PDA

View Full Version : Mini Meet Today!

Karen
12-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Gina of Gina's Ark, Inc. and I finally met today, after many attempts at fitting something in while she was relatively nearby! We met at an Olive Garden not far from me and close to the highway, and poor Gina was very late - there had been an accident on Route 495, and she was stuck in awful traffic. She said when she finally got there that she had been sitting in traffic, frustrated, thinking that I might just give up and leave! But I told her I was more stubborn than that, and I had heard about the congested traffic on 495 on the car radio on my way there.

We had a lovely time, nice waiter, good dinner, and lots of chatting, before I had to send her on her way back to Rochester, NY - another 5-6 hours drive, and I didn't want her falling asleep at the wheel! Our waiter nicely took a picture for us with my camera - her batteries were dead, so if it came out, I'll post it once she's seen it and says it's okay!

Cinder & Smoke
12-26-2005, 09:16 PM
:)

Very nice of you to arrange the Mini-Meet with Gina! ;)

I'm sure she appreciated it, too.

Hope the photo turns out to be PT acceptable! ;)

Corinna
12-26-2005, 10:16 PM
OH am I ever jealous !!!! See me green with envey.
Glad you had a good time.(gosh I hope this doesn't mean that rotten luck fallowed her there>)

Karen
12-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Nah - combine rainslick roads with post-Christmas shoppers with normally-congested-anyway highways, people returning from holidays, and accidents do happen. Especially when it is gathering dark, and getting colder, and people aren't as careful driving because it's not blizzarding, so that means we can still go 80 miles an hour, right? This is normal Boston-area driver mentality.

The pictures came out well, for being taken by someone unfamiliar with my camera and everything!

anna_66
12-27-2005, 08:59 AM
How nice the two of you were able to meet up! I'll be looking forward to the picture:)

furrykidsmother
12-27-2005, 09:20 AM
How wonderful that you finally got a chance to meet! Yes, I am familiar with the highways around Boston. In good weather there are often accidents and with all the extra traffic and the awful weather yesterday, I am not surprised. Glad that you were stubborn enough to wait and that you had an opportunity to meet each other. Can't wait to see the picture!

Alysser
12-27-2005, 02:54 PM
That's wonderful to have a mini meet. It seems you guys had a really good time! I'll be waiting for some pics. :D

sandragonfly
12-28-2005, 09:46 AM
;)

hey! I wasn't that really late.. only like 15-20 mins, right? :p I was worried I'd not get there before 6PM or so, that's an hour late. . .was so glad see karen standing under umbrella in front of restaurant, waiting for me!

we had a loving & giggly dinner together! (see picture....?) don't ask me, she's a master giggler too. {{:)}} it was too bad paul couldn't come but it was nice to have just her and me! we exchanged our cards, plenty hugs & she gave me all the swap cards - thank you! and everyone!

karen, funny this morning, I had a dream, we met again at olive garden, paul was there, you walked by to get something from your car, paul approached me to give me a hug with his eyes closed! (the previous meeting you had were at olive garden, all pictures of paul had his eye closed! if I remembered the right place?) there was two other pet talkers as well, remembered the faces around here but you know, faces behind names, I'll have to find which one!

anyway, here are we! :D glad we could meet after so many attempts!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/karenme.jpg

furrykidsmother
12-28-2005, 10:14 AM
YAY!! I have been waiting to see this! What a great picture of you both! Sounds like you had a really nice time! Too bad that Paul couldn't make it, but at least you 2 girls had fun! Thanks for posting the picture!

sandragonfly
12-28-2005, 10:34 AM
thanks!

and that's my first east meeting too! :D

edit - oops, actually not the first one though, was going to be first one but I rearranged to meet karen after.

Corinna
12-28-2005, 10:37 AM
So cool but still green here. You look like you had a fantastic time. (got your card yesterday)

Karen
12-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Well, Corinna, when are you flying East? ;)

Yup - that's us! Gina, funny dream. Paul does often open his eyes, those were just unlucky shots from the CT Olive Garden meet!

luvofallhorses
12-30-2005, 02:42 PM
It looks like you both had a great time!! :D

Corinna
12-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Karen as i told Gina I have never flown and don't have any desire to. If God wanted us to fly we'd have wings before heaven.

Karen
12-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Well, then, road trip! :)

Once Dad got "early retirement" my parents used to go for a "jaunt" which involved driving from Massachusetts to Florida to Texas, the Utah, then Washington State, then back home!

Of course, if we did that, we'd have to stop in just about every state along the way to meet Pet Talk folks!

sandragonfly
12-30-2005, 03:30 PM
:( then when will I get to see you corinna!

karen, *I* was on the roadtrip, corinna and I've tried to arrange our meeting but since I'm coming from I-80, she's thirteen hours away from me, for the northern snowy, blizzarding roads she & I'd have to go half through! eep. so we couldn't see each other too, darn.

yes, that, CT olive garden pictures. . .I can't find them anywhere. :confused: but anyway, hope to do this again and meet everyone else soon somehow! ;)

Corinna
12-30-2005, 05:19 PM
I'll have to drive or take a train. Never know may have to come to the East coast for a business meeting some time never know.
Maybe my brother will have a meeting with homeland security again and I can ride with him. (on his new Hog)