PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I let KAK down badly. :(

AmberLee
12-23-2005, 12:23 PM
*sigh* I feel like a lousy friend. I offered to take her to the airport (note: I am paranoid about going to the airport. I'm not QUITE one of those who insists on getting there a day early and waiting ... but close.) and when I went to start my car it was dead, dead, dead, dead, DEAD. Fortuanately, she just barely had enough time to get a cab, but ... Dang.

The AAA guy tested, I need a new battery. I should have wheels within a few hours, but it's too late now. Dang.

I hope your Christmas improves, KAK. So sorry to let you down. :(

kimlovescats
12-23-2005, 01:15 PM
These things happen, I'm sure Tracey understands that! ;)
At least she got off on time!

(hugs) and Merry Christmas!
Kim

Barbara
12-23-2005, 01:25 PM
I don't think you had a chance to notice before. If it starts to get colder, a battery can decide quickly to leave the job.

KAK will understand.

rg_girlca
12-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Oh gosh, you didn't let Tracey down. My goodness, this is something that you could not have foreseen. It's unfortunate that it had to happen and Tracey will definitely understand, but I know you still feel bad about it. She got to the airport on time and that is the main thing.

((((((HUGS))))))

jenluckenbach
12-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Oh my! This was pure coincidence. It was not letting a friend down. This stuff happens without warning.

Unlike the time I promised to kitty sit a former foster and TOTALLY forgot to show up to get the cat. :eek: (to this day, I have no idea what she did with the kitty for that weekend) :o

So don't be too hard on yourself. :)

catmandu
12-23-2005, 04:06 PM
These Things Happen Jen,we Know That You Are A Person Of Quality And That You Would Never Let Anyone Down,if You Can Help It.

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2005, 07:11 PM
AmberLee, Please don't feel bad. I made it to the airport in plenty of time to catch my flight. The plane left on time and arrived at the airport 15 minutes early so we had to sit and wait for 5 minutes before heading to the runway. I'm using my Dad's computer in San Clemente and he only has dial up but it's a faster connection than you get up North.

I hope that you were able to get your car fixed and that you have a safe trip to your parents house tomorrow. I'm glad that you weren't stranded some where when your car decided not to start. Have a great Christmas and a very wonderful New Year too. :)

AmberLee
12-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Total number of jump starts today: 4 (that battery was even stubbornner than I, hard as it is to believe!)

Total number of tows to garage: 1

Total hours spent at garage even though the initial estimate was 1 to 2 hours: a smidge over 8 hours -- but they gave me a 10% discount, and one free part that had a name I don't remember because it was soooo much longer than they had estimated

I don't want to think about the total. They kept finding other things wrong... *pout*

All told, I'd drather have taked KAK to the airport!

Tracey, I'm so glad to read that you got there safely. Have a BLAST! {{{hugs}}}