PDA

View Full Version : I am new

Cookey
12-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Hi My name is cookey, I have a problem with pet odor. I had a puppy in my house and it wasn't quite potty trained. I have adult dogs that seem to find the place that this puppy went and they seem to think that it is alright for them to go also. I have tried just about everything to get rid of the odor with no luck. Is there anything that anyone could think of to help me with this problem? I would surely appreciate it. Thank you

Miss Z
12-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi! My name is Zara and i live in England. Welcome to PT! I've never had dogs, but i've had a similar problem with cats. Firstly, try and block your dogs' access to this area. Then i'd use an odour neutraliser, which you can get from good pet stores, and really give it a good scrub to get rid of the odour and the scent. Hopefully this'll do the trick if you keep them away for a while. I'd also praise them when they go in the right place. Some people i know scold their dog, but that is stupid, because the poor dog probably doesn't know what it's done wrong, it's just done what is natural for dogs.

Good luck with this, would love to see some pictures of your dogs in the future;)

Karen
12-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Yup - most pet stores have something like "Nature's Miracle" - a product that uses enzyme that destroys the scent that makes dogs think "Ah Hah! A potty place!"

dab_20
12-28-2005, 03:56 PM
First of all, welcome to PT!! My name is Danielle and I've got 2 dogs. (In my siggy) and alot more animals.

That is a great suggestion, and it should do the trick. If that doesn't do it, I would think about shampooing your carpet. It's a little pricey, but it's worth it, especially if the smell is causing problems with potty training. I'd love to see pics of your dogs!! Good Luck :)