PDA

View Full Version : How long do your cats sleep?

Lando
04-05-2002, 07:45 PM
How long do your cats sleep? My cat sleeps on my bed from 5 pm to 8am the next morning it is amazing. Then she will disappear all day(I suppose she sleeps again until late after noon.

Pam
04-05-2002, 08:07 PM
It would probably be easier to answer how long they are awake! :D If they aren't bird watching or eating they are usually sleeping. I would say they probably sleep about 20 hours out of 24!! :rolleyes: :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-05-2002, 08:26 PM
My Tinky is still a baby she doesn't sleep too long. She takes a lot of little Kitty naps and sleeps a few hours with me in the morning before I get up. :D =^..^=:D

yorkster
04-05-2002, 08:32 PM
One of my cats, Kedi, sleeps quite a bit (maybe 15 or so hours) :)

But........Wylie (who is one yr. old) does not seem to sleep hardly at all! :confused:
My husband and I have always wondered about this, because aren't cats suposed to sleep alot? All my other cats in the past have always slept quite a bit- even as kittens.
We catch him 'resting', but hardly ever all-out sleeping..............weird. :rolleyes: Of course he also does not like meat/fish, but loves granola bars and graham crackers. What can I say, he is a strange kitty. He is a lover though! :D

Lachesis
04-05-2002, 08:39 PM
My kittens do cat naps. A hour here, a hour there. Longest stretch is @ night and even then, it's maybe 3-4 hours....

Cynthia
04-05-2002, 09:04 PM
I'm guessing that Stump sleeps a good 18 hours a day. I figure he's 13 so he can sleep as long as he wants to!! He loves the afternoon sun (and the morning sun, come to think of it), and he finds a warm spot and dozes off! Emmett is 3 and sleeps less than Stump does; his favorite nap time is afternoon. But he's pretty active in the evening and at night...and first thing in the morning...:D

Lando
04-05-2002, 09:16 PM
Wow!Such sleepy heads!!

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Storm probably sleeps about 12-15 hours a day. He likes to sleep a little longer in the mornings than my other two cats. Pepper probably sleeps about 18-20 hours a day. He's the laziest of my cats. Sunny takes a lot of small naps throughout the day so he probably only sleeps about 8-10 hours a day.

AvaJoy
04-05-2002, 09:42 PM
Elderly Lily sleeps most of the day and night; she is only awake in the morning for breakfast, and then for just a couple of hours in the evening.

Debra (1 yr. old) probably sleeps during the day, then plays her little heart out in the evenings, and sleeps through the night.

tuxluvr
04-06-2002, 07:08 AM
What? They wake up?....

Ritz probably sleeps most of the daylight hours, except for first hour of the morning when we are up and she is running through the house like a herd of elephants....but she makes up for it by prowling and running all night.

I_love_cats
06-15-2002, 12:08 AM
Two of my cats, female and my oldest male, they do alot of sleeping but they wake up areound 9:00 or 10:00pm then my other male sleep for a little way then he is awake and that is when he is looking for food. What he would do is sleep for awhile then wake up for something to eat and he plays for quite awhile.

moosmom
06-15-2002, 07:12 AM
Tuxluvr,

I was just about to say the same thing! My cats seem to sleep all day and night till I get home from work at 10 p.m. Then they get this sudden burst of energy and go tearing through my apartment. Doesn't help my situation with my downstairs neighbor so as soon as I turn out the lights, they kind of calm down and know it's nite-nite time.

It's a fact that cats sleep 18-20 hours a day. :rolleyes:

Wish I could say the same!!!

Donna

tuxluvr
06-15-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Tuxluvr,

I was just about to say the same thing! My cats seem to sleep all day and night till I get home from work at 10 p.m. Then they get this sudden burst of energy and go tearing through my apartment. Doesn't help my situation with my downstairs neighbor so as soon as I turn out the lights, they kind of calm down and know it's nite-nite time.

It's a fact that cats sleep 18-20 hours a day. :rolleyes:

Wish I could say the same!!!

Donna

You know you are right! I watch Ritz in her deeeeep sleeeeep and wonder what it would take or what it would feel like to be able to sleep in such utter calm and intensity. When Ritz curls up next to me at night, it does relax me, too....I find I sleep a little better with my kitty sleep therapy :D

06-15-2002, 08:05 AM
23 hours and 1/2 ????????????

haha , lol !!!! no !! I think Sydney sleeps at least 16 hours a day !! May be more !!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets