PDA

View Full Version : Another Sad Rescued Baby.....

QueenScoopalot
12-22-2005, 10:03 PM
I got a call from the vets office two days ago (seeing as the local Animal Control doesn't deal with cats) about a sick kitten they got a call about. Well I hightailed it down there after work, armed with nets, traps etc. I asked where the kitten was, and the guy who had called said the kitten & it's littermate were there all morning. I searched for quite a while before I spotted a tiny kitten in the business next door huddled under a boat. I had to drive there, and grabbed my net, mackeral, and got set to get the tiny baby. The temps have been mostly in the 20s & 30s...so brrr! I threw some mackeral hoping the kitten wouldn't run, but she did, and fell over into the mud! :eek: Needless to say, I had her in the net a moment later. She's not sick at all, but a miraculous little survivor with cerebellar hypoplasia. How this baby survived is beyond me! :confused: I tried for her littermate who is four times her size, but didn't catch him. I took the wee girl home, and when I put her on the floor she did somersaults! :eek: How she made it a distance of probably 30-40 feet from her original place is baffling. I named her "Whoopsie Daisy"...Daisy for short. Off to catch her littermate in the morning if all goes well, and their mom who acts like a dumped cat. :( Daisy is a sweetheart already, and if things go well, I may have a home for her. :)

rg_girlca
12-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Gosh Jan, you really go beyond the call of duty. Daisy sounds like a real trooper. I pray that all goes well for her and that you are able to catch her mom and siblings.

Sending prayers and postitives thoughts out to you.

orangemm
12-23-2005, 04:37 AM
LUCKY Daisy is more like it! Poor babies, out in the cold like that. Good luck with your next round of capturing the mom and the other sibling.

People are so cruel and insensitive, just dumping animals like that.

Sweet Daisy, I hope you find a furrever home.

jenluckenbach
12-23-2005, 05:13 AM
DAISY! A real survivor. :D Hope you get the litter mate soon, too.

trayi52
12-23-2005, 07:51 AM
Sounds like Daisy is a little miracle kitty! Hope you can catch the littermates and mom. I have faith that you will, because Jan always gets her kitties! Regular Miracle Woman and Wonderwoman!

Willie :)

smokey the elder
12-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Diva and I hope that you find a good home for sweet Daisy! Good job!

catmandu
12-23-2005, 08:34 AM
You have earnedanother Gold Star at the Rainbow Bridge for rescuing Daisy.
We hope that your kindness will enable you to take in the Mother and Littermate so they arenot Poor Lost Cats anymore.
God will Bless You for caring One Fine Day.

aki
12-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Pic?

I need a kitten fix today! :)

~Aki

kimlovescats
12-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Awww, great job Jan! I love her name!!!! :D

moosmom
12-23-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm glad you got her. Crossed paws and fingers coming from freezing frickin Connecticut!!! I'll pray you get the others.

QueenScoopalot
12-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Well Daisy has been joined by her littermate who looks and acts like a normal hissy feral. :eek: No signs of mom cat this morning, but I left plenty of food, and will hopefully be able to trap her by Monday. Unless the places are open tomorrow, but I have my doubts. Sweet little Whoopsie Daisy seems very happy to have her (haven't looked, but a good guess) brother with her. :) And as it goes....he really isn't that much bigger than her! Optical illusion combined with bitter cold temps. two days ago I guess lol! :rolleyes: Sorry Aki...no camera = no pictures. :(

kimlovescats
12-23-2005, 06:58 PM
So glad you caught her sibling!!! Come on mom cat! ;)