PDA

View Full Version : Roxy did it AGAIN...

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 01:14 PM
She broke her chain again! Yay! That means she gets to stay inside until it's fixed. Maybe I can give her a bath, make her smell pretty, and let her stay in my room ;).

tricollie4me
12-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for a little extra lovin' for your Roxy girl. Happy holidays to you and yours.

Chilli
12-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Yay! :D I like pretty smelling dogs... too bad my dogs are in need of a bath.

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Yay! :D I like pretty smelling dogs... too bad my dogs are in need of a bath.
Lily needs a bath and so does Roxy! My mom wont let Roxy even step foot in the bathroom, but she needs bath SO bad. I already promised I'd give Lily one, too, because she's starting to smell like dog :rolleyes:.(I love the smell of dog...my mom doesnt :mad: )

Alysser
12-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Please go and spend more time with Roxy, she deserves it.

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 01:32 PM
I will, my mom's making me help with dinner, so I cant sneak Roxy in yet.

tz1
12-25-2005, 02:04 PM
heh, zero doesn't smell "good' persay, but he has a specific doggie smell and i like it :D

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 02:07 PM
heh, zero doesn't smell "good' persay, but he has a specific doggie smell and i like it :D
Thats exactly what I mean! It's the cutest little smell! Almost as sweet as puppy breath<333.

Alysser
12-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Okay, thank you! :D

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Okay, thank you! :D
Lol you're welcome. I dunno how to sneak Roxy in when my mom can see her like from every room...I'll sneak her in when my mom goes in the Bathroom. ;)

Toby's my baby
12-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Lol, good luck sneaking her in! ;)

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Lol, good luck sneaking her in! ;)
lol! I just snuck her in. hehe My mom didnt even notice. But, I had to take her back, because Lily and Skye were buggin the crap out of her. When my mom goes to bed soon, (she worked last night and hasnt slept all day) I'm gonna sneak her in and give her a bath, and then take her in my room!

CagneyDog
12-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Lucky Roxy :), I'm sure she'll be happy to be inside. Has she met Lily yet?

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Lucky Roxy :), I'm sure she'll be happy to be inside. Has she met Lily yet?
yes!! :) cute reaction, too! Lily LOVES her!

crazy_caique
12-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Why doesn't Roxy get let in the house?Just wondering!

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Why doesn't Roxy get let in the house?Just wondering!
Because my mom wont let her. I have tried absolutely everything, and she still says NO! I plan on sneaking Roxy into the actual house and putting her in my room tonight! mwahaha! ;)

Alysser
12-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Good luck with that! Just make sure you wake up early and let her out so you don't get into trouble!:)

dab_20
12-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Well I am glad she gets to stay in the house for awhile. Maybe you can show your mom that she's well behaved in the house and you can take care of her? Just a suggestion. Happy Holidays. :)

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Well I am glad she gets to stay in the house for awhile. Maybe you can show your mom that she's well behaved in the house and you can take care of her? Just a suggestion. Happy Holidays. :)
I'm gonna try...

dab_20
12-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Yah, moms can be so stubborn, can't they? lol

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Yah, moms can be so stubborn, can't they? lol
YES VERY!

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 09:14 PM
I wish Roxy would break her chain all the time...I love having her inside. <3

Vette
12-26-2005, 05:33 AM
Wait till late at night on Firday/Sat or Sunday.. and wait till your mom goes to bed... and give her an hour to make sure shes asleep,, and sneak her in then and give her a bath and stuff... just besure to bring in several towls to dry her of with and clean up really good when your done.

what your mom dont know.. wont hurt her. LOL

Roxyluvsme13
12-26-2005, 12:58 PM
I was gonna sneak her in last night, but my mom would have checked on me and I would have been caught, so today she plans on getting Roxy's chain fixed, but maybe I can convince her to let her stay in the laundry room one more night.

Chica
12-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Poor Roxy, I wish Roxy could stay inside!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/happy3.jpgChica says Hello!!!

Roxyluvsme13
12-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Aww Cute pic of Chica!
UPDATE:It's been 3 days, and She's still in the laundry room! We havent got her chain fixed, and I'm so glad! Roxy is quite happy being in the laundry room, and Lily's obsessed with her! They love eachother. Roxy is so calm, I was actually quite surprised. I hope my mom will let her stay in there longer! <333-Briana, Roxy, & Lily!

gemini9961
12-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Does she come out of the laundry room at all? Or is she staying in there the whole day?

JenBKR
12-27-2005, 12:21 PM
:D So glad to hear that Roxy's getting some love and attention - she sure is a cutie ;) Were you able to give her a bath?

BC_MoM
12-27-2005, 02:37 PM
YAY! Good for Roxy! I'm surprised she didn't run away.

How come Lily is allowed in the bathroom but Roxy's not?

It doesn't sound like your Mom likes Roxy. Let alone like any dog at all.

