PDA

View Full Version : I stole the cats!

yorkster
12-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Actually they were/are part my cats also.
Here's the short story:
My husband and I separated and heading towards d-i-v-o-r-c-e. He is living in THE HOUSE. I am in an apartment with my dog and one cat. He was going to keep the other two cats (Wylie & Rudy). They are buds and we did not want to separate them, plus he loved them alot, so I agreed.
Two weeks ago he was out of town on vacation (with his friends he told me) for 4 & 1/2 days. I went to the house to check on the cats and spend some time with them.
First, I found evidence of a woman/girlfriend, and worst of all, the cats were locked in an empty room with their food, water and litterbox. No toys, no beds or anything. The water was close to being gone, the catbox was filthy, but plenty of food.
I called him on vacation and confronted him about it. Turns out, they have spent alot of time in the room because his new girlfriend (almost 2 months) is "allergic" to cats. I guess she is over often and spends the night.

Now, I didn't know about her (even though he has introduced her to mutual friends , etc.), so that was the first shock to find out THAT way.
But the cats........................I could not believe he would do something like that. Especially after only knowing someone a couple of months.

I still had a key, so I went over there when I knew he was at work, took both cats. I gave Rudy to a good friend of mine who has always loved him and wanted him. He has a very good home is very happy with her and her husband.
I brought Wylie (my shy boy) home with me and he is adjusting well. And I'm keeping him, even though I'm over my limit on animals for my apartment.

He's mad at me about it, but I know I did the right thing.
What do you all think? What would you have done?

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Good for you!!! :D It sounds like your soon to be ex-husband is more interested in his new girlfriend than in the cats any way. I'm so glad that you still had a spare key so that you could check on them. They'll both be much happier now. :)

kimlovescats
12-26-2005, 06:47 PM
I would have done the same! ;)

catmandu
12-26-2005, 07:51 PM
There is simply no excuse for Cats not having water,and an unclean box.
Imagine if you will,living with an overflowing toilet.
Actually worse as The Cats sense of smell is that strong.
I hope he does not make trouble for you with your Building Superintendant.
You did the Right Thing and The Found Cats Meeeow For You!!

yorkster
12-26-2005, 08:59 PM
when he complained and was angry with me about it, I told him that he does not deserve to have animals.

it's strange, because in the past he has always loved his kitties- used to call me up to tell me what they were doing at any particular moment. I don't know what happened to him. :confused:

I don't know if I'm more mad :mad: or more sad :( about it.
he still does not deserve them or any other animal forr that matter. jerk.

G535
12-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Anyone who can be so distracted by someone or something else that they can't remember to look after the furkids does not deserve to have access to the furkids! Hope that makes sense to someone! :)

koxka
12-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Well done! I would done the same.
In fact, I did in the past.:p

moosmom
12-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Good for you!! He must be pretty desperate for female company to lock the cats in a room with nothing but their box and food. How pathetic!! I'm glad you took the cats. They belong with you where they can be cared for and loved not locked up like some piece of furniture!! UGH!!! :mad:

JenBKR
12-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Good for you! You most certainly did the right thing :)

Shady
12-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Anyone who can be so distracted by someone or something else that they can't remember to look after the furkids does not deserve to have access to the furkids! Hope that makes sense to someone! :)

So true. Makes perfect sense to me.

carole
12-27-2005, 02:32 PM
No need to question yourself about this one, of course you did the absolute right thing here, I am glad kitties are now being looked after as they deserve and shame on your ex hubby, fancy letting some female come between him and the cats, they are way better off away from him obviously.

csanchezveloso
12-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Don't think it twice! You did the right thing!!

I hate irresponsible pet owners!!

Congrats on doing the right thing!

orangemm
12-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Good for you and better for them!! Why should they suffer because he has a girlfriend? They were there FIRST. Besides, if they were truly 'family' he wouldn't have treated them in such a shameful way.

You did good.

Randi
12-27-2005, 03:11 PM
How disappointing! :( I'm glad you were able to check on them and took them - they deserve a better life than that!

Sorry about your divorce, but it seems best for all parts.

crazy_caique
12-27-2005, 05:06 PM
My goodness that was horrible thank god you went to check on them and took them.I would have done the same.

Felicia's Mom
12-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Good for you. :D :D

shais_mom
12-27-2005, 11:16 PM
absolutely you did the right thing!
I hope you post more often with PICS!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-28-2005, 06:47 AM
You did the best thing!! I would have done that too!!
What a jerk, would he accept to be locked in a room with only a bucket and some food??? :mad: That's what I call "a PRISON" !!!

furrykidsmother
12-28-2005, 09:11 AM
You did the right thing! I would have done the same!

ramanth
12-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Good for you! You definitely did the right thing. It's possible his girlfriend would of convinced him to get rid of them and they might of ended up at a shelter! :eek: :mad: :(

I'm glad you took them. They deserved better.

Hope you post pictures!

RICHARD
12-28-2005, 01:13 PM
I hope you left him the dirty litter box.

He deserved it.

----------------------------

That reminds me of that Keith Urban song...

The line about "take your cat and leave my sweater"

Yeah you can have the sweater...After I bathe the cat and use it to dry him off..... :D ;)

smokey the elder
12-28-2005, 01:48 PM
So THAT'S what he's saying! I could never understand the words there.

Good job on your catnapping escapade!

rkidsrcats
12-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah, good one.

The Tribe all agree...

take the cats...leave the catbox

yorkster
12-28-2005, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD]I hope you left him the dirty litter box.

YES I did!!! A very dirty litterbox ;)

yorkster
12-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Wylie is with me now. still looking for a pic of Rudy.

here is my shy boy Wylie with his favorite toy:

G535
12-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Wylie is gorgeous! :)

RICHARD
12-28-2005, 04:16 PM
it's strange, because in the past he has always loved his kitties- used to call me up to tell me what they were doing at any particular moment. I don't know what happened to him. :confused:

I am glad you left him the dirty litterbox....

But, on second thought, I am disappointed with you.

You should have taken his new girlfriend's stuff and placed it in a bag.....
Then emptied out the cat poop in a bag..... ;)

You know, just trying to keep the place tidy... :D
------------------------

As a guy let me let you in on some important info....

There are two kinds of "kitties" that men are interested in.

The two legged, cheap ones can rot a man's brain out. And who wants a rotten dude? ;)

yorkster
12-29-2005, 01:45 AM
But, on second thought, I am disappointed with you.

You should have taken his new girlfriend's stuff and placed it in a bag.....
Then emptied out the cat poop in a bag..... ;)

You know, just trying to keep the place tidy... :D
------------------------

;)

great idea! wish I would have thought of that.........

I can always count on you Richard to come up with such good ideas :D :p

Van10
12-29-2005, 01:00 PM
You did the right thing!
I can't wait to see more pics of your kitties, Wylie is so cute!

yorkster
12-29-2005, 11:40 PM
This is Rudy who went to live with a good friend of mine- he's very happy there :)

orangemm
12-30-2005, 04:32 AM
I'm so glad both of them are out of there!!!! Poor things, can you imagine?

Yes, the dirty litterbox was a nice touch. :D :D :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-30-2005, 04:40 AM
Those cats are so lucky they have you!!
Has "he" found the dirty litterbox? Hey, another great idea: send him a bag of "tootsie rolls" in a gift package! Hopefully the mail is slow then... .Serves him right!! :p