PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #139 The Year is almost...

RICHARD
12-28-2005, 02:40 PM
DONE!

Since it is the End of The Year....the DOTD is champagne and what ever else you want.

-----------------------------------------

I promised everyone the Story of Done!

I worked in a records rooms and when you had a project assigned you ran around, picked up all the records and stacked them up..

I'd leave little 'love notes' on top-to let people know what was in the stack..
That quickly changed...people don't read notes..so the notes were shortened to "this project is finished" or "this project is done"....

People still couldn't read.........So it went to a half sheet of paper and written in GIANT BLACK MAGIC MARKER letters was the word DONE! on it.

And that's how people knew I was finished with their request.

Told you the story was boring!! :p

Let the Last Thursday of 2005 begin!

slick
12-28-2005, 03:01 PM
When I receive requests from work to fix email or another problem, I always respond back DONE! I never used to....guess Thursday's is embedded in my brain.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas....mine was just OK. When I told an acquaintance about Speckles, she responded..."Well, she was old. BTW, can you come and look at my computer?" :mad: :( Not even "I'm sorry" or anything remotely similar. Some people just don't get it. I suppose I should lower my expectations of other people around here (locally, that is..)

I really like working through Christmas and New Year's. Everyone is on vacation and it's casual day every day. This weeks prayers going out to our dear friend MOFF. May 2006 bring you a new house. Also prayers for Terry and Debbie...may you have a safe trip home. Please check in from wherever you are. Saw your post about Norman Vaughan, Richard. What an amazing guy. RIP Norm. Thanks God for bringing Gini back home safe. Prayers for little Sammy....may you be home for NY. Did I leave anyone out?

Now on with the drink. I'll have my usual please....a double BM with a shot of horseradish, a slice of lemon and a skewer with two prawns and a cherry tomato. Not picky am I?? ;) What is everyone doing for New Year's?? I'm going the same thing as last year....staying home. Richard, I bought some slushie mix and a bottle of Jose for NY eve. I'll toast you at midnight. Dark or light?? Get it??? Toast??? :D :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
12-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Slick, first of all my condolences for the loss of your dear Speckles. Second I'll probably spend NY staying home watching the ball drop in Times Square just like every year. A little early for the bubbly so I'll put a pot of coffee on and get a small fire going in the fireplace.

Corinna
12-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Slick I know I have said it before but hugs to you about Speckles.
Richard how about a DLC cleaning house got a buisness assocate coming in from Seattle tomorrow or Friday.
New years eve well as usual beef stick ,chesee,crackers ,non alcy cider ,got sparklers left from the 4th. and good old Dick Clark.

RICHARD
12-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Now on with the drink. I'll have my usual please....a double BM with a shot of horseradish, a slice of lemon and a skewer with two prawns and a cherry tomato. Not picky am I?? ;) What is everyone doing for New Year's?? I'm going the same thing as last year....staying home. Richard, I bought some slushie mix and a bottle of Jose for NY eve. I'll toast you at midnight. Dark or light?? Get it??? Toast??? :D :rolleyes:

I can make it to work in 15 minutes.....I love the week between Christmas and N.Y.!!

I have been "burnt" before! :p

One double BM, Horseradish, lemon, cherry tomato and two prawns. Done!

David,

You could go outside and toot the horn on your car!!!

Hey Orc....Grab some wood for David? OK?

DONE!

Corinna,

A DLC? and some hickory farms smoked cheese?

DONE!

davidpizzica
12-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey, RICHARD! I forgot I can do that! I can stay inside and press the button on my remote!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-28-2005, 03:54 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I'd like a gingerale with a cherry in it in honor of Mario who is helping me sort through all the stuff I stored in this house.

4 cnts too, please. The kids are a big help dusting and pulling things out of boxes whether I want them out or not.

Did have some good news today. The codes officer is going to work with me as long as I keep in touch with him. I have to report back in in 30 days. My brother is working through a local realtor to get me a house.

Of course, when the landlady gets hit with the "several violations" the codes officer said he was filing against the place, she may try to toss me out sooner. Lots of luck she'll have!

I was so relieved today that I took the afternoon off and took a long long much needed nap! I look forward to soon being able to keep something other than 7 up and soup down. :)

Slick and all, please keep those prayers flying. I know they are helping! :)

Randi
12-28-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm sending positive thoughts and hugs to everyone who needs them. :)

We've been warned that a snowstorm is on the way and not to drive unless absolut neccesary - it has actually started snowing and looks pretty. One good thing is that people hopefully won't be out on the streets for long on New Years Eve with fireworks and crysantemum bombs!! Fister gets so scared, and poor Pjevs in the yard. :(

Well, I don't feel like celebrating anything, I'll stay home with Fister and look after Pjevs too, but I'll still drink a glass of Champagne with you all. :) ;)

Happy New Year, everyone!

RICHARD
12-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Well, I don't feel like celebrating anything, I'll stay home with Fister and look after Pjevs too, but I'll still drink a glass of Champagne with you all. :) ;)

Well, we can always celebrate our pets!!

