PDA

View Full Version : hardest thing ever

dab_20
12-28-2005, 02:07 PM
I let the dogs in today and they were FULL of mud. So I gave Molli a bath, which isn't too hard to do. But I have never given Sammy a bath before, (my mom did it when he was much smaller) but I really had to do it today. When I put him in the tub he flipped over and SOAKED me with water and he tried to jump out and knocked over everything on the edge of the tub and it was just horrible. well right now him and molli are running around like crazy, but I think he must be the hardest dog to bathe. Just imagine when he's full grown... I don't even want to think about it. :rolleyes: omg im pooped. lol

Pembroke_Corgi
12-28-2005, 02:16 PM
So Sammy didn't like his bath?? I'm trying to imagine your dogs running around- it's so cute when they do that! :) My dogs don't enjoy their baths either- maybe you could perch a bag of treats on the edge of the tub. My dogs always put on their best, most attentive behavior when they see treats!

dab_20
12-28-2005, 02:18 PM
lol he'd try and go over to it and knock the bag into the tub. lol maybe if I had someone to help me that would work.

Chilli
12-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Poor Sammy, why do they torture you like that! ;)
Ethan doesn't care much for bathes either. It used to take two of us to give him a bath because he'd struggle so much. Maybe someday Sammy'll see that if he cooperates, it'll get done faster.

dab_20
12-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Hope so! lol

dappledoxie
12-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Hopefully he'll get used to them in time, I'm getting Claire more and more used to having her nails trimmed, slow but steady she's getting better.

When I worked at an animal hospital, we took turns doing the grooming each day, oh man, let me tell you, there were some dogs who wanted to eat us, we had to muzzle them and then they didn't get a full bath because I didn't want to get near their head. I've seen some really bad dogs in the bath tub at that place.

Corinna
12-28-2005, 04:08 PM
My Merlin was like that thank God for the new dog wash places he wouldn't misbehave in public. Saved me soreness and him the stress.it was worth 12 bucks.

dab_20
12-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Yah, Sammy is getting his first hair cut soon.... his hair is pretty long right now.

Vette
12-28-2005, 05:48 PM
LOL i know the feeling. *huggies*
hey try giving a cat a bath next time. :eek: ;)
youll think differently about your difficult dog. :o

dab_20
12-31-2005, 11:11 AM
i would ever dare giving my cat oreo a bath!! scary thought.... lol.

cane_corso_mom
01-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Funny... Diesel loves water. And loves baths even more!

dab_20
01-11-2006, 09:02 PM
i wish molli and sammy did! mollis easy because of how small she is... and she is frozen in fear. lol