PDA

View Full Version : I'm missing my little boy...

Alysser
12-22-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm sorry. I know this is pathetic but Sunny, my parakeet, ment the world to me. He was the best parakeet ever and I really miss him. Last april we went to Petco and saw parakeets. We did a bunch of reasearch and the day finally came when I got my parakeets. A lutino mix. Sunny. And a Albino parakeet star. We were told his life had been hard but we don't know many details. We heard he had been owned by a bird hoader who had over fifty birds and had lived in horrible conditions for over 10 years! That's all they knew. He was so sweet! I trained him pretty well and held him alot when I could. Eveyrtime you said "OUCH" he would look at you and chirp. Everytie you went in front of the cage he'd go by the door. He only had one normal christmas in his life before he died. We don't know how old he was. But it was probably around 11-12. They could live 17 years. I miss him especially now :( :(Thanks for letting me vent.

Biscuit's Mom
12-23-2005, 09:08 PM
You are NOT "pathetic"!!!!

I'm sorry for your loss and all of us know how these little creations of God affect us so. Sunny knew love while he was with you. You can be happy for that.

Robin (aka Biscuit's Mom)

poofy
12-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Thats ok..we all have had losses and understand how it feels :)

Miss Z
12-24-2005, 03:21 AM
I still get upset about my mini lop rabbit, Bo-peep, who died over 3 years ago, and all the other pets i've lost since then! It's perfectly normal to feel at a loss about these things. I know it seems useless at the time when people tell you this, but Sunny had a good life with you and will now be enjoying himself at the RB (and painting pictures i'm sure;) )

crazy_caique
12-24-2005, 09:42 AM
This is normal to miss any pet you have lost.I had to leave my 3 cats when I moved(Sendbad,Salvester,and Cupcake)I still miss them(this was years ago).Sendbad and I had a strong bond.

Alysser
12-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys! I feel better about him now.