I am sure that Fister and Pjevs will keep you company!

One glass of champagne?

DONE!

MOFF,
Ginger ale w/ a Mario..Ah, I mean a cherry........

Things will work out.....they always do!

DONE!

David....

lololol, I never thought of the electronic collar for the Orc...good thinking!!

DONE!

davidpizzica
12-28-2005, 04:31 PM
RICHARD, every once in awhile a good thought filters throutgh this brain of mine! Good luck getting it around his neck!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey, Mario, was Santa good to you this year?

You got WHAT? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Life on planet earth may never be the same!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

slick
12-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Big {{{hugs}}} to you Randi....your first Christmas without John. We are here for you my friend. I'll try to log on to ICQ tomorrow and we can chat, OK?

MOFF, prayers continue for you.

A big Happy Birthday to Willie. Mario, can you refrain from throwing cherries for just one day???

Where's Laurie?? How are those tree decorations holding up?? ;)

Another double BM please bartender....oops I mean....F.A.????? :D

RICHARD
12-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Another double BM please bartender....oops I mean....F.A.????? :D

Peh! :p ;)

A double on the way....DONE!

David,

When Lady's Human gets here he'll hold the baseball bat and you can hand me the collar shen I get him pinned. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the fire....

Are we gonna have a film festival this weekend???

I want to see Citizen Kane.....I liked that flick!!

Corinna
12-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Can we get a copt of Show boat. I love those old musicals.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey everybody! :)

Just checking in. I'll have a slushie - thanks. We went to dinner tonight and I ordered a margarita. It tasted like it was about 99% mix with a drop of tequila. The waitress came by and asked if I wanted another. I asked how much they were - about $6.50. I said that was too much to pay for a glass of mix. If they could add some tequila I'd have another. I, of course, said this nicely and not in so many words. Well.....the next one I got was strong enough to put hair on my chest! :eek: Good stuff. ;) :D

Slick, I know what you mean about the locals. Right after Tubby died, one of my best friends from high school that I still see about twice a year called. She asked how I was doing and I said "Not too good." She asked why and when I said that Tubby died, she said "Oh, and the reason I'm calling is......" and she went on and on about the vacation her and her hubby were taking and wanted to know if we wanted to join them. She knew Tubby from the time I got him and she knew how much he meant to me, and all she said was "oh." :rolleyes: :( That's why PT is such a wonderful place. :)

Ok, after all that, I think I need another slushie. Then I have to go spoil Peanut. Terry asked if he could give her something....don't remember if it was a treat or some fish from our dinner or what....I told him that in my opinion, she can have anything she wants! :) So....since our fish was soooo good, and we both finished it off and forgot to save some for her...how about a slushie for me and a small bit of fish for my sweetie? Thanks. :)

captain
12-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Slick and TPM - at least here, you KNOW we care about you ....... :D
Friends .... PAH!!!!! They have let me down this year I tell you!!!

ANYWAY,
The Bouncer wants her own bottle of bubbles please ........... she and her hard working hubby are going out for a quiet dinner on NYE, and then going home to be with the spotties, in our NEW HOUSE!!!!!

More on that later, but to all ....... Happy New Year ...... safe and sound.

Love (said in a TOUGH voice)
Bouncer ...... :D

lbaker
12-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Good morning everyone, sorry I'm late! I'll make it up by putting out an early breakfast buffet. To go along with the champagne and New Year festivities we are going to have some of the best snackaroos from the last year. Everyone pick ONE favorite from the last year of Thursdays. I'll start with CHESAPEAKE BAY CRAB CAKES and the first bite goes to Peanut ;) Coffee's on and we alllll know where Slicks Baileys is by now. Thanks for the extra wood Orc and David, there are still some nice coals left so this shouldn't take long. Oh, and Slick? Some special tree ornaments are gone but honey, there's more where they came from ;) :D :o Welcome home Gini! Did you bring pictures of your little sweeties with you from Christmas Day?? Hey Trev! You awake? I could use some of your kitchen skills here... Master of the Kitchen that you are :)

Lady's Human
12-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Okay, one baseball bat pacifier for the orc on the way. I brought a case of bailey's with me for the bar, and a bottle of homemade Irish Cream to go around for now.

Lady, help me with the orc, keep him going until we can get that collar on him.

smokey the elder
12-29-2005, 08:17 AM
I'll have a strong coffee, hold the Bailey's for now. I have to figure out why I can't get my test results to come out. (I can't fake them like that guy in Korea. :p )

slick
12-29-2005, 09:43 AM
Good morning. Feeling a bit blue today....kept dreaming about Speckles last night. Have been fighting a bit of a cold and sore throat these past few days....not looking after myself very well. I'll take a hot buttered rum please. Think I'll just settle down on the couch for a bit.

Randi
12-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Good afternoon, Slick. Now you can't go into the new year with a cold, so make that a triple hot buttered rum! ;) I'll join you!

