PDA

View Full Version : Cartoons Are Not Always Funny

lizbud
12-27-2005, 11:45 AM
An interesting collection of dog cartoons......

http://www.animaladvocates.com/cartoons-chained-dogs.htm

JenBKR
12-27-2005, 12:02 PM
:( so sad, my heart goes out to all of those doggies out there who are chained up, neglected, and/or unloved.

CagneyDog
12-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Those are so sad :(

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-27-2005, 12:17 PM
:(

Those were so sad!! Mainly because that is so true and happens all the time!

lizbud
12-27-2005, 05:53 PM

Those were so sad!! Mainly because that is so true and happens all the time!

Much too often. :( I'll never know why people have animals if they don't
like to have them near them. It would be torture to me to have my dog kept
in the yard & on a chain. :(

http://www.animaladvocates.com/images/CARTOONS/Mutts-singingintherain.jpg

dab_20
12-27-2005, 06:29 PM
That is really sad. My old neighbor han an eskie that was chained up. And when someone would walk by it wanted attention so it would pull on the chain and choke itself. It's fur was so dirty and matted, it was awful. How people can do that is astonishing... so cruel.

Vette
12-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Awww..
yeah i seen one about the little girl that brings the dog a treat and touches his ear in someones signature. it brought tears to my eyes.

and how freaking true. :(

Karen
12-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Thank goodness that doesn't happen in my neighborhood. Good series of cartoons, thanks for posting that Liz!

Miss Z
12-28-2005, 05:38 AM
The cartoon drawer is smart. Those cartoons are designed to shock, and they definitely have that effect. Tying up dogs for long periods of time is so cruel:( :mad:

Pam
12-28-2005, 06:01 AM
These cartoons really got to me Liz. Dogs on chains are my #1 pet peeve!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I wish there was a law that dogs really could be taken away from their owner when they were observed being chained outside. I will never understand why someone would keep a dog outside or, worse yet, chained up outside. Why even have a dog? They have so much love to share with their human but the humans are too stupid to know that. :mad:

dab_20
12-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Exactly.... why would someone get a dog in the first place? Pay for the food and vet bills, and yet they don't spend any time with the dog, they just let it sit there and do nothing. They may say "I spend about 4 hours a day with my dog!" Then it's 20 hours to sit there!!! I think that is true animal abuse. :mad:

Uabassoon
12-28-2005, 12:48 PM
One of my favorite things about Arizona is that chaining or tying up your dog is illegal. The fine for keeping a dog on a chain like that is $1,000 and/or 6 months jail time.

sandragonfly
12-28-2005, 04:52 PM
quoted by uabassoon
One of my favorite things about Arizona is that chaining or tying up your dog is illegal. The fine for keeping a dog on a chain like that is $1,000 and/or 6 months jail time.

good!! so was my city, san jose - the few first largest cities in california. but now I'm in new york, I can't believe in this state has only one city against tethering (http://www.helpinganimals.com/a-tether.html).. there are so few!! come on people! :(

sad comics. :(

Jessika
12-28-2005, 04:54 PM
I LOVE Mutts. It is the sweetest comic strip ever. I have been a fan of it for a few years now! :)

Ree'sKujo
12-29-2005, 12:06 AM
It's so sad to think that there are so many poor dogs that have to suffer living like that.I won't even go on vacation unless I find a hotel that takes pets,heck my dog is over 100lb's and has his own bed.I could never leave him tied in a yard.That's just cruel and I agree,why have a dog if you just want to leave it tied in a yard?I think people that do that should have to stay confined to one space to eat,sleep and use the bathroom and have no human contact and see how they like it.

DogLover9501
12-29-2005, 03:00 AM
They are so sad :(

I will never know why people want dogs just to leave in the backyard. I also find it very stupid that they will get another dog to tie in the yard when/if something happens to the other one. How can you miss a dog that's sitting alond in the yard 24/7?