PDA

View Full Version : Computer Woes. :(

jenluckenbach
12-26-2005, 08:42 AM
My computer is on the fritz. I never experienced a "crash" so I don't really know what is wrong. All I know is that when I turned it on this morning, I got a black sreen that says -insert system diskette to reboot-. Well, I don't HAVE the system diskette. :( (my brother-in-law, put Windows 98 on a computer that needed to be wiped clean). So I will send him the computer and HOPE it is a simple problem (AND ask for a copy of the Windows 98 :rolleyes: )

SO......I hooked up my OLD computer, but HA! I can't do much with it. But at least I can get online.

GGGGRRRRRRRR......

Anita Cholaine
12-26-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry... I hate so much when my computer crashes (it happens very often...)
It sounds like a very normal problem, so, don't worry about it. I'm sure that it will be fixed quickly.... At least you can be on pt with your old computer...:)

Vette
12-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Try getting Windows XP. it fixed my computers problem after installing a bad driver(or we installed the wrong one or something stupid happend during the install) we were at at wits end of what to do and my brother installed XP as a last resort and it fixed whatever the problem was.

but youd still need a Windows98 disk though to complete the install

king2005
12-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Did you try to restart it a few times??

How old is it? The Hard Drive might have burnt out from old age. If your hard drive is a 20 gig or smaller then its more then likely died.

The smallest Hard drive you can get anywhere is an 80 gig & that should be well under 80.00, as a 200 gig costs about 120.00. You can get a cheap cpu & motherboard for 200.00 or less, a cheap video card is 60.00 & most mother boards have sound onboard. A dvd rom under 50.00, or get a dvd/cd burner rom for 60.00 (some are cheaper).

If you have to redo ur whole computer, don't buy one all put together all ready (too many issues with them), get you brother to put an upto date cheapy computer together for you. you can still use the same monitor, keyboard & mouse, so that'll save you some cash.

A decent computer can be put together for under 1000.00, & thats including monitor, keyboard & mouse. But just for the Desktop stuff, about 500.00 would make a really nice computer, that XP will work really well on, & you can use lots of art programs & many games, like the sims, zoo tycoon, doom & slots. But for a cheapy computer if your smart, you can get it for less then 500.00, esp. if your sound & video card can go onto the new mother board :)

Thought you'd like other options :)

carole
12-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Have you checked to see if there is a floppy disk in the floppy drive, that might be all it is ok, usually it comes up as invalid boot disk error.if so just take it out problem solved.