It's been snowing nonstop here since yesterday evening. I went shopping though, and then went to dig Pjevs out of his house. :)

I live on a corner, so I have a good view of what's going on in the street - two cars were stuck in the snow a little while ago, about ten people managed to get them free. There's been no one to clear the streets, so there'll be more.

gini
12-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone - I think I am back among the living again. This time change and the late arriving flight and luggage really hit me. My brother is on Brazilian time and I was on Boston time - we both fell asleep for a "nap" and next thing I knew it was past dinnertime. We both laughed and decided to call it a day..........DONE!

MOFF I have been following your problems with your landlady - and you can bet that I will be praying that this trouble turns out to be a good thing. After having gone through the flooding and cleanup and people - I sit here with a new furnace that heats the whole house? I had no idea they were supposed to do that - I thought they just selected certain rooms and then left others freezing.

So I am hoping you will have a new safe home in 2006 and you and your kitties will be happy and snuggled in and comfortable. It is just "getting there" that is the hard part. I wish we could all come over and help you pack up.

I am not sure who Orc is - oh, go ahead, bash me........I haven't gone back and read everything.

TPM - I hope you guys are having a good vacation and the kitties are happy.

Compassion - Slick and Deb - isn't that a funny word? Some people have it - and I think a lot of people were born under rocks. I just read the biography of J.K. Rowlings and she described her Mother's passing as having a huge slab on her chest - it was heavy and it hurt. It hit me that this is the best description for how we feel when we have lost a beloved pet. It is a heavy hurtful pain that so many people cannot even think about - therefore they cannot relate or don't want to relate to you when you are going through it.

I have always been somewhat suspicious of those people.

Crab cakes - oooohhhh Laurie - now talk about those words - makes my mouth water!!

Coffee?? Oh, thanks - well, o.k. a little bit of Bailey's in it sounds great!

New Year's Eve has not been my favorite holiday - too many lamps without lampshades, so I will usher the New Year in quietly - with a great hope that each of us will be here next year - laughing - teasing - drinking our cyber drinks - and enjoying life!

I love each and every one of you!!

Corinna
12-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Slick It must be going around but for some reason (duh) I have been crying daily for Merlin. (since the 1st of Dec. ) I guess its becouse this is the time I was always home and had him to snuggle with.
Barkeep I think I need what she's drinking too please. Lets all sit but the fire and I have a huge box of kleenex. Sharing stories always helps me .

lbaker
12-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Good morning Gini my dear! So nice to see you home and healthy. Slick & Corinna - I can tuck a few tootsies under the lap warmer on the sofa over there (no Mario, you are not the lap warmer I meant :rolleyes: ) I meant a nice warm blankie from Scotland. I also happen to have a very nice Christmas throw pillow to lean against ;) Then I will get back into the kitchen where I belong. Smokey, when your test results work out I just happen to know some "important" contacts at the journal Science :p Publish or Perish and all that ;) That Korean guy was just too impatient!

gini
12-29-2005, 11:22 AM
Someone just sent me this - it should be the motto for Thursdays!

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the holiday spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like fine single-malt scotch, it's rare. In fact, it's even rarer than single-malt scotch. You can't find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-aholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's the holidays!!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's.
You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or, if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

10 One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Reread tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.

lbaker
12-29-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm curious. Does Mario even like fruit cake :confused: :D

RICHARD
12-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Corrina,

Showboat? LOL, no Marion you are not a showboat ;)
DONE!

T&P,

A woman was arrested in Florida after starting a fight over a margarita she had ordered in a restaurant. The woman, who's name was not released, was heard to say, "You call THIS a Margarita? I could go to Cal lee fuh nee ah and get a slushie that would knock your socks off!!-and they were FREE!!!" :eek: :D

One slushie and some fish....DONE!

Captain,

Congrats on the new house! Bubbly all around!!!

LOL, Quiet NYE? I kinda DOUBT it! ;)

Laurie,

Thanks for the crab cake!

LH,

What is it about the Irish and their homemade drinks? ;)

Thanks for the help with the collar....OK, Lady, here's a treat.....

Some coffee for your Irish Cream?

DONE!

Smokey,

When in doubt? Cut and Paste! ;)

Slick,

Take a deep breathe and have a HBR....Go sit on the couch.....here, you can play with the "orc control"....get that fire going!!!!

DONE!

Randi,
If you see a car you like just push it into your driveway. :D Finders Keepers!

Poor Pjevs! give him a scritchie from the gang!

One THBR? DONE!!!

Stay warm!

Corrina,

The holidays are pretty bleak sometimes....

Sit by the fire and here's a kleenex and a hot buttered rum!

Done!

Welcome back, Ginster.

We can always count on you to make us laugh!

The Orc is someone we picked up to do the 'dirty work' around here...

I'll explain later, I have to get some work done here!

Dumb....I mean DONE!

Is Possum still in the hot tub?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-29-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm curious. Does Mario even like fruit cake :confused: :D
Do they have cherries in them? ;)

GUESS WHAT I DID THIS MORNING?
I LOOKED AT HOUSES!

My brother called last night and gave me 4 to drive by and see what I thought. One of them is great and another isn't bad. Either of those two I would like. I'll be calling him soon and hopefully, he'll get the reatator to get one or both inspected.

