PDA

View Full Version : My turn to ask for prayers

momoffuzzyfaces
12-22-2005, 03:44 PM
I need to ask for the wonderful Pet Talk prayers now.
Long story short, the house I rent needs extensive repairs which the land lady is not willing to do. I need to move but will have trouble finding a place that will let me take my kids.

Please pray that things work out for us. I won't give them up even if I have to live in my car!!! This couldn't come at a worse time, health wise for me.
Thanks ever so much
connie, chester, leonardo, luke, & grandma

lv4dogs
12-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Good luck sweetie! I'm sure something will come along.

slick
12-22-2005, 03:50 PM
MOFF, you know I pray for you every day. Have faith....everything will work out. It just has to!
{{{mega hugs}}} xoxoxoxoxo

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-22-2005, 03:51 PM
I need to ask for the wonderful Pet Talk prayers now.

DONE!

RICHARD
12-22-2005, 03:55 PM
First you write a long letter to the City (do you have a health and safety section??) and tell them that you are concerned that the next person may have problems if they rent this place-electrical problems and any other problems that she may NOT want to fix.

And you got some prayers on the way.

davidpizzica
12-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Connie, continuous Pittsburgh prayers will be coming your way! Please don't worry too much, I know something will come up. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you, Connie!

Anita Cholaine
12-22-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm sorry... Hope everything works out for you and your kids....
(((((sending hugs)))))

Daisy and Delilah
12-22-2005, 04:14 PM
My thoughts and prayers are coming to you. How awful for this to happen now. I'm hoping that something good comes along :)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-22-2005, 04:15 PM
First you write a long letter to the City (do you have a health and safety section??) and tell them that you are concerned that the next person may have problems if they rent this place-electrical problems and any other problems that she may NOT want to fix.

And you got some prayers on the way.
Thanks for the prayers but the city is the reason I'll need to move. Seems the sewer has collapsed and is backing up into the basement and needs replaced. She won't go for that especially after needing the electrical work done the other day. It was the electricians who turned the place in.

She would rather tear the place down, so I'll need to exit fast. I have 29 years of junk to get rid of too. :(

lizbud
12-22-2005, 04:21 PM
I remember you mentioning old, faulty electrical wiring at your place
and I was concerned about your safety there.I'm glad you will be moving
to a safer place with the furkids. As you said before, the timeing is bad
for having to make those choices right now, but I pray God will continue
to look out for you and something opens up quickly. Prayers for a safer
and better place to live.

Lady's Human
12-22-2005, 04:42 PM
MOFF, PT Prayers on the way. Something will come up. These things are never pleasant, but It's better to find a place with a landlord who will fix things than put up with continuous maintenance issues.

zippy-kat
12-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Prayers are definitely on the way, my dear! :( I'm so sorry to hear of this news but, at the same time, safety is important... {{that doesn't make it any easier on you, I know.}}

It will all work out - like Slick says, it just has to!

{{Connie}}

jenluckenbach
12-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Many prayers for a safe and speedy move. Everything happens for a reason, so too does this.

WolvesRawk
12-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I hope things get better for you!

Cincy'sMom
12-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Prayers coming your way. Try to remember when God closes a door, he opens window. I hope you are find a better place to live quickly!

tatsxxx11
12-22-2005, 05:44 PM
See Connie, everyone here agrees with me too! You need to be in a safe place, in good repair, not in a place that threatens your well being, physically and emotionally! Still can't understand why the homeowner is responsible for the sewer line though! In the northeast, at least around here, it's the town's business! You need to get out of there Connie and you know, maybe this upheaval happened for a reason! And you can find a place that will take the kitties, it might just take a bit of searching and positive thinking. Chin up and don't despair. You have friends and family that are here for you!
{{{HUGS}}}

momoffuzzyfaces
12-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Thanks everyone! I feel better with all you praying for me.
Sandra, here our city only takes care of the sewer lines to the property line. The rest is the homeowner's responsibility. Remember, this IS Kansas and we don't always do things logically. ;)

Ginger's Mom
12-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Prayers going out that you will find a safe and pleasant place to live with all of your babies.

JenBKR
12-22-2005, 08:15 PM
(((hugs))) and prayers coming your way. The Lord has a plan for you, take comfort in the knowledge that He knows what He is doing (even though you may not!) Good luck!

