PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for Christmas? (or other holiday)

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-23-2005, 08:00 PM
I was just wondering what you guys are doing for Christmas!:) We usually travel midwest to visit family, but this year we decided to take it easy and stay home. I'm going to enjoy the break too. More time with Blazer, not to mention...(he rarely goes on vacation with us 'cause my parents don't like taking animals half way across the country...:() But anyways, I'm looking forward to it, though I wish we could have a white Christmas!! :rolleyes: ;) That would be nice!;) So anyways...what are you doing for Christmas? (or similar Jewish, Moslem holiday);)

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-23-2005, 08:29 PM
On Christmas day, we're having Christmas dinner at home (finally!) and my Grandma, aunt (and her boyfriend), 2 uncles and another aunt are coming over aswell as most of their dogs. Tomorrow, we're going to another aunt's house for a few hours to visit with relatives that we never see any other time of the year.

Anita Cholaine
12-23-2005, 08:31 PM
We usually go to my grandparents house, but, I can't walk too much this year (because of my knee surgery) and we are spending Christmas at home... It will be nice to be at home... I think we've never celebrated Christmas in my house! We do always celebrate the New Year here, though...

christa
12-23-2005, 08:35 PM
It's gonna be a whirlwind.

First of all, we have to travel about an hour to where all of our family lives.

Christmas Eve: Lunch with my parents . . . open presents with hubby's parents . . . Christmas Eve Dinner & Presents with hubby's entire side of the family at his grandparent's house . . . back to my parent's house to watch a movie and go to sleep.

Christmas Day: Get up and go to Church with hubby's parents . . . eat lunch at hubby's grandparent's house . . . go back and visit my parents for awhile . . . come home and CRASH!!!

Alysser
12-23-2005, 08:42 PM
I am staying home. My brother is comign in from Florida! GR! He is so annoying. He's been here for a little over an hour and Sassy ALREADY bit him. He was laying in her bed lol!

joanofark
12-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Hmmmm... Christmas eve is My friends house, then my uncles house. Then Midnight mass. Then on Christmas Day we are staying home and haveing Christmas Dinner with my Aunt and two cousins! I also get to play with Duke, Hobo and Ace all day! :)

carole
12-24-2005, 01:25 AM
We are having a family get together at my niece Charlenes and her hubby Nick's brand new home, they wanted to put xmas dinner on this year , a first for them, and are all excited about it, my parents will be there too, sadly I will have to leave my kitties at home but get to see Neo their kitty, we have to travel two hours, which is something i am not fond of, but still will be nice to be with family this year.

CathyBogart
12-24-2005, 01:38 AM
I did something special for myself on the Solstice this year. :) For Christmas we're going to my parents' house, going to have a huge dinner with family and play with the dogs. :)

JenBKR
12-24-2005, 09:57 AM
It's going to be crazy this year - today (Christmas eve) we are going to my parents' house for dinner, then off to church. Tomorrow morning back to my parents', off to my mother-in-law's for lunch, then a hour and a half drive to my father-in-law's for dinner. Whew! Thank goodness I have monday off work, I'll need to sleep ;)

Suki Wingy
12-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Luckily all the aunts and uncles and my grandparents live in Chicagoland and Madison, so we have the Madison cousins at our house and we are all going over to my grandparents house tomarrow morning.

Toby's my baby
12-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Today, (christmas eve) we are going to eat dinner (homemade pizza) with my mom, dad, and sister. It is probably the first time we have had Christmas alone in like 5 years. :) Then we are going to go to church and then when we get home, we are going to open presents.

Tomorrow (Christmas Day) we are staying home, and my grandpa, aunt and her boyfriend are coming over for brunch. We are going to have Egg Bake and some other stuff.

Then on the 26th we are traveling about 2 1/2 hours to my aunt and uncles house, and there will be, my aunt uncle, their 3 kids, my other aunt and uncle, and their son (maybe, he might not come because of hockey practice) and then me, my parents, and my sister :)

dogzr#1
12-24-2005, 01:20 PM
tonight we are going to my grandma's house to open presents. I can't wait. It is REALLY fun. then tommorow we are just staying home. I really wish we would have a white christmas again.

chocolatepuppy
12-24-2005, 03:05 PM
We go to my parents for Christmas Eve, then open presents with the furkids when we get home tonight....Christmas Day we eat dinner at home with the furkids and then to my inlaws. :)

G535
12-24-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm having a quiet Christmas at home with my cat. :)

lisalee
12-25-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm having a quiet Christmas at home with my cat. :)

Awww, that sounds so wonderful! :) Is that your kitty in your avatar?

We went out to eat at the Olive Garden for Christmas eve with my mom and dad, then came back to our place and opened gifts. Today we went to Will's mom's house and visited awhile and then we went to a Chinese restaurant to eat. We were back home nice and early to be with Sash and relax. I had a very nice two days. :)

G535
12-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Awww, that sounds so wonderful! :) Is that your kitty in your avatar?

That's my Finnigan up there! I'll take a better photo of him sometime and do a new avatar, I'm new at all this digital camera stuff.

We are both admirers of your Sash, he is absolutely adorable! :)

lisalee
12-25-2005, 07:13 PM
That's my Finnigan up there! I'll take a better photo of him sometime and do a new avatar, I'm new at all this digital camera stuff.

We are both admirers of your Sash, he is absolutely adorable! :)

Thank you so much! I would just love to see more pictures of Finnigan, he looks so cute! :D