PDA

View Full Version : Poor Hobo- Help Needed:(

joanofark
12-23-2005, 08:13 AM
Here is our problem, I just got a new puppy, Ace. He is a tiny little thing, smaller than Hobo. As soon as we brought him through the downstairs door Hobo ran and hid under my parents bed upatairs and never comes out. Yesterday he would never eat, go to the bathroom (The littler box is downstairs) or anything. We got him out finally and fed him but we couldn't even get him to go near the downstairs or he would hiss and growl and throw a fit until he can go to his "Safe Spot". Right now, we just managed to get Hobo in the garage, downstairs while Ace is in his cage in the same room. But Hobo is sittting by the door and won't budge.

So my question is, is there any ways to get them to snif eachother or get to know eachother? They are going to be living in the same house and Hobo can't be scared of him.

catmandu
12-23-2005, 08:16 AM
Hobo may well be scraed of the Puppies high energy,and barking.
This sound like a case where you switch them back and forth in different rooms until they get used to each other.
Good Luck on making them into Companions!

aki
12-23-2005, 12:09 PM
It will just take some time. Chuck HATED our dog at first. But now he just loves her and they snuggle and everything. It took almost a year for him to warm up to her.

Good luck and be patient. They will get used to each other. :D