PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Help Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babychicaleek
12-26-2005, 11:42 AM
Ok today my family and I were watching tv (Gemini was laying on the rug)
our neighbor walked in our house and suddenly (GEmini began to meow continuesly at HIM (only my sister and I noticed) so Gemini led us upstairs and lay down and I noticed her stomach moving UP AND DOWN and she started purring and became loving toward us so we gave her 9 treats :D

question))

=(^_^)= is this the sign of her ready to give birth?

SHE'S GOING TO GIVE BIRTH NOW I THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husky_mom
12-26-2005, 12:05 PM
if its time it could be, has anything else happened since then??

babychicaleek
12-26-2005, 12:12 PM
yes Gemini went under the bed and left a wet marking and she came out a meowed at me then went back under the bed!!!

Husky_mom
12-26-2005, 12:16 PM
what color is the wet marking?? can you see anything (kitties) under the bed?? is she having contractions???

kimlovescats
12-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Sounds like she is starting labor, if she is leaking fluids. Better get her in a confined and quiet, comfy place. Maybe in a box in the bathroom or something. Good luck! ;)

catmandu
12-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Can you keep an eye on Gemini without startling her.
If she gets too nervous she might want to move the Kittens.
I would try to stay near by,and let nature take its course,and only interevene,if you think that you are really needed.

babychicaleek
12-26-2005, 01:03 PM
it's kinda hard to tell what color the liquid is because we have "brown" carpet
right now she is under my bed cleaning herself i hear her meow a few times

babychicaleek
12-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Just Delivered Her 1st Kitten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husky_mom
12-26-2005, 01:12 PM
OMG!! CONGRATS!!! keep us posted PLEEASSEEEE!!!!

babychicaleek
12-26-2005, 01:23 PM
it's a black kitten and so far she's cleaning i hear lil meows

its soooooooooo cute im watching her very quietly with binoculars

kimlovescats
12-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Congratulations! I am glad your carpet is brown, because she will be making a very bloody mess under there! Oops! :eek:

babychicaleek
12-26-2005, 01:33 PM
yep i'm sure she is !!!!!!!

babychicaleek
12-26-2005, 01:45 PM
i can't hear them now!!!!!!
i thnk shes feeding them OR they are sleeping ZZZZZZZ

moosmom
12-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Have you got her in a room of her own? Kittens!! WOOHOO!! Why binoculars?? If she trusts you, as long as you are there whispering encouragement to her and being there for support, you can observe. She'll do the rest. Just remain calm. Good luck!! If you need help, call me. I've PM'd you with my number. ;)

orangemm
12-26-2005, 04:24 PM
How many little ones are there? Cats sure do pick the strangest places to have their babies!

babychicaleek
12-26-2005, 07:09 PM
She delivered 3 little kitties i think she's finished :D

a black one
a grey one
a black and white one (looks like Gemini)

the pregnancy went well she has been purring the whole day!!
she does trust to hold her kitties and pet them :D

AbbyMom
12-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Congratulations! Please keep us posted :)

moosmom
12-27-2005, 06:33 AM
Great job!! Sounds like everything went well. Just let her do her job and be a mama. Enjoy the babies while you can. They get big so fast!!!

catmandu
12-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Congratulations to Gemini.
And Karina The Momma Cat Angel and Suzie that we once thought was a male Cat,about 40 yeras ago have joined Gemini to give her Angelic Support,and to help with the Three Little Ones.
As someone who had Kittens born last year in the Hotel,I wish you and Gemini the best of luck.

babychicaleek
12-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Thank you very much! :) :D ;)

Yesterday around 11 pm she had another grey kitten!!!!

she has 4 now :D

kimlovescats
12-27-2005, 11:06 AM
How exciting! Hope you can get some pictures! ;)

RedHedd
12-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Aww! Merry Christmas kittens!

JenBKR
12-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Aww, so glad to hear all went well. How is everything going now? Any updates? :D

Husky_mom
12-28-2005, 07:37 PM
got any pics yet????

babychicaleek
12-28-2005, 08:46 PM
They are doing great pictures should be coming soon!

thnx 4 the support

babychicaleek
12-30-2005, 11:16 AM
2 grey girl twins! (we might keep)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-30-2005, 11:19 AM
CONGRATS!! Good luck with the newborns! You say you might keep the twins. What will you do with the other 2?

rg_girlca
12-30-2005, 03:59 PM
First off, I have been following your threads that you have made in regards to Gemini being pregnant but declined from making any comments. I am happy to hear that she had a good delivery and the babies and mama are doing well.
But this comment has me concerned.

