PDA

View Full Version : My awesome Dad and a new camera:)

Glacier
12-23-2005, 01:29 PM
I have the world's best Dad--I couldn't have asked for better if I'd been able to pick him myself. We are both feeling a little crummy that I couldn't make it down to see my family for Christmas. A couple days ago I got a very generous cheque from him. When I called to thank him, I got very strict instructions on how the money was to be used. Dad said I was not allowed to spend it on the critters, unless the vet bill needed a payment. The vet is completely paid off right now so no worries there! I was directed to spend it on something I really wanted for me. So this morning, I snuck out of the office to go shopping!

I have been wanting a pocket sized digital camera--my old Olympus c-50 is pretty much dead. I wore that poor little camera right out! I love my C-5060, but it's a big camera and I can't carry it a lot of places. Plus I paid a lot of money for it and I'm always terrified of getting it wet or dropping it in the snow! I wanted something I could throw in my sled bag or my kayak and not have to worry about it too much. I was looking at some cheap cameras last week--from brands I have never heard of! But thanks to my Dad's generousity, I was able to purchase an Olympus Stylus 800--pocket-sized, huge viewing screen, weather proof, with several shooting modes and 8 mega-pixels plus a 1GB card so I continue to take masses of pics! All the accessories I had for the C-50 work with this camera! I am well known at the shop I bought it from. I've bought all my cameras there and I use their machines for developing my digital prints. So they knocked a bit off the price and threw in 100 free prints and a little tripod!

I can't wait to try it out! Thanks Dad!

lv4dogs
12-23-2005, 01:37 PM
What a great dad you have, what a lucky daughter you are! Can't wait for pics!

Husky_mom
12-23-2005, 01:55 PM
AWESOME!!! ask you dad if he want to adopt me!! ;)

great we know will be seeing more pics of the pups and cats weeee!!!!

finn's mom
12-23-2005, 02:27 PM
What a great dad, and a great camera shop! That's awesome that they threw in those extras. wow. Get clicking, Tamara, we wanna see some new pictures. ;) What a great gift!

*LabLoverKEB*
12-23-2005, 02:43 PM
AWESOME!!! ask you dad if he want to adopt me!! ;)

great we know will be seeing more pics of the pups and cats weeee!!!!
LOL! You crack me up, Husky_mom!
Lucky for you! A new camera is always sooo exciting! Can't wait to see pics! :)

Toby's my baby
12-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Thats great!! What an awsome dad!! :) Hope this means lots more pictures! ;) :D

Daisy and Delilah
12-23-2005, 05:02 PM
WOW!! :eek: Your Dad must know how much we enjoy pictures of your dogs Glacier. Congrats!! He is a great Dad!! :D

dukedogsmom
12-23-2005, 06:20 PM
You know what that means, don't you? Even more pics of those gorgeous dogs! What a great present. Sounds like a really nice camera.

cyber-sibes
12-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Wow! what an awesome gift, can't wait to see some new pictures!

cloverfdx
12-24-2005, 11:57 AM
What a great Dad, enjoy your gift Glacier :D.

anna_66
12-26-2005, 10:25 AM
What a wonderful dad you have there! I'm so glad you were able to get the camera you wanted and waterproof to boot. Sound like exactly what you needed!

king2005
12-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Wow, such family love :)

Good digi cameras rock :) Hope you have fun taking hundreds & thousands of photos with it :)

kimlovescats
12-26-2005, 01:10 PM
That's awesome! Congratulations! ;)