PDA

View Full Version : Walmart is Dangerous

BitsyNaceyDog
12-24-2005, 03:58 PM
My dad ventured out to Walmart this morning to pick up a few last minute Christmas items. While he was there he decided to pick up some laundry detergent. He was walking down the isle and a gallon of bleach fell off of a high shelf and hit my dad. It landed right on his face knocking him backwards and breaking his glasses. A total of 5 bleach jugs fell, thankfully only the one hit my dad.

He said everyone was really good to him. My dad went to the bathroom to wash his face, there was a bit of blood. Then one of the employees took my dad to the vision center (that's where my dad goes for his eyes anyway) and they were able to get him new glasses right away (at no charge to my dad of corse). My mom went and met him at the vision center when he left he could hardly walk out of the store because he was so dizzy.

He went home and sat on the couch for awhile and he's feeling better now. His face is all black and blue and cut up though. He probably should have gone to the doctor, but he's very stubborn and wouldn't go.

prechrswife
12-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Oh, my goodness!! You just never know what is going to happen, do you? I hope your dad is feeling better soon.

Toby's my baby
12-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Wow!! I'm glad your dad is O.K!! That sure is a freak accident!

Pam
12-24-2005, 05:13 PM
I am thinking that someone's head is going to roll for stacking the jugs so carelessly. I hope your dad will be fine with no aftermath, although I do wish he would have gotten checked out at the hospital. It would have been good to have it on record in case, God forbid, there are repercussions.

lizbud
12-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Wow, that's terrible. After any accident the victim should be checked
out by a Dr.The one who got hurt shouldn't make the decision on whether
to be checked out, especially a head injury. Hope he is okay.

moosmom
12-24-2005, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't have taken the chance. I would've called 911 and went by ambulance. I hope your Dad is okay. I urge him to go to the hospital and make sure he's okay. Alot of times people don't feel their injuries till 24 to 48 hours later.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Thank you for all your sweet comments.

I wish my mom would have made him go to the doctor and get checked out. I actually haven't seen him yet, I'll see him tomorrow. My sister said his face is really bruised and looks bad. :( He's really stubborn though, he recently had a piece of glass taken out of his foot after it being soar and infected for 2 weeks he finally gave in and went to the doctor. While he was there he had a planters wart that he's had for over 20 years finally removed. He just refuses goes to the doctor.:mad: :rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-25-2005, 05:58 AM
OMG, what a scare this must have been!! I often fear for falling things when I see how things are displayed in large supermarkets. It is amazing that there aren't more accidents like this one... :rolleyes: .
God luck to your dad; wish him to get well soon :)

Alysser
12-25-2005, 06:34 AM
That is horrible! It happened on Christmas eve? That stinks to. Something in Wal-mart fell when my dad was in a asile to. But it didn't land on anyone. That has been happening alot latley. Last year in Home Depot a HUGE can of paint and KILLED a women. Anyway, I hope your dad feels better and does decide to go see a doctor.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-26-2005, 11:16 AM
My, that's just HOPRRIBLE! Stores should be a lot more aware that stuff like this can happen to their customers, or even themselves.

I will be praying for your father, for a speeds recovery. :)