*cough*REHOMEROXY*cough*

.sarah
12-27-2005, 06:52 PM

*cough*REHOMEROXY*cough*
Can we please have a civilized thread? I hate that all of her threads turn into an argument. Let's just be happy that Roxy is inside. Everything else can be discussed by PM. :)

Roxyluvsme13
12-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Does she come out of the laundry room at all? Or is she staying in there the whole day?
Throughout the day I take her out to the bathroom, but it isnt helping much...She still poops in there, and pees, too. I'm so close to getting my mom to atleast let her in at night, but she gave me 2 reasons:1)She stinks up the laundry room when she poops. 2)If we do that, with moving laundry room at night to outdoors at day, she'll get pneumonia! MY GOSH thats not true! Is it?

Roxyluvsme13
12-27-2005, 08:02 PM
:D So glad to hear that Roxy's getting some love and attention - she sure is a cutie ;) Were you able to give her a bath?
Nope, with my luck, my mom would wake up and have to go to the bathroom, when I got Roxy in the tub. :rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
12-27-2005, 08:05 PM
YAY! Good for Roxy! I'm surprised she didn't run away.

*cough*REHOMEROXY*cough*
I'm tired of being nice, about the rehome thing so I have one thing to say to the last sentence. *cough*Roxy's never leaving here, unless my mom made us move to an apartment*cough* Oh, and *cough*I dont think its nice to tell someone you dont even know to rehome their dog*cough* YES my mom likes dogs, she just thinks Roxy is too big to be in the house. Lily is allowed in the bathroom, because She's the one that's inside all the time, and my mom doesnt have so called "excuses" that she cant be inside :mad:

BC_MoM
12-27-2005, 08:39 PM
I just have one more question:

Have you thought of getting Roxy a harness to attach a long rope/chain to? It might be easier on her than it being attached at the neck and pulling at her.

Roxyluvsme13
12-27-2005, 08:41 PM
I just have one more question:

Have you thought of getting Roxy a harness to attach a long rope/chain to? It might be easier on her than it being attached at the neck and pulling at her.
She'd probably break a harness, and I cant find one to fit her, they are all too big or too small, even when they are adjusted.

Flatcoatluver
12-27-2005, 08:45 PM
yeah for roxy!!!! I don't know if you answered this already brianna, but arn't you home alone in the day?? couldn't you sneek her in the bathroom and give her a bath?? then clean it up really fast??? :D

BC_MoM
12-27-2005, 08:47 PM
She'd probably break a harness, and I cant find one to fit her, they are all too big or too small, even when they are adjusted.

That sucks.. how could you break a harness? :confused: Too bad, though, I could have made one for her.

Roxyluvsme13
12-27-2005, 08:47 PM
yeah for roxy!!!! I don't know if you answered this already brianna, but arn't you home alone in the day?? couldn't you sneek her in the bathroom and give her a bath?? then clean it up really fast??? :D
I wish! my mom barely lets me stay home for an hour. Haha. If I was YES HECK YES i would do that! I'm so naughty hehe ;)

Roxyluvsme13
12-27-2005, 08:48 PM
That sucks.. how could you break a harness? :confused: Too bad, though, I could have made one for her.
She's really strong, maybe I could try it. You can make harnesses? WOW. I can never find one just the right size for her, but she needs one badly, they're recommended for Boxers anyways.

BC_MoM
12-27-2005, 09:03 PM
lol Do you have a pet store anywhere near that you can bring your dog in with you? That's a great way to find a size that fits.. and if you find one close that doesn't quite fit.. you can always buy it and try to modify it! :)

Roxyluvsme13
12-27-2005, 10:19 PM
lol Do you have a pet store anywhere near that you can bring your dog in with you? That's a great way to find a size that fits.. and if you find one close that doesn't quite fit.. you can always buy it and try to modify it! :)
We have a Petsmart nearby...But we tried them, and they dont fit right...I'll see what I can do.

BC_MoM
12-27-2005, 10:32 PM
We have a Petsmart nearby...But we tried them, and they dont fit right...I'll see what I can do.

Lemme know how it goes.. if you can't find any, PM me and I'll see if I can make you one.

Roxyluvsme13
12-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Ok, but it's gonna be awhile before I can get one! I'm broke!

bckrazy
12-28-2005, 01:29 AM
I'm very glad that Roxy is allowed in the laundry room... it's comforting to know that she isn't spending her nights sleeping out in the cold and she spends more time with you.

About potty training, that's very easy to solve. Take Roxy out on-leash every 30 minutes to 1 hour, that way she has no opportunity to go potty inside. Praise her when she goes outside. Leave a few Puppy training pads or newspaper in the laundry room with her, if she continues to go in there... but I doubt she will, if you walk her very very consistently. After she gets the hang of not going potty inside, increase the gap between walks a little bit (she shouldn't be without a potty break for any more than a few hours). Make sure she gets plenty of exercise and you train and visit with her a lot, and give her stimulating toys like a peanut butter-stuffed Kong and a Buster Cube-type toy to keep her occupied.