No word from my landlady. Why do I feel like she is visiting a lawyer? :(

Could I have a big cherry 7 up and 4 cnt's for the gang. I got two more kitty taxi's this morning so I can pack them up and move asap! :D
Keep those wonderful prayers coming, please? :D

smokey the elder
12-29-2005, 01:44 PM
I don't know what's wrong with the Internet connection at work today. There's only 11 people here; there should be enough bandwidth for all!

Anyway, the computer spit out the results I wanted and now I'll have that coffee with Bailey's, please. It looks like winter lasted 2 weeks and we're back in March with pouring rain!

Corinna
12-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey Moff are you looking to rent or buy this time? I think we need a big order of Onion rings here. Your going to burn them off cleaning ,beleive me I know.
Got a card from our favorite bar tender to day thanks .

trayi52
12-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi everybody! Slick, hope you are feeling better. I know you are still missing Speckles. Hope everybody else is feeling good today.

Corinna, I haven't showed pictures of my house yet, but I will tell you about it. My husband bought half of a doublewide trailer that was wrecked, the half that had all the bathrooms, kitchen, also all the appliances in it. He paid $8,000 for it and built on the living room and two bedrooms to it,and a dining room. The trailer half also had a bedroom to it. So anyway, we ended up with a three bedroom house, with a huge kitchen, which is very beautiful. I love this house! I will make some pictures of it and post them in a thread when the weather clears up.

Now, Richard, I would love that drink! Surprise me with something that tastes good, but has a lot of kick to it, to celebrate my birthday!

Willie :)

Corinna
12-29-2005, 02:43 PM
My aunt did something like that after here hubby died she still had 2 kids sold there house . Kept a lot , put 2 single wides to geather ,built out a living room . When the kids moved out she gave one trailer to daughter (moved it to a park. ) Then she stayed in the trailer with the addon.

slick
12-29-2005, 03:25 PM
I think we need a big order of Onion rings here.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid131/p13cbcacc02585a5adb6bf5fa551206ba/f7a439ed.jpg

;)

slick
12-29-2005, 03:43 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid131/p430bcabedf6e91e588c4f5d46a9a2edf/f7a439bc.jpg

Here's to you MOFF!!!

gini
12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid131/p13cbcacc02585a5adb6bf5fa551206ba/f7a439ed.jpg

;)

So that is why "Scotty" had crumbs all over the back seat!!!! Recognize Richard's hands anyone???

Killearn Kitties
12-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Hello everyone! Can I muscle in to the fire here with you all. Oooo a glass of champagne! Why thank you, and some crab cakes! *sigh* What a wonderful place this is to be! :D

davidpizzica
12-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Oh boy, what a combination, crab cakes, champagne, and a fire! Do you girls mind if an old guy from Pittsburgh sits down to get warm? It's gonna be a COLD night!

Corinna
12-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Slick, I thought you'd post the pic of the rings in seattle when we met with the girls.
That was a fun day.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-29-2005, 04:29 PM
HIDE ME QUICK! MY LANDLADY IS AFTER ME! :eek:

I went and drove by the houses this morning. One I really liked and one other would be ok. I've been waiting all afternoon for the realtor to call. Seems there is a family in the one I like so she can't show it until tomorrow afternoon, if she gets back in town from her doctor's appointment.

Anyway, my landlady called while I was waiting on the realtor.
Chicken me, I didn't answer the phone. I'm sure she got the violations from the city and wants to scream at me. I'm sure at least one of them involves trees she thinks I should have kept cut down. I probably should have but couldn't. I'm so sick of this mess!!!

Those onion rings look yummy. All I've eaten today are a handful of Pringle's.

I've been up since 3 am and am so golldarn tired I can't deal with all this histeria right now.

Oh, David, my brother is buying me a house. Isn't that sweet? :)

davidpizzica
12-29-2005, 05:31 PM

I went and drove by the houses this morning. One I really liked and one other would be ok. I've been waiting all afternoon for the realtor to call. Seems there is a family in the one I like so she can't show it until tomorrow afternoon, if she gets back in town from her doctor's appointment.

Anyway, my landlady called while I was waiting on the realtor.
Chicken me, I didn't answer the phone. I'm sure she got the violations from the city and wants to scream at me. I'm sure at least one of them involves trees she thinks I should have kept cut down. I probably should have but couldn't. I'm so sick of this mess!!!

Those onion rings look yummy. All I've eaten today are a handful of Pringle's.

I've been up since 3 am and am so golldarn tired I can't deal with all this histeria right now.

Oh, David, my brother is buying me a house. Isn't that sweet? :)
Aren't brothers great, Connie! They sure help out when you need them! All I got from mine was a car, but you're getting a house! I'm SO HAPPY for you! {{{{HUGS}}}} from Pittsburgh! Now you tell your landlady where to go.

RICHARD
12-29-2005, 05:33 PM

You don't have to be afraid of her.....She gets hers should you toss a bucket of water on her head. ;)

David,

Watch out for the remote control for the Orc....I sat on it by accident when I took a break--
Champagne, crabcakes? DONE!