Karen
12-22-2005, 09:07 PM
You will be in our prayers!

anna_66
12-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Putting you on my list of prayers:)

AmberLee
12-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Oh, MOFF! {{{Hugs}}}, prayers, and >^._.^< headbumpies >^._.^< coming your way, dear.

shais_mom
12-22-2005, 11:52 PM
prayers sent for you Connie!

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2005, 01:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks dear friends. Please keep the prayers coming. It's hard enough to be alone at Christmas but the fear I will lose my cats has me almost paralized. I keep telling myself God is with me but I feel so lonesome! :(

catland
12-23-2005, 05:45 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: What your landlord is doing is both illegal and immoral. :mad: .

I did a quick google on tenant landlord kansas, and found this at www.hcci-ks.org.

Landlord Responsibilities and Improvements
KANSAS LAW
If a place you are renting out is not in compliance with state law and the rental agreement at the time tenants are to move in, Kansas law says that the tenants have the right to give you a written five-day notice (doesn't say from when or to when), move out, and get all of their money back. If an unacceptable condition is deemed willful and not in good faith, a tenant can even get 1 1/2 times the rent or 1 1/2 times his or her cash losses, whichever is greater.

In Steele v. Latimer, a 1974 Kansas Supreme Court decision, a Wichita woman and her five children were awarded the refund of a substantial amount of back rent in an eviction case because the landlord had knowingly not made needed repairs. Since then, citing this case and provisions of the Kansas Residential Landlord and Tenant Act, many tenants have successfully defended themselves and won counterclaims based on the implied warranty of habitability that all landlords in Kansas are expected to provide places that are basically decent, safe, and sound.

Specifically, you are required to:

-- Keep your rental unit in compliance with city or county building or housing codes.

-- Maintain areas of the building and the grounds outside which are open to all tenants. Common areas such as hallways, parking lots, stairways, sidewalks, and laundry rooms are a few examples.

-- Make sure there is an adequate supply of hot and cold running water.

-- Supply heating facilities capable of maintaining a room temperature of 70 degrees. (On these last two, the landlord does not necessarily have to pay for the utility services, but he or she must provide the equipment and it must work.)

-- Maintain all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in good and safe working order.

-- Maintain all appliances that are provided with the property. This would include such things as stove, refrigerator, and window air conditioners. (If there is an appliance in the property that you do not want to be responsible for but you are willing to leave for the tenants for their use, you should note that in writing somewhere and keep a copy.)

-- Make sure there is some way to appropriately store and remove garbage and trash from the premises. You do not necessarily have to pay for these services, but you must make sure they are available.

Tenants have the right to expect that repairs and routine maintenance items get taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. You need to keep in mind that "reasonable" in this case may, unfortunately, be a little less time than you would allow if the repair or maintenance was needed in your own home. Part of your responsibility as a landlord is to provide service and, whereas you might decide to live with some problem or let something go in your own home because you had other priorities, a tenant may not feel the same way and does not have that responsibility.

You could be liable for damages (money losses) to the tenant if you do not take care of maintenance or repairs in a reasonable amount of time. For instance, if a refrigerator goes out in the first 24 hours, the law may look upon the event as an act of God. After that, if you have not tried to provide repairs or replacement at least on a temporary basis, you might be liable for the tenant's food spoilage and/or for the tenant having to eat out for a time. Another example would be where heavy rains cause unexpected flooding in below-level rooms or apartments. The tenants should try to get the furniture up on blocks or do whatever can be done on an emergency basis to prevent damage to the property and furniture. But, after that, the landlord has a responsibility to respond on an emergency basis - get the carpeting water-vacuumed or even pulled up, take care of drying out the unit and/or, if necessary, temporarily or permanently relocate the tenant. Major problems are usually covered by insurance. Regardless, the landlord needs to act.

------
I'm so sorry you are going through this right now - I hope things work out for you and your kitties. Prayers on the way.

lizbud
12-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks dear friends. Please keep the prayers coming. It's hard enough to be alone at Christmas but the fear I will lose my cats has me almost paralized. I keep telling myself God is with me but I feel so lonesome! :(

Aw moff, you are never alone as long as you have the furkids and us.
I believe folks here couldn't feel closer than if we lived next door. :)
Hang in there. You are in my prayers.

