PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad. I lost the diamond off my wedding ring.

Vermontcat
12-23-2005, 07:59 PM
I am so bummed out right now. :(
I was wrapping presents and realized that the heart-shaped diamond on my wedding ring was missing!
I just spent the last few hours looking everywhere for it and I can't find it.
The good news is that I lost it at home so it has to be here somewhere.
Please send me some "Find it" wishes and prayers so I can find it soon.
I have had it for over 17 years.
I got it a couple weeks after I got Samantha and like Samantha it has great sentimental value to me.
If we have to we will buy a whole new ring but it would be a lot easier and less expensive to just get it reset if I could ever find the thing!

christa
12-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Oh gosh! You must be sick! I can't imagine :(

Wishing & hoping that you find your diamond!!! Hope a kitty doesn't find it before you do!

Anita Cholaine
12-23-2005, 08:23 PM
That's not very nice at all! :( Hope you can find it... Think that if you lost it at home, it must be somewhere for sure...

Alysser
12-23-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm so sorry. Hope you find it!

KYS
12-23-2005, 09:34 PM
I hope you find your diamond. :(
My Aunt's 25th anniversary ring lost a diamond twice and had to
be replaced 2 times. (she had it for 25 years before the diamond
fell out the first time.)

The 2nd Jeweler told her she should bring in her diamond ring
yearly to a jeweler to have them check the prongs.
My Aunt learned that the hard way.

caseysmom
12-23-2005, 09:38 PM
That happened to someone at work and it was found! Don't give up hope, a lot of jewlerers will replace it if you got it checked regularly. I think your homeowners may help you out too.

I would turn off the lights and get on the ground with a flashlight, the diamond will catch the light.

Karen
12-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Oh, here's hoping you find it! Have you done any vacuuming? Check the vac contents if so, messy as that'll be ...

And let everyone whose presents you wrapped today know to keep an eye out for it, too!

jenluckenbach
12-24-2005, 05:14 AM
:eek: :eek: YIKES! That is like finding a needle in a haystack. But it can be found. Be patient and persistant.

Barbara
12-24-2005, 05:21 AM
What we say in cases like this is "the house doesn't lose anything". Although it could mean a close analysis of the content of your vacuum or your garbage :(

One time I thought I had lost my mom's sapphire and diamon ring. It was a very elegant art deco piece and she gave it to me after it didn't fit her anymore. I searched for two days all my apartment (and it was MUCH smaller than the place we're in today) and finally found it lying openly on a magazin where it mixed in the pictures and text.

I wish you that much luck as well!

I wonder if you searched with a light in the dark whether it would reflect better?

Vermontcat
12-24-2005, 08:22 AM
I still haven't found it but I'm not giving up yet either.
I know it is somewhere in my bedroom or closet.
My husband helped me clean out and organize the bedroom closet yesterday but we didn't find it in there.
Luckily I had done all my vacuuming in the morning before I lost it.
I did check the trash can in my bedroom but didn't find it there.
My husband looked under the bed and in the heater with a flashlight.
I'm afraid that it may be sealed into one of the presents I wrapped for my kids yesterday.
At least it is just a Christmas at home for us so the presents won't be leaving the house either.
My husband even offered a $100 reward to the kids if they find it.
Christmas may end up being a treasure hunt this year.

KYS, the prongs on the ring always snagged on things but I kept putting off getting it fixed because I didn't want to be without my ring.
I'm really hoping it will turn up somewhere in the next day or two.

AbbyMom
12-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Did you check the shoes in your closet? I lost something n the closet one time and found it only when I pulled out a pair of shoes to wear and found it in the toe of the shoe!

moosmom
12-24-2005, 02:16 PM
What a bummer! :( I'd be down on my hands and knees covering every INCH of that place!!!

I know that sinking feeling when you realize it's not there. I was wearing my late Mother's gold charm bracelet to an annual meeting. It had a charm with my brother's fraternity pin on it. My Mom always used to kid my brother saying, "When you graduate, I want it." (just joking with him) He had it put on a charm for her. It was a heart shaped black onyx with a skull and cross bones on it and encirciled with tiny pearls. It stood for Sigma Phi Epsilon. Anyway, I happened to look down and onyx part was gone! :eek: I found it near my chair!! So, I took it off the bracelet, fixed it and put it in a memory box and gave it back to my brother for Christmas. He was speechless because he knew how much my mother loved it.

I hope you find that stone. Shake everything out! Sending good vibes from beautiful Connecticut!

Toby's my baby
12-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Many wishes coming your way in hopes that you find it!! I hope you dont have to buy a whole new ring!! Good luck!

kimlovescats
12-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Oh how awful!!! :( I hope you find it!!!

Karen
12-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Remembered one more not-obvious place to look! Did you make the bed(s) that morning? Check underneath the mattresses! Lost my whole wedding ring there for a couple weeks once, I had picked up one side to look, but it was on the other side!

Pam
12-24-2005, 05:19 PM
What we say in cases like this is "the house doesn't lose anything".

Good thought! ;) Knowing that it is in the house must give you some peace but I know it has to be maddening. Here's hoping you will get a Christmas Miracle very shortly and it will be found.

What a clever way to inspire the kids to help. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Gosh, how sad! Did it happen to fall out of any present today as they were being unwrapped?

christa
12-25-2005, 08:44 PM
You need my hubby there to help you look!

Today, my mom lost a diamond earring, one that she had got for Christmas from my dad . . . we knew that she'd lost it somewhere in the house or between the house and the car because I saw them on her at breakfast and she realized it was gone in the car, but it wasn't IN the car . . . we had to sit through church this morning worrying ourselves to death about it. When we got home, dad pulled up, my husband got out, walked right over to where she got into the car when we left, bent over and picked it up! I couldn't believe it! He saved the day!