Personally... if Roxy CAN stay indoors for several days while getting her chain fixed, I do not understand why she can't stay inside at least at night all the time. You really need to call your Mom out on this, she obviously has no legit reason. Tell her you will save up for a crate to keep Roxy in your bedroom at night (absolutely NO healthy dog will go potty in a crate), and you'll give her frequent baths and clean up, potty train her, etc. It'd even be better to have her crated or in your room during the day (with plenty of exercise, of course) than to be sitting out in the snow. I'm not criticizing, just trying to give more pointers. Just KEEP TRYING! Parents do start to give in when they know it's something you really want and you're very passionate and responsible about it.

lv4dogs
12-28-2005, 09:23 AM
That great for her to be inside the last few days! I'm also glad to hear that she gets along with Lilly.

Have you tried explaining to your mom that if you give Roxy a bath it will make her smell better? It won't make her poops smell better but at least she will smell better. And also explain that this is an ideal time to give her a bath as she is already inside, you don't want to give her a bath when she's going to go right back outside. Make sure to explain to your mom that you will wash the bathroom & the towels when you are done bathing her.

Sending you good thoughts for letting Roxy stay inside, or at least at night & to get a bath. :D

Roxyluvsme13
12-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Well, the potty training is like not hard at all, but my mom says oh if you leave her in at night she'll get pneumonia! How Do I get by that one?

Pembroke_Corgi
12-28-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm glad Roxy's enjoying herself inside. I agree with bckrazy, maybe you could save up to get a crate and potty train her?
I'm glad she gets along with Lily. :)

Karen
12-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Just tell you mom that we all say she won't get pneumonia!

Roxyluvsme13
12-28-2005, 09:46 AM
I told her people on PT had dogs as big as Great Danes in their house...That didnt work! She said good for them...I'm working on it, though...Maybe I should wait till shes tired and will say yes to anything to ask again ;)

lv4dogs
12-28-2005, 10:09 AM
How about calling your vet & have them tell your mom that Roxy will not get pneumonia, in fact her chances are even less if she stays inside.

Roxyluvsme13
12-28-2005, 10:10 AM
If telling her PT says she wont doesnt work, i will.

BC_MoM
12-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I told her people on PT had dogs as big as Great Danes in their house...That didnt work! She said good for them...I'm working on it, though...Maybe I should wait till shes tired and will say yes to anything to ask again ;)

Nooo, wait until she's in a good mood. She would probably just get annoyed if you asked her about Roxy when she was tired.

Roxyluvsme13
12-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Nooo, wait until she's in a good mood. She would probably just get annoyed if you asked her about Roxy when she was tired.
I dunno....I'll see what I can do later

Flatcoatluver
12-28-2005, 12:20 PM
why don't you clean the house when she's gone, that will kinda get her in a good mood.

Roxyluvsme13
12-28-2005, 12:21 PM
why don't you clean the house when she's gone, that will kinda get her in a good mood.
Hahahahaha She would pass out if I did that. I never clean! :p

Flatcoatluver
12-28-2005, 12:24 PM
twell didn't you clean the house when you asked for tink??? That made her in a good mood??? do you have any flowers blooming??? you could find some flowers and put it on the couter.

lv4dogs
12-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Hahahahaha She would pass out if I did that. I never clean! :p

That may be part of the reason why she won't allow Roxy in, she may be afraid that she will end up cleaning up after Roxy since she already does all of the cleaning as it is. If you show her you can keep the house clean with Roxy inside she may be more apt to allow her to be inside more often.
I'd start cleaning, showing her that you can clean up after Roxy, Lilly & youself. I don't mean right now & just this once, I mean for good, from here on out. I am sure that will show your mom just how responsible you can be. :D

dab_20
12-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Well maybe you should start cleaning? My mom gets me stuff only when I am being responsible. That's the only reason we have two dogs, because I clean up after them, feed them, groom them, walk them, etc. I am the same age as you, and I know your capable of cleaning! lol

Chilli
12-28-2005, 01:13 PM
I agree with everyone, about the cleaning thing. You said that she'd pass out if you cleaned, right? Then why not impress her. Only just thirty minutes a day cleaning can do alot!

Vette
12-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Take her ouside at least ever 2 or 3 hours then and see if that helps the messies in the laundry room. :)

she doesnt know any better is all.. shes used to being able to go all the time.

caseysmom
12-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Well Bubba and I had a rough time with the potty training and even now its up to us to take him out every hour or 2, he won't ask. Casey is a dream. I keep bubba in a fenced in kennel while we are at work and school.

I am a mom and I agree about the cleaning. If Roxy does have an accedent put some simple green in with some water and scrub it up right away.

Roxyluvsme13
12-29-2005, 06:40 AM
I'll get started on what I can do. My mom is under alot of stress right now, so I'm not going to bother her with Roxy coming inside at this time. I will start cleaning and stuff though and being responsible, but I'm not gonna make my mom mad right now.

Flatcoatluver
12-29-2005, 12:06 PM
I'll get started on what I can do. My mom is under alot of stress right now, so I'm not going to bother her with Roxy coming inside at this time. I will start cleaning and stuff though and being responsible, but I'm not gonna make my mom mad right now.
since she is stressed out this is the perfect time to do that (CLEAN), then don't tell her this but raise money for a crate for roxy. after the holidays and you have the day off from school sneak roxy in!!! give her a bath and tell her your plain you can just tell her at night she will sleep in a crate and then during the day she can go back on the chain.