KK,

Yep, aren't we decadent? :D Champagne and crabcakes!

Done!

Corrina,
you are welcome!

Smokey,

Congrats!

Cafe con Bailey's?

DONE!

And a HUGE Happy Birthday to Willie......

How's about a slushie???

DONE!

Hey Corrina!

Want something to sip on?

davidpizzica
12-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Richard, according to the manual for the collar, I believe it comes with a spare remote. Can anyone distract Orc while I find it??

RICHARD
12-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Richard, according to the manual for the collar, I believe it comes with a spare remote. Can anyone distract Orc while I find it??

Check the couch cushions first. ;)

Gini,

The Orc came from the Lord of the Rings movies..

There was an article about someone who kidnapped a penguin from a zoo in the UK???

That's where the whole Orc thing started...

Miss a Thursday? You miss ALOT!!! ;)

zippy-kat
12-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Helllooo "deer" ones!

Happy Thursday's to ya!

davidpizzica
12-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Nah, RICHARD I did check the cushions. All I found was a whole bunch of old cherry pits, some petrified onion rings, and someones car keys. One of these days this sofa is going to get cleaned!

RICHARD
12-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Nah, RICHARD I did check the cushions. All I found was a whole bunch of old cherry pits, some petrified onion rings, and someones car keys. One of these days this sofa is going to get cleaned!

LOL,

Let me chack around....

Done?

Hey Zip.

You may get your snow soon! :p

ONLY one week late!

Corinna
12-29-2005, 06:55 PM
I guess a DLC tonight . My meeting went well today I'm not as dumb onthe business software as I thought. I even taught her something.
Moff don't worry by the time the city gets though with your landlady ,you can be laughing your behind off in your new house. She'll be stuck eather to up grade the house lots of $$$$ or loose lots by having to demolish the house and starting over.

Lady's Human
12-29-2005, 07:40 PM
David, Lady and I can distract the orc while you look for the remote. Hurry up, though, the wood pile is getting low and we need to get him back to work.

Deep fried cod, french fries and coffee anyone?

davidpizzica
12-29-2005, 08:01 PM
Uh-oh, I think I found it! Mario! You can't turn on the tv set with that remote! Here's a jar of cherries for the remote. Thanks, Mario. Oh, rats! Anyone have any AA batteries?!

Karen
12-29-2005, 08:05 PM
All the food at Thursdays is hypoallergenic, right? Yes on the deep-fried cod, please!

Some inside info for the rest of y'all:

Dad, and others in the family (useta include me occasionally) go deep-sea fishing, and the fish gets filleted and onto ice before the boat docks at the end of the day. You cannot have better or fresher fish. It gets frozen that day and distributed amongst the children and friends and some neighbors, as Dad now only has himself (and a bird for the winter) to feed.

Sadly, all real-life fish now makes me very sick. I hates food allergies I does!

So if it must be cybercod, I'll take it!

Yup David, here's batteries for the orc-Collar!

Lady's Human
12-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Madame Mayor, not only is cyber food zero calorie and hypoallergenic, we have sooper dooper full system antihistamine pills stocked in the bar.

davidpizzica
12-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks, Karen. now Orc can get us more wood and we can get a nice fire going! Any crabcakes left?

Lady's Human
12-29-2005, 09:08 PM
The dead batteries WOULD explain why the orc was twitching like a dying cockroach earlier...... :D

Corinna
12-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Heu I'll take some of that deep fried cod, but instead of coffee I'll have a watermelon wine cooler. Oh Karen I know fresh sea fish is so good . Growing up half my family were commercial fishermen. I get down to the boats as they came in I ate so much cod and salmon (hate buying the yucky stuff in the stores )

moosmom
12-30-2005, 01:50 AM
Here's to last "Thursday" of the year! Make mine a nice TALL glass of champagne. Happy New Year everybody!!

Deb,

Does your clueless friend have pets? I bet not. Ya know, people without pets just don't get it. That's why I also love it here. You can talk about your pets as if they're your kids. Hell, they ARE our kids! What's not to understand???

Hey RICHARD,

Give me an order of fish and chips to go, will ya? Gotta run!

davidpizzica
12-30-2005, 02:07 AM
Donna, let me grab some too, and we'll run together!

Oggyflute
12-30-2005, 02:24 AM
G'day All, :)
This business I'm in is making me way too busy. I feel like a vistor everytime I come to the bar. Not good. I miss the faint waft of cherries in the air, and er whatever is twiching over in the corner..........an Orc!?
Hoping everyone had a pleasant Christmas. (My heart goes out to you for your loss Slick.)
New Years tomorrow, and will have to partake in a slightly chilled bottle of sparkiling shiraz (bit like champagne, but tends to have it's own party on your palate). For now though I would be quite happy in knocking back a few Corona's. :D Oh and maybe some of laurie's fishcakes. :D

Killearn Kitties
12-30-2005, 06:04 AM
Well hello there Ogg! No you have not been in here nearly enough. At the very least I expected you in here to gloat when Australia qualified for the World Cup!

