PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a "perfect customer" when it comes to nail trimming?

tricollie4me
12-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Bonnie and Charity are barely compliant when I need to trim their nails. They squirm and fuss and it typically takes me a few attempts to get all their paws done. I'm so relieved when they're finished! However, Levi is a snuggle bug when it comes to trimming nails, and it just cracks me up -- he nestles in my lap like it's "spa day" or something, and he'll purr and lick my hands as I'm doing each little claw. It takes me less than five minutes to do all 20, and I'm always able to trim them to just the perfect length -- I'm so, so grateful he's this easy! He actually makes it fun :)

Corinna
12-28-2005, 04:24 PM
My RB Merlin would just sit with his paw up and let me trim away. He like to be brushed too, Hated baths though.

catnapper
12-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Harry is my sweetie when it comes to trimming nails. He just sits there and takes it. Allen is also incredibly polite about nail trims. Abby, Flutter, and Pouncer all scream murder and fight to the last nail. :rolleyes:

Gin
12-28-2005, 04:39 PM
My three all protest loudly. Sometimes it helps to start trimming their nails when they're asleep. You can often get as many as four claws trimmed by the time they wake up enough to see what you're doing.

Felix
12-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I dont trim Felix's nails myself.I take him to the local vet.He made such a fuss one time it took 3 of us and a muzzle to finish the job.There is one particular doctor that whips right through it and Felix perfers him to anyone,so we requeat him for all future visits.Felix has gotton much better we were in and out in no time this month.

Edwina's Secretary
12-28-2005, 05:18 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p07c10b9562ef3fde5dcc0da7ec825902/f32a3391.jpg

Miss Z
12-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Oh gawd, we have to trim Tia's nails, and she is a RAT! You have never seen something wriggle and fidget so much!:rolleyes: :)

catmandu
12-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Michael,Princess and The Moose are all Pretty Good.
The Meezers Rocca and John,are impossible as is Scrappy2.
The Rest are declawd,not by me,but by thier previous Guardians.

tricollie4me
12-28-2005, 05:33 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid178/p07c10b9562ef3fde5dcc0da7ec825902/f32a3391.jpg
Oh my gosh, that's the cutest thing I've seen in ages!!

rg_girlca
12-29-2005, 12:34 AM
LOL!!!! Eddie, that picture of you is a hoot.

My RB Katie girl was the only perfect one for trimming the nails. She would just lay back in my arms and let me snip away. The boys though are another story. It takes two of us to get a hold of them.

orangemm
12-29-2005, 05:27 AM
We do it in tandem, also. Jeff trims, and I hold. Archy doesn't mind, he'll lick our hands, but Binky squirms like mad. Doesn't like his manicure & pedicure.

But we reward them with 'nip when it's all done, and all is forgiven. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Maya is the easy one here!
But Inka & Zazou; :eek: :mad: :eek:

rkidsrcats
12-29-2005, 09:37 AM
In order of cooperative attitudes about nail clipping:

1. Pippin & Sam (By far, the easiest of all the critters)
2. Scooter ( started when we got him - he thinks its a cute game... :) )
3. Tiger (front claws OK...back claws requires two cowboys to wrangle this squirmmy wormmy cat--- we have to do the back ones, cuz Tiger likes shoulder rides. I have too many sweatshirts with little puncture holes in them. ) :rolleyes:
4. Percy ( OK...you can cut them, but you are gonna hear about it!) :o
5. William (Normally nice cat turns demonic if you try to do the back ones) :eek:

Norbert is not rated at this time - we are working on getting him to trust us enough to clip just one nail at a time. So far, no luck!

Cataholic
12-29-2005, 11:02 AM
My three all protest loudly. Sometimes it helps to start trimming their nails when they're asleep. You can often get as many as four claws trimmed by the time they wake up enough to see what you're doing.

I couldn't have said it better myself! And, it works well for skinkids, too! :D

kimlovescats
12-29-2005, 11:31 AM

LOL!!!!! :D I'd have to say that my best customer is Dexter ... the big guy lets you hold him any which way and is good when getting his pedicure too! ;)

Chilli
12-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Both of my cats are good when it comes to getting their nails clipped. Sometimes Mel starts growling a bit, but thats the most she does. Khaith, on the other hand, is an absolute doll when it comes to nail clipping time. He'll just lay on his back and purr when you clip them.

AlleyCat
12-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Abby screams bloody murder when it's her turn. Cleo .. forget it! It takes 2 of us to do Cleo. Why can't they understand it's for their own good ?? :)

JenBKR
12-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Katie bites and scratches, not very easy. Sometimes my husband has to hold her so I can clip them. Belle, on the other hand, might meow in protest or do a little wiggle dance, but for the most part she's pretty easy. Now catching her to clip them, that's another story... :D