2 grey girl twins! (we might keep)

I really, really don't want to cause any problems with this, as you said that, "WE MIGHT KEEP" but I would just like you to answer one question for me, okay babychicaleek, because of this comment you made in another thread.

yeah we had to get RID of him sorry but we are TIGHT with money to afford 1 CAT

Have your finances changed since then, that you are able to take mama and her girls to the vet for their shots and to have each one spayed?

babychicaleek
01-01-2006, 12:39 PM
now i feel bad now :(

rg_girlca
01-01-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry, I really, really did not mean to make you feel bad or sad my dear. I simply just asked you a question about your comments that have me concerned.

It's very, very easy to get attached to cute adorable widdle kitties, but are you and your parents able to really be prepared to take up the cost of having three cats. Meaning, their food, their vet care regarding getting their yearly shots, their spaying and any unfortunate illnesses that should develope.

If the girls are NOT spayed, then are you prepared to deal with them when they go into heat, or to deal with any complications that may arise from NOT being spayed, like cancer.

These are just some of things that you SERIOUSLY have to think about.

Like I said before, I am not trying to make you feel bad. I, like others are just trying to educate you on the care of taking on a cat or cats.

moosmom
01-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Like I said before, I am not trying to make you feel bad. I, like others are just trying to educate you on the care of taking on a cat or cats.

The truth hurts sometimes. And the quote about getting rid of the male cat alarmed me. Just because you "got rid of" the male cat, doesn't mean these females won't get pregnant. Please have your kitties fixed! :(

babychicaleek
01-02-2006, 12:23 PM
We are going to keep 1 grey kitty and yes we are going to get both sprayed :) um I was just wondering is it healthy 4 both of Gemini and Precious to share a litter box? (mel and Gemini shared one before and their wasnt any problems

catnapper
01-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Glad to hear you are going to get them spayed... no excuses this time. You are now informed.

The only problem with kittens using the same litterbox as an adult kitty is is the litterbox has clumping litter in it. Clumping litter can kill little kittens because it sticks to their fur and gets into their stomachs, where they can't pass it through their little bodies

Rule of thumb with litterboxes: one litterbox for each cat you have plus one. So.... two cats shold ideally have 3 litterboxes. Sounds like a lot, but it does proove to be a useful rule

babychicaleek
01-03-2006, 10:31 AM
oh ok got a litter box for the kitten!!! oh by the way 1 black kitty opened his eyes!! :)

babychicaleek
01-03-2006, 01:56 PM
wow they have grown!!!! they are big now :eek:

Craftlady
01-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Your getting 2 spaded, what about the other 2 kittens and mom? I'm sure a vet would give a discount to fix all the kittens and mom. When you adopt out the others they will be fixed and not reproducing.

Here's an FYI fact for you
A female cat can get pregnant as young as four months old and have three litters of kittens in one year. In seven years, starting with 1 unspayed female cat + 1 unneutered male cat this can result in an offspring of 420,000 kittens...

babychicaleek
01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm only keeping 1 grey kitty along with Gemini they will get sprayed

one person is interested in adopting a kitty :)

so 2 more kittys that need great homes

babychicaleek
01-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi Catlovers,
The kittens are getting big!!!! We have named 2 kittens

Junior (black kitty) He was named that because he looks just like he daddy

Melodi (Grey kitty)

Gemini has transferred her kittens to a different bed

iiiiiiiiiiii wish the pics would hurry up

see ya later

/\_/\
(*_*)

babychicaleek
01-09-2006, 05:58 PM
4 months wow!! that's so young :eek: I thought it was around 7 months

babychicaleek
01-11-2006, 03:00 PM
meow

Husky_mom
01-11-2006, 03:18 PM
we are still waitning for pics..........

Felix
01-12-2006, 06:40 AM
Congrats! I sure would love to see those photos :D

catmandu
01-12-2006, 08:34 AM
The Cat Angels have been helping out where they can with the Babies.
I have digital Movies of Pouncette Gary and Ivon,that I watch .
They are nearly a Year Old Now and weigh 10 Pounds,Each.
The Best Of Luck with Momma Cat and Kittens.
The Found Cats MEOW to Gemini and Family.

babychicaleek
01-13-2006, 06:48 AM
Thank you!

Now she is moving her kittys for the 3rd time under a different bed :p

babychicaleek
12-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Hey, sorry to bump this thread, but it's been exactly a year now . . . !

The two grey kittens from January are in my signature.

Mango is another kitten we adopted in September - he's in the second picture - I have pics of Gemini's kittens, if you have not seen them.

:confused:

catmandu
12-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Thats Wonderful That The Kittens Have Arrived And Are Safe And Sound.
How Are They Doing Now?
Great Little Cats Of The Future!!!!!