Is Possum still in the hot tub? Do dogs get wrinkly if they stay in the water too long?

lbaker
12-30-2005, 07:19 AM
Oh this has become just too silly to respond right now. I'm giggling like a gurl! And I HATE giggling gurls but here I am. Thank doG I'm the only one at work right now :D You guys are toooo much and I love you all dearly, um... deerly ;) Oh, by the way .. I may FINALLY get some packages and stuff and nonsense sent out this weekend :o Oh boy, someone (maybe me?) just started playing some reallllly good tunes on the jukebox. I am a happy camper today :D HI TREV! Bring anything special to serve? Other than champagne and crab cakes? Not that there's anything wrong with that.. I don't even want to think about wrinkly dogs though.. poor little Possum... come here darling... ;)

davidpizzica
12-30-2005, 07:28 AM
Laurie, Orc's in good shape now that we changed his batteries! It looks like now I'm sort of his caretaker. He's out getting wood for the fire. I'll get the fire going and put some coffee on. There ought to be some Bailey's around, too!

smokey the elder
12-30-2005, 07:49 AM
I have today off, a shaggy cat in my lap, Rush on Rhapsody, and am on Pet Talk. It doesn't get much better than this. :D

MOFF, I'm glad your brother is going to help you out!

Have you all ever had French toast made with Bailey's? You mix the Bailey's with the eggs. I'll whip some up if anyone's interested.

lbaker
12-30-2005, 07:53 AM
WHOA! French Toast Baileys :eek: Kowabunga Tonto, count me in :D Shall I grill up some sausages or crispy bacon with that?

moosmom
12-30-2005, 07:57 AM
Good morning everyone!

French toast with Bailey's?? :eek: :eek: Count me in!! I'm hungry! How about a tall coffee with Bailey's?? I see theme here.

What's everyone doing for New Year's Eve??

lbaker
12-30-2005, 09:08 AM
My plans for New Years Eve rarely change, see if I stay awake to see The Ball go down in Times Square :rolleyes: I will probably have mimosa's on New Years day, with some buffet dishes including, of course, black eyed peas for good luck. One thing I'm planning for the table this year (shall I use you guys as guinea pigs?) is... ta dahhh

6 tablespoons unsalted European-style butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 French-bread baguette
Dijon mustard
1 cup watercress, thick stems trimmed
6 ounces smoked salmon
Coarsely ground black pepper

Cut baguette horizontally in half. Spread Dijon mustard on cut sides of bread. Spread dill butter over. Top with watercress, then smoked salmon. Sprinkle with pepper. Cut each sandwich crosswise into 6 equal pieces, making 12 total.

I never plan on having people over but there are a few that just know to drop by. I like that :)

RedHedd
12-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Oh my breakfast looks YUMMY! I'll have some of that special French Toast with a side of sausage and coffee - straight up! Laurie, that Salmon looks WONDEFUL!

Possum? What happened? You look like a Sharpei! :eek:

gini
12-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Goood Moooorrrrnnning Thursdays! Said in my best Robin Williams voice!

I was up late last night so I am not too chipper quite yet - but it promises to be a very good day!

Just a little bit of work to do and then I can goof off the rest of the day.

Bailey's French Toast - wholly molely - does that sound good!

Corinna
12-30-2005, 10:40 AM
We should send a big stack of that fench toast to our dear Slick . It sure couldn't hurt. Any one heard any more from her and how she's doing? I hope Max is up to his nursing duties.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Fingers and paws crossed please:
I may get to go look at the inside of one of the houses I'm eyeing this afternoon. The realator has an out of town doctor's appointment and if she can get back in time, I'll get to see one. If not, it will be Tuesday because of the holiday! At least things are goining forward. :D

I'm still hiding from my landlady. She can just write me. I don't need no screaming phone calls!

Can I have a gallon of cherry 7 up and 4 cnt's ? :D

Karen
12-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Fingers crossed for you - but don't drink that whole gallon of cherry 7-up at once! No, Mario, you CANNOT go see the new house with her.

RICHARD
12-30-2005, 02:41 PM
One gallon of Cherry 7-up and 4 CNTs.....

Done!

Karen, Thanks for being the voice of reason! :D

Corrina,
Yes, French Toast....I'll get on it right away!

Gini,

Late nights and later days......

LOLOLOLOL, Some whipped bailey's on toast!!
DONE!

Redd.

Let me get you a plate..

DONE!

Laurie,

WOW, that sounds great!!

MM,
Cafe with bailey's?

DONE!

David,

the official Orc wrangler? :D

KK,
Can you keep the World Cup teasing in check until the games start? ;)

Hey Oggy,
Sorry about Possum, He'll straighten up when he dries off... :o
Fish cakes and coronas?

DONE!

Smokey,

Why does Bailey's and french toast sound like a college thing? ;)

Like making chocolate milkshakes for breakfast with bailey's and frangelico? :D

LH,

Your 'twitching Cockroach" line made me laugh out loud, the people in the morgue downstairs were complaining!

