PDA

View Full Version : Petfinder doesn't update much....

Alysser
12-26-2005, 10:09 PM
I was looking on Petfinder and have been noticing that they don't update to much. One dog is still on there from Febuary and some are even from January. Is it possible they are still in foster or in the shelter?

Kfamr
12-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Petfinder doesn't do the updating - It is up to the person/s which posted the pet/s to update/delete/etc any listings.

Alysser
12-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Ooooh, okay thanks:)

luvofallhorses
12-26-2005, 10:13 PM
I am pretty sure it's because they are busy full-filling the animals needs...
(i.e. feeding the dogs, cats, etc., making sure they are taken care of, and in a sanitary environment that they don't have time to update the pages...)

luvofallhorses
12-26-2005, 10:14 PM
and yeah, petfinder doesn't do it, it's whoever volunteers to do the pages for the shelter/rescue that volunteers at the shelter or the rescue. :) I hope that makes sense..:)

Giselle
12-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Petfinder is simply a website for other adoption groups to list their adoptable animals. It does not regulate which animals are adopted or euthanized since that is not their purpose. If an animal is inaccurately labeled still up for adoption and it has since been adopted, then you should e-mail the adoption group to notify them that there's been an inaccuracy. Other than that, yes, unfortunately, some dogs have been known to remain unadopted for months and years :(

AllAmericanPUP
12-26-2005, 10:30 PM
if the dog is still up then 9 times out of 10 that means the dog is still in foster care or whatever.
some dogs stay in foster homes and shelters for years :(

Alysser
12-27-2005, 07:13 AM
Aw, that's so sad. That's way to long. :(