Maybe it will turn up . . . let us know if it does!

Vermontcat
12-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Unfortunately it didn't pop out of any presents this morning. :(
I obsessed over looking through every scrap of gift wrap before I put them in trash bags.
I spent the afternoon searching the bedroom again.
At least my bedroom and closet are getting cleaner in the process.

Karen, we changed the sheets on the bed a few day ago so it would have to be on top of the quilt if it were still on the bed.
Abbymom, my shoes are kept in their boxes on low shelves so it couldn't have fallen into any of my shoes. We did check all around the floor of the closet already.
Moosmom, I have been on my hands and knees searching over and over again.
Christa, I wish your husband could help me.
I keep wishing that it would just show up right in front of me.

ramanth
12-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Oh no! :( I love my heart shaped diamond, so I can just imagine how you feel.

Is the ring under warrenty? My mom has lost many gems out of her rings and the jewelry store always replaces them free of charge.

I hope it turns up! *hugs*

Vermontcat
01-04-2006, 09:10 PM
I keep wishing that it would just show up right in front of me.

YES!!! :D
I finally found it tonight!
It actually did just show up right in front of me!
I was putting away some of my husband's clean clothes in the closet. There were a few shirts on the floor of the closet that I swear we looked through several times already. I just nudged the shirts on the floor with my toe, then suddenly caught a little glimmer on the floor right in front of me!
I knew it had to be in my bedroom or closet.
It has been missing for 12 days and now I finally found it! :)
Now the problem is that 2 days ago, we brought the rest of the ring to a jewelry store to get a new diamond set in it.
Of course the store is closed in the evening so I have to wait until tomorrow morning to call them and see if we can just get the original diamond set back in it and save a whole bunch of money.
They told me it would take about 3 weeks to have the new diamond set, I'm hoping they were still waiting for the diamond to come in and that they didn't start working on it yet.
Anyway, I'm so happy I finally found it! :D
It was driving me crazy knowing that it was so near but that I couldn't find it.

Kfamr
01-04-2006, 09:13 PM
What great news! What a lucky duck you are to have found it. I bet it means so much to you. :D

Killearn Kitties
01-05-2006, 05:20 AM
I was just wondering last night if it had turned up. I'm so pleased you found it. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-05-2006, 07:15 AM
OH YAY!!

I just found this thread - and I was hoping when I got to the end that you ended up finding it.... YAY... I know you are so happy!!!!! :D

christa
01-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Oh good! That is so incredible! Better get that baby set in platnium prongs this time! :D

ramanth
01-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Yay!!! I'm so happy to hear you found it. :D

Cataholic
01-05-2006, 08:43 AM
That is such great news!

Edwina's Secretary
01-05-2006, 10:49 AM
On our first wedding anniversary, my husband gave me a second band with diamonds. I was so excited. SHortly afterwards we went to visit his brother's family. Of course, I showed off my new ring and then went to romp with the new puppy.

The puppy chewed on my ears and my fingers and my clothes. We rolled around on the floor.

When it was time to go to dinner I went to wash my hands....and noticed a diamond was missing from my new ring!

We searched everywhere....used the flashlight looking for the reflection.

I spent the next day checking through the puppy's poop....

So be glad you only had to look in the bedroom and closet!

Glad you found it!

smokey the elder
01-05-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm glad you found your diamond. Maybe you can keep the other one, too. :p

Anita Cholaine
01-05-2006, 11:02 AM
That's awesome!! :D I'm really glad you found it...

Barbara
01-05-2006, 11:05 AM
I love that idea of keeping the other one :D

And I somehow was sure you would find it again. What a happy ending :D

RICHARD
01-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Some thoughts..

When you lose the diamond does that mean you get unmarried?

Did you get 100 dollars?

No vacumning for 12 days? ;)

Are the kids mad that you took the 100 dollars (if your hubby paid)?

Did you get a crick in your neck for walking around looking at the ground for
12 days?

Isn't that the best feeling in the world?

Vermontcat
01-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Some thoughts..

When you lose the diamond does that mean you get unmarried?

I hope not, I will ask my husband if he wants to propose again when the ring is fixed. He originally proposed on horseback on a beautiful fall day at a local ski area.

Did you get 100 dollars?

No, but it was my own fault that it was lost in the first place.

No vacumning for 12 days? ;)

Not in the bedroom, I did break down and vacuum other rooms a few days ago.

Are the kids mad that you took the 100 dollars (if your hubby paid)?

Actually one of my sons told me last night that he was hoping he would have found it. But he did alright this Christmas getting a new guitar and lessons for his big present.

Did you get a crick in your neck for walking around looking at the ground for
12 days?

No, but my knee kept popping every time I bent it from all the time I spent searching on my hands and knees.

Isn't that the best feeling in the world?

YES! :D

I did call the store this morning and they hadn't got the new diamond in yet so they haven't started working on it yet. Since we had a snowstorm today, I will bring in the diamond tomorrow morning. We had to put a deposit on the ring when we left it on Monday. I told them then that if I found the diamond that maybe we could have a matching pendant made with it. But I really want my original diamond on my original ring so that is probably all that we will have done.

sandragonfly
01-05-2006, 01:25 PM
HOORAH! ((:D))

glad you didn't have to x-ray your samantha or had your fingers in her smelly-logs. ;) :p

anna_66
01-05-2006, 01:31 PM
So glad to hear that you found the diamond! Must have been a big *sigh* of relief to you:D

Cookiebaker
01-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow! That's awesome that you found it! You must be soo relieved!!!! Congratulations! :D

My Peanuts
01-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Sometimes I like coming in late to a thread because then I get the good news right away! :D