PDA

View Full Version : Sasha's hurting...

Queen of Poop
12-26-2005, 09:09 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid198/p2d26607de51250480d1d71b1d249f399/f0e749c8.jpg

My sweet Sasha woke me up at Midnight between Christmas Day and Boxing Day (Dec 25-26). She was hobbling around on 3 legs. Her left front leg was very sore. I carried her out to pee and back in to bed. We slept for a few more hours and finally at 7:30 am I called the emergency clinic and we went in. She had xrays and they say she has arthritis in her shoulders. We have her on Metacam and she seems to be feeling better now, it's 8 pm. I'm going to get her in to her regular vet tomorrow hopefully. I am very afraid that this is the beginning of the end. My other dog, Sami, who has been gone almost 2 years was on the Metacam for 4 months before her legs gave out completely and we had to send her to the Bridge. I'm crying as I do this and she just came to see if her mommy is ok. Oh how I love this girl!!!

Karen
12-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Awww, poor Sasha. I hope the vet visit goes okay, and that she's fine other than the arthritis. Sweetie, you'll be in our prayers!

carole
12-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Sweet Sasha what a pretty girl you are, we are sorry to hear you have been having pain and hope that the medication will take it all away and that you are otherwise in good health, hugs to mama and Sasha. :)

cyber-sibes
12-26-2005, 10:15 PM
((((hugs ))))) to you & Sasha. She's such a pretty girl, at least she's feeling better. Sending prayers & healing light.

CagneyDog
12-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Sasha and you will be in my prayers.

{{hugs}}

Glacier
12-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Poor Sasha. I hope she's feeling better soon.

My Goldie has arthritis in her shoulders too. She's been on Meloxicam for almost 2 years now. It's the human version of Metacam, much cheaper if you need to give it long term. Goldie will need it every day for the rest of her life. It's been a miracle for her. She's a different, much happier dog now. I hope Sasha gets the same kind of results.

K9karen
12-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Poor Sasha! :( I hope the medication helps you feel better. Getting older sucks for furry ones and humans. Listen to your mommy and rest and get lots of kisses and hugs.

BC_MoM
12-27-2005, 02:14 AM
See if there's a Chiropractor in the area that works on dogs.

We almost had to put our GR x GS to sleep one morning because it had got so bad, and at last minute, the vet suggested a show dog Chiropractor.. he was acting like a pup after his first visit!!

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but, she looks Border Collie to me.. if she is, go join and post about this in the Health Issues topic on a Border Collie Rescue board, similiar to this one.. http://bcrescue.org/phpbb2/index.php .. they can help you out with this and maybe help you help your pup's arthritis!!!

Ginger's Mom
12-27-2005, 04:58 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Sasha is not feeling well, and I am sure that what happened to Sami, is making you worry even more. But as others have said, all dogs are different and if Sasha is otherwise healthy she may respond very well to the new medication. I hope she is running in circles in your backyard in no time. ;) Hugs to you and sweet little Sasha.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Poor Sasha. :( I hope the vet's visit goes okay and that Sasha will start feeling better.

elizabethann
12-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Poor Sasha. How is she doing today?

Queen of Poop
12-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Sasha is doing well this morning. Just a slight limp. I gave her another dose of Metacam. Called her regular vet and we will go see him at 6:40 pm this evening. Sasha really wants a walk, but I've told her we can't do that until after we see the doctor. She is such a sweet girl. Thank you everyone for your thoughts. Will post an update when we get home from the vet this evening.

Queen of Poop
12-27-2005, 10:50 AM
See if there's a Chiropractor in the area that works on dogs.

We almost had to put our GR x GS to sleep one morning because it had got so bad, and at last minute, the vet suggested a show dog Chiropractor.. he was acting like a pup after his first visit!!

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but, she looks Border Collie to me.. if she is, go join and post about this in the Health Issues topic on a Border Collie Rescue board, similiar to this one.. http://bcrescue.org/phpbb2/index.php .. they can help you out with this and maybe help you help your pup's arthritis!!!

Yes, she is a Border Collie cross. I will check out the Border Collie rescue board. Thank you for the advice.

Queen of Poop
12-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Our regular vet says that Sasha can go for walks, gentle walks to begin with. She has to be on the Metacam for 4-5 days. But he says that her joints feel better than some of his do. So good news for Sasha and I. :D

carole
12-29-2005, 09:34 PM
That is great news to hear, I am so happy Sasha is doing better. :)

pitc9
12-30-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear Sasha's been hurting, glad to hear she had meds to help ease the pain. {Hugs} to you both!

lv4dogs
12-30-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm glad to hear that she's improving. I hope she continues to do so & is back to her long walks before ya know it.