Randi
12-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Are Coronas the same as Sol? If so, I'll have one, please! :) Next time I'm in USA - if ever, I'll have some onion rings to go with it. :D

It stopped snowing here, so now Pjevs can go in and out of his house. :)

RICHARD
12-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Are Coronas the same as Sol? If so, I'll have one, please! :) Next time I'm in USA - if ever, I'll have some onion rings to go with it. :D

It stopped snowing here, so now Pjevs can go in and out of his house. :)

Yes,
almost the same....

One Corona and onion rings.

DONE!

Plus a recipe for onion rings!

One cup of flour
one cup of beer (the brand of your choice since there will be some left to cool the cook during the cooking!)
3-4 cups of shortening for frying purposes
Two - three tablespoons of sugar
two teaspoons of salt or seasoning salt to taste.

Some folks add one-fourth teaspoon of paprika to the batter to insure a golden color.
Combine flour and beer in a large bowl, blending thoroughly. Cover and allow batter to sit at room temperature at least 3 hours (optional). Afterwards gently stir in the sugar and salt.
Cut onions into one-fourth inch or larger (depending upon preference) slices. Separate slices into rings. Heat shortening to 375 degrees F. (You can determine this temperature by dropping a sample ring into the hot grease -- it should begin to immediately sizzle and quickly rise to the top.) Dry onion rings thoroughly and roll in flour before dipping into batter. Fry until delicate golden brown. For crispier onion rings add more beer to the batter; for a thicker crust add more flour to the batter.

:D

davidpizzica
12-30-2005, 04:10 PM
One gallon of Cherry 7-up and 4 CNTs.....

Done!

Karen, Thanks for being the voice of reason! :D

Corrina,
Yes, French Toast....I'll get on it right away!

Gini,

Late nights and later days......

LOLOLOLOL, Some whipped bailey's on toast!!
DONE!

Redd.

Let me get you a plate..

DONE!

Laurie,

WOW, that sounds great!!

MM,
Cafe with bailey's?

DONE!

David,

the official Orc wrangler? :D

KK,
Can you keep the World Cup teasing in check until the games start? ;)

Hey Oggy,
Sorry about Possum, He'll straighten up when he dries off... :o
Fish cakes and coronas?

DONE!

Smokey,

Why does Bailey's and french toast sound like a college thing? ;)

Like making chocolate milkshakes for breakfast with bailey's and frangelico? :D

LH,

Your 'twitching Cockroach" line made me laugh out loud, the people in the morgue downstairs were complaining!
RICHARD, he seems to listen to me a very little more!

RICHARD
12-30-2005, 04:15 PM
RICHARD, he seems to listen to me a very little more!

Do you remember the line...

"The hand that rocks the cradle"?

Well, Here at Thursdays,

The hand that holds the remote,
Is the hand that controls the Orc".

LOLOLOLOL, Could we hook him up to a "clapper"?? :eek: :rolleyes: :D

davidpizzica
12-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Good idea, RICHARD! "Clap Orc on, clap Orc off, clap Orc on, with the Clapper"!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-30-2005, 05:47 PM
:D DRINKS ARE ON ME!!!! :D

You'll need to go to my asking for prayer thread to find out why.
Be prepared for goosebumps!!! :D :D :D

Oggyflute
12-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Such great news Connie, we all must drink to that!! :D
I think a Dom Peringnon 82. :D
Now Baileys french toast?! Is that shaken not stirred? :D
Such a hot day today. Will reach about 42degC :eek: So need plenty of beers in the fridge. Er David does the Orc fetch beers as well as wood, I'm feeling kind of relaxed now you see. :D
Todays recipie: Chill 1/2 seedless watermelon, 1 mango and two kiwi fruit. Dice fruit and place in watermellon skin,sprinkle with fresh chopped mint leaves ,serve with french vanilla ice cream.
Trust me, it hits the spot when it's hot. :p

Oh and in this weather, Possum doesn't take too long to dry off. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/oggyflute/100_4105.jpg

catland
12-30-2005, 07:10 PM
momo - that's such great news!

as for New Year's Eve - we're just going two houses down to spend it with our neighbors and shoot off some fireworks.

Just an hour or so ago as I was in my car, the radio show was asking people what was the best thing about 2005. I thought to myself - that's easy - Gini's BBQ and meeting in person all of the wonderful PT people.

To those of you that I've met in person or just here at the site - have a safe and very happy new year.

slick
12-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Is the bar still open, bartender? Could use a double BM and thanks. I'll just be at home tomorrow night cuddling with Max. Couldn't think of any better way to see in the New Year.

For those of you going out......please don't drink and drive and be safe, OK? I'm saying a special prayer for all of you for a happy and healthy 2006.

Oggy: Just look at that precious Possum. How could I do anything but smile??? :) Kisses to you sweet Possum.