K9soul
12-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Connie, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I truly hope when all this gets worked out, you and the furry ones will be in a much better place! Hugs to you Connie :)

jenluckenbach
12-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Any chance you can move closer to PA???? We'd make great neighbors. :D

crazy_caique
12-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Prayers on the way for you and your furkids

smokey the elder
12-24-2005, 07:33 AM
I'm sorry you have this situation. Have you documented all the problems? This will give you ammunition if you decide to take your landlady to court. (It may be wise to wait until you have a new place.)

I have been very fortunate with landlords over the years. I don't envy you. It's a real crapshoot, especially if you're renting a house.

Vermontcat
12-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Sending prayers to you, hoping that you can find a nice new home soon.
Sending hugs too, you have a lot of friends here at Pet Talk who care about you and your kitties.

Randi
12-24-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm sending positive thoughts your way, MOFF. I really hope you'll get this sorted out and find a better place to live - with your furkids!! :)

((((((Hugs))))))

momoffuzzyfaces
12-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks everyone! Well, my land lady called me at 8 last night. Seems the plumbers didn't call her (the chickens!!) I told her what they said. She was calm and didn't scream but said she can't put a new sewer in. So, I told her I was looking for a place and would move as soon as possible but need time; probably 2 to 3 months at least. She said she will call them next week, maybe the city will be compassionate and give me a break. If not, I'll call them and tell them I'm disabled and my blood pressure is back up near the danger range again because of this and they can call my doctor.

One thing that happened this morning has me cheered up considerable. I found a sheet of paper in my Bible. In 2003, I made a list of 8 things I needed and asked God to supply. He has answered 5, and now is working on the 6th!
Guess I can't get upset when He's just doing what I asked, eh?
Just think, next Christmas, in a home of my own!

This is sure a stinkin way to clean house though! ;) :D

zippy-kat
12-24-2005, 11:12 AM
:) Tis the season for miracles!

I'm so glad to see your sense of humor shining through all of this.

{{Again, please know we're holding you close in thoughts and prayers.}}

slick
12-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh MOFF.....this truly bring tears to my eyes. See?? God never lets us down. I'll say a special prayer for you at tonight's Midnight Mass.

{{{hugs}}}

Rachel
12-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Connie, please reach out to as many social service agencies as you can locate to see if anyone knows anyone else who can help. There are resources out there but you just have to find them, not always an easy task. But you need to figuratively knock on as many doors as you can. Maybe even put an ad in the paper about what kind of tenant you are and what you need. You'd be surprised, more and more landlords are opening up to pets, since the rental vacancy rate is up with more people purchasing their own homes. This *problem* may just be a blessing in disguise.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Please keep the prayers coming.
Thank you all so much.

kimlovescats
12-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Keep your Faith just like you are doing. God will see you through this, and we will all keep lifting you up in prayer!

((((HUGS))))
Kim

pnance
12-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Prayers for you. I just helped friends of mine move after 15 years in the same place because their landlord wanted to sell. It was hard for them and they didn't actually find a place until 5 days before they had to be out, then had to get 15 years of stuff moved. It wasn't easy, but take heart in the fact they ended up in a much better home that they absolutely love

momoffuzzyfaces
12-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Just chatted with the landlady. She is to talk to to code officer tomorrow and see if they will let me stay here until I can find a house. She also suggested I move into an apartment for a while. Guess she forgot I have cats. I can't afford to move twice anyway. This house has been in violation of codes since I moved in 29 years ago. Why the fuss now?

I called the code officer myself. He's out sick but his secretery said she will have him call me tomorrow if he's back. I should know then how long I have before I have to be out.

On the positive side, I called the real estate agency and they did call my brother this morning. I don't know if they connected yet but it's in the works.

Please keep the wonderful prayers coming.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Your prayers are working - please don't stop!

I talked to the codes officer this morning. He is willing to work with me as long as I keep in touch. I need to call him in 30 days! What a load off my mind that they aren't going to drag me out of here!!!!

