that rare in corgis). I'd like to have another corgi someday, but I don't want their poor tail cut off! I know that the AKC requires that kind of thing if you are showing the dog, but I don't like the idea of doing that just for cosmetic purposes.

docking is supposed to be banned but there are alot of people still practicing this.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
docking is supposed to be banned but there are alot of people still practicing this.

Well I guess it would be a hard law to enforce. Just curious...do you have boxers? Are their tails docked?

boxer lover
12-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Well I guess it would be a hard law to enforce. Just curious...do you have boxers? Are their tails docked?yes their tails are docked but not by myself the vet.ronnie and reggie are there names big muscular boys

buttercup132
12-28-2005, 09:15 PM
i think cropping is fine but not docking

animal_rescue
12-28-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm fine with both cropping and docking.