Lady's Human
12-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Oggy, Here, have the remote to the orc, I'm sure you can get him to get you a beer. It may take a few minutes, though.

davidpizzica
12-31-2005, 01:07 AM
Oggy, Here, have the remote to the orc, I'm sure you can get him to get you a beer. It may take a few minutes, though.
Trev, Orc is a little on the un-coordinated side and will take a little while, but he'll get your beers and you won't have to tip him! I kind of envy your hot weather, Trev, in Pittsburgh it's supposed to go down into the twenties tonight some snow coming! I hope I don't need to shovel snow or clean snow off my new car!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Congratulations, MOFF!!! Wonderful news to start the new year - no more landlord!!!

Slick, your plans sound wonderful! Couldn't think of a better way to spend the night than to snuggle. :)

We'll be in Tupelo, MS tonight - birthplace of Elvis Presley. No Cracker Barrel, so we'll be spending the night in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Some might think that sounds awful, but I've got my whole family here with me, so we'll have a nice dinner then close the blinds and close out the rest of the world and settle in for a nice quiet evening together.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2005, 12:41 PM
Guess what I did today?
Nope, not house related.

I took the first pictures with my new digi cam my brother sent me for Christmas. Now if I could just figure out how to get the software stuffy on the computer then load the pictures then figure out how to get them on line and PT ...... :eek: :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Oggyflute
12-31-2005, 07:15 PM
Happy New Year everyone. :D
I'm in the suffering stage now though, and David this heat is oppressive, no-one would want it this hot. I could fry eggs on my BBQ without turning it on! :eek:
LH thanks for the remote, I'm trying to get him to grab a beer, but Oprah comes on the telly instead...........?!!?
(I need to find a sports channel and get a beer delivered at the same time.........., this could bve a challenge :D )

davidpizzica
12-31-2005, 07:48 PM
Happy New Year everyone. :D
I'm in the suffering stage now though, and David this heat is oppressive, no-one would want it this hot. I could fry eggs on my BBQ without turning it on! :eek:
LH thanks for the remote, I'm trying to get him to grab a beer, but Oprah comes on the telly instead...........?!!?
(I need to find a sports channel and get a beer delivered at the same time.........., this could bve a challenge :D )
Happy new year to you, Trev! I think Mario switched remotes while you weren't looking! I have a spare Orc remote so I'll tell him to get you a couple of cold beers. Just Curious, how hot is it there? In Fahrenheit.

Killearn Kitties
01-01-2006, 04:36 AM
David, 42C is just under 110F! Quite hot is it not???

Happy New Year everyone!

Oh sorry, didn't mean to shout. Hope those heads are all OK.

davidpizzica
01-01-2006, 05:04 AM
Karen, that's HOT no matter what scale you use! In Pittsburgh it's 34 degrees and I have my furnace running. I hope you're having a great new years and also hope you have a great 2006!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-01-2006, 05:30 PM
I just posted my very first picture with my new digi cam under cat general. It's called pooped out! :D

Keep the 7 up coming please? :D

Corinna
01-01-2006, 06:26 PM
I'll take a hot cocoa please just spent the day rereading the thread where phred go smokey I forgot how long that thread was. It was fun to read but again so many not here any more. It also has where Pam got Bella.

RICHARD
01-03-2006, 06:39 PM
:eek: :) Happy new year to you all.

I took some time away from the computer. Three days of not touching any keyboard....... ( type for a living, so I do need time away!!)

I just want you all to know that it is a pleasure to have kept Thursdays running for this long! I really enjoy the camraderie and every contribution on the thread. If someone told me that I'd be a part owner in a cyber bar, I would have shook my head...

Thursday's is all about you all!

Did that make sense? ;)

--------------------

Good idea, RICHARD! "Clap Orc on, clap Orc off, clap Orc on, with the Clapper"!

For some reason I can see that!

http://www.youcansave.com/clap.asp

Does anyone remember the good old days when a "clapper" was related to an STD???:rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :o

Slick,
Double BM, and a nice quiet evening?

DONE!

Corrina,

It is great to go back and reread some threads!!!

Hot cocoa?

DONE!
MOFF,
LOLOLOL, congrats....I just figured out that PT prayers can only be used for
good and not Lotto winnings....

Oggy,

What is going on?
110 degrees??? (you have to say it in farenheit...Us metrically challenged Ahmuricahns don't do "tenths" very well!

Stay cool and sorry about Possum... :o

Beers and the remote?
DONE!

LH,

LOLOLOL,

Thank god the baseball bat don'e need batteries!! :eek:

hey Catland,

Thanks for not bringing up the thing about your pants!

Yes, July in the Land of the Easily Amused is pretty amusing! doesn't time fly...and remember to read the directions back to the hotel upside down. ;)

T&P.
As long as you are in the front of the Wal-mart and not behind it...
(On the nights with really crappy weather my mom would look out the window and ask if I would like to be homeless....Even now she does it to me...we laugh because I tell her "&%#@+% no!!!"

KK,

Happy New Year back at ya!

Don't worry about yelling. Cyber hang overs aren't that bad!!! Really!
and thanks for doing the weather conversion for us...

I always have to watch myself...

"42 degrees and they are complaining?"