Thank you all so much! :)

JenBKR
12-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Yay, what great news! Now you can sit back and relax - we'll keep up the prayers ;)

Randi
12-28-2005, 10:36 AM
MOFF, I'm glad you're in touch with the code officer. This seems to give you some time to sort things out. :) It's a good idea to get your doctor involved too. ;)

I'll keep sending positive thoughts that you find a nice place where you can bring along your kitties.

All the best of luck - keep your spirit high!

Vio&Juni
12-28-2005, 11:41 AM
In the meantime, keep looking for a new place, you never know what you can find. I just moved this summer and I was terrified that I won't be able to find a place where they'd let me stay with two cats, but I found a very nice place, newly repaired, more space (I only wish the electrical wiring was better). Good luck!

jenluckenbach
12-28-2005, 05:22 PM
This is great news. But yes, keep looking. I ended up moving (actually buying a house, when I thought that would NEVER be possible) because of the kitties. I feared that one day the appartment I was in would be sold and the new owners would 1) raise the rent and 2) not allow cats.

More prayers coming your way.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-30-2005, 05:44 PM
YOUR PRAYERS ARE WORKING!!! :D

I went and saw the perfect house for me this afternoon! So warm and quiet. It's insulated! And has lots of closets and cupboards. It's like it was made just for me and has been waiting for me!!!!

My brother is going to buy it for me!!!! :D
I'm so excited!!!

Ready for some goosebumps? Here's the description I wrote in 2003 about the house I was asking God for: A nice one story house - with good plumbing, heating, and electricity - nice and warm in the winter - cool in the summer. (this house has central heat and ac) Sturdy and not needing any repairs. One I can have my cats in - must have easy access with few stairs and close to car parking so I can unload groceries easily. Affordable- low rent or no rent. Well insualted against the outside noises - in quiet neighborhood.

This house is everyone of those things and more!!!! :D :D :D
Please keep the prayers coming! I won't rest easy until it's a done deal!
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! :D

HUGS and KISSES to you all!

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2005, 05:47 PM
This is wonderful news!!! :D I'm sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way. I sure hope that you get this wonderful house. :D

davidpizzica
12-30-2005, 05:49 PM
YOUR PRAYERS ARE WORKING!!! :D

I went and saw the perfect house for me this afternoon! So warm and quiet. It's insulated! And has lots of closets and cupboards. It's like it was made just for me and has been waiting for me!!!!

My brother is going to buy it for me!!!! :D
I'm so excited!!!

Ready for some goosebumps? Here's the description I wrote in 2003 about the house I was asking God for: A nice one story house - with good plumbing, heating, and electricity - nice and warm in the winter - cool in the summer. (this house has central heat and ac) Sturdy and not needing any repairs. One I can have my cats in - must have easy access with few stairs and close to car parking so I can unload groceries easily. Affordable- low rent or no rent. Well insualted against the outside noises - in quiet neighborhood.

This house is everyone of those things and more!!!! :D :D :D
Please keep the prayers coming! I won't rest easy until it's a done deal!
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! :D

HUGS and KISSES to you all!
Prayers coming your way, Connie for that house TO BE YOURS!!

jenluckenbach
12-30-2005, 05:50 PM
God bless!!!!!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I wish I could do that in person.

I'll be prayiong until the day you move in (and then until the day you unpack....and then until the day you ..... ) well, you get the idea.

HURRAY !!

kb2yjx
12-30-2005, 05:54 PM
I just read the posts and held my breathe the entire time!! I took my glasses off when I read about your brother buying the house for you!!! What a miracle!!! How wonderful for you and the kitties!!! Still will send prayers your way, just to be sure!!

kimlovescats
12-30-2005, 05:55 PM
PRAISE GOD!!!! How wonderful!!!

((((HUGS))))
Kim

Oggyflute
12-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Good news Connie, I'm sure it will be a done deal. Best thoughts and wishes to you. :)

lizbud
12-30-2005, 06:00 PM
The new place sounds like heaven. I'm so happy for you. :)

jenluckenbach
12-30-2005, 06:07 PM
I took my glasses off when I read about your brother buying the house for you!!!
YES! This part did have me floored! It is good to know some people have brothers better than the ones I have.

shais_mom
12-30-2005, 06:21 PM
that's awesome news Connie!!!

Karen
12-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Yay! Congratulations! And give your brother a big hug from all of us!

gini
12-30-2005, 07:00 PM
I am not sure there is anyone on this forum that deserves this turn of events more than you MOFF!

I am SOOOO happy for you!

xxoo

RedHedd
12-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Congratulations. God does give us what we pray for and it's always on God's timetable. I know when things fall into place almost effortlessly, it is God's will and not mine. I just do the footwork and leave the rest up to my Higher Power. Your brother sounds like a gem! You're one lucky lady!

slick
12-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Oh my Lord, MOFF....am I really reading correctly??? You have a new house??
**gets down on knees**
Thanks God....I knew you wouldn't let her down.

I'm going to call you tomorrow afternoon, OK??? :)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Logan
12-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Connie, I am so relieved to read through the entire message here and understand that a wonderful alternative is possible for you.

Please know that you and your furry ones are in my prayers.

Logan :)

trayi52
12-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Connie, prayers are on the way. It won't be long and you and the furkids will find the perfect home for all of you to live in together. As I said the prayers are going up for you right now.

Hugs and prayers,
Willie

Killearn Kitties
12-31-2005, 11:49 AM
This house sounds perfect! I hope everything goes smoothly and you can move in to a fantastic new home in 2006! :D

Edwina's Secretary
12-31-2005, 01:28 PM
What a brother!!!!! Wow MOFF......what a great way to start the year..... :D :D :D

AmberLee
12-31-2005, 02:07 PM
What wonderful news! I, too, am thrilled for you. Now shifting prayers for an easy, stressfree move!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2005, 02:57 PM
Oh my Lord, MOFF....am I really reading correctly??? You have a new house??
**gets down on knees**
Thanks God....I knew you wouldn't let her down.

I'm going to call you tomorrow afternoon, OK??? :)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoWell, I don't have it yet but I found one and my brother is waiting on more info from the agency.
If they don't have one they think I'll like better to see, it looks very very good! :D

Slick I hope you are feeling better. You can call anytime you want! :D (except if I'm on line --- I still have dial up you know?) ;)

K9soul
12-31-2005, 03:56 PM
Connie, what happy, joyous, wonderful news!! Oh I'm SO happy for you! Yes those prayers sure do work don't they? Big happy hugs to you!

captain
01-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I only read about your home issues in the BAR ....... but here I am with fingers crossed and special {{{HUGS}}} for your brother ....... :D

Cincy'sMom
01-02-2006, 09:52 PM
What great news!! Paws and fingers crossed the new house will work out for you!

pnance
01-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Congats, it sounds like a great house.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-03-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm going to take another walk through tomorrow. She wants to show me another house too. My brother wants me to see more than one. I'll go look but it will be hard to beat this first one! Since he is buying it, I'll do it his way! ;) :D

JenBKR
01-03-2006, 11:41 AM
How wonderful!! Reminds me of one of my favorite bible verses: (Romans 8:28) 'We know that God works all things out for good for those who love God, who are called according to His plan.'

I will keep you in my prayers, and what an incredible brother you have! Good luck!

Vio&Juni
01-03-2006, 02:02 PM
I will think about you so it works the best for you!

Rachel
01-03-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm going to take another walk through tomorrow. She wants to show me another house too. My brother wants me to see more than one. I'll go look but it will be hard to beat this first one! Since he is buying it, I'll do it his way! ;) :D

Oh, Connie, this is wonderful news. God bless your brother. I can't wait until you are all settled in.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh, Connie, this is wonderful news. God bless your brother. I can't wait until you are all settled in.
Me too, Rachel! Me too!

anna_66
01-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm so glad to hear that everything is working out for you!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Please keep the prayers coming!
I talked to my brother last night and he is going to offer for the house I like so much! Please pray that they accept!!!!
oh, will my tummy EVER settle down? :)

slick
01-06-2006, 12:09 PM
I just know that this is the one for you....it just has to be! Continuing prayers for you sweetie.

jenluckenbach
01-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Oh, I have goose bumps. This is so exciting! :D Prayers on the way.

davidpizzica
01-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Connie, that's the greatest news ever! {{{{HUGS}}}} and Pittsburgh prayers that