PDA

View Full Version : The story of Faith

catnapper
12-25-2005, 07:42 PM
I may have mentioned before that my aunt's cat had kittens. If she could not find homes for them, I was going to bring them home with me today and foster them.

Well, she told us the story of where one special little kitten went today. Here's the story:

One of my aunt's student's wanted a kitten. She is 10, and my aunt has known her since she was 5. This little girl has stopped in my aunt's room a dozen times a day telling my aunt she needed to call mom and talk her into letting her have this kitten. My aunt just smiled and said she'd see what she could do.

My aunt taught her in kindergarten, and she taught her brother when he was in 3rd grade. He's 12 now. He will not see his 13th birthday because he is dying of cancer. In fact the family were praying he'd get one last Christmas, whch they did get today, but they think he won't make it til a New Year.

The whole family is understandably devastated, and mom understood that getting this kitten would help her daughter grieve for her brother. The little kitten was delivered to be under the tree this morning, and was a complete surprise. The little girl named the kitten Faith. Faith made what is a miserable and sad Christmas one where EVERYONE was able to smile, even her brother who's now home to die. Faith crawled through the packages, up and down the tree... she was everyone spreading joy and making people smile when their hearts were heavy.

It made my Christmas just to hear the tale. I hope everyone had a special Christmas too!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-25-2005, 07:58 PM
What a heart warming tale. Thank you so much for sharing, Kim. :)

shais_mom
12-25-2005, 10:35 PM
what a sweet story - will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers.

catmandu
12-26-2005, 03:45 PM
When I lost My Parents,it was having the Cats that gave me the strength tocarry on,and to carry on with the pain of being Orphaned.
Thank You for the story of Faith,and we are Praying for your Brother.

moosmom
12-26-2005, 03:56 PM
MAJOR LES here! What a beautiful, heartwarming story!! Thanks for sharing!

orangemm
12-26-2005, 04:27 PM
How wonderful for the family, too, now they'll have the kitten to love as well.

I will keep them all in my prayers.

jenluckenbach
12-26-2005, 06:26 PM
What a beautiful thing to happen to a family in grief. Bless that family for opening their hearts just at a time that they are breaking apart.

kimlovescats
12-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Oh Kim, what a heartwarming story. How in the world does someone tell their 12 year old child that he is coming home to die? :( I just cannot imagine. May God bless this entire family and help them through the coming time of loss.

Kim

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks for sharing this heart warming story with us. :) It also was starting to give me LES but I had to hold it together because I'm on my dad's computer at their vacation home in Southern CA.

jenluckenbach
12-26-2005, 07:15 PM
BY THE WAY.....what about the other kittens?

furrykidsmother
12-27-2005, 09:17 AM
How sad for the family. I am sure this little kitten will help to ease some of the pain and brighten the days just a bit.