PDA

View Full Version : ringworms

Daisy Jo's Mom
12-28-2005, 09:54 AM
i didn't know dogs could give you ringworms.....but my friends baby has a ringworm and they said the only place he could have got it would be from daisy...but i don't know how in the world daisy could have got a ringworm she stays inside most of the time....but does anyone know what i should do to see if daisy has ringworms or how to get rid of it?

gemini9961
12-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Dogs most definitely can give people ringworms. You can also get ringworms from dirt. Take Daisy to the vet and get a check-up. The baby needs to see a doctor if he/she hasn't already been seen. Ringworm can also be spread person to person as well.

emilysgk
12-29-2005, 09:00 PM
We had ringworm go through out whole family, its very hard to get rid of too. Its not all that harmful thankfully, just itchy and ugly. Its a fungus. You can get it from anywhere, people, pets, outdoors, anywhere. If your dog had ringworm you would know it, it causes scaling and bald spots on animals. I had a litter of kittens that had it once. As for the dog, I would do a good check over her to see if she has any funny spots on her, or if she has been itching an unusual amount in any particular area. Its not that likely the baby got it from the dog, it could have been from anywhere.