PDA

View Full Version : Do It yourself Cemetery ?

lizbud
12-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Does this sound like a good idea ? Seems sorta strange. :eek:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/5688993/detail.html

Miss Z
12-28-2005, 05:24 PM
That's really weird, i can't really tell whether it's a good idea or not, families can hold a personal service, but without help from grave-diggers and things like that, would it end up chaotic with people bickering over grave sites??? It's a confusing one

moosmom
12-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey, why not??? Afterall, they have drive-thru mastectomies, vasectomies, tonsilectomies, right? Why not drive-thru funeral service?? As my Mom said so well, "My spot is right near the road. You can stop and have a chat, or you can just drive by and throw the flowers out the window." If it puts a couple more bucks in your pocket, I'm all for it!!

zippy-kat
12-28-2005, 05:56 PM
What happens if/when the area surrounding this place becomes commercial or residential? Would the uh.. "naturalist" have to be disturbed/moved due to health codes (pipes, lines, whatever)?

Are tombstones/markers allowed? How would you know you were choosing a vacant spot?

It's kinda creepy to me...

RICHARD
12-28-2005, 06:12 PM
look at the gentleman to the right of the story

It's Tony friggin' Soprano....

How many people do you think he has "buried naturally" ;)

"Hi, My name is Tony Soprano, I'm not being paid for this endorsement, So I can tell you that burying dead bodies naturally, is a good thing!"

slick
12-28-2005, 06:17 PM
I'd be too lazy to do the digging.......

...and what happens if multiple families want the same spot??

Duel at 40 paces....Ah oh, better dig another hole.

Allecto
12-28-2005, 11:24 PM
It does specify that it is for CREMATED remains, which I think simplifies things considerably.

zippy-kat
12-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...
I totally misread that! Opps!

lv4dogs
12-29-2005, 12:13 PM
I personally think its a good idea. I personally don't want to be cramed in a creepy cemetary, thats the only reason I want to be cremated. I would love to put to rest in a garden park and nature reserve.

Allecto
12-29-2005, 03:52 PM
It may cut down on the illegal scattering of ashes, maybe.

lizbud
12-29-2005, 04:12 PM
It does specify that it is for CREMATED remains, which I think simplifies things considerably.

That's funny, I didn't interpret the wording that way. :confused:
Why would you have to dig a grave for someones ashes? I thought
the cemetery was for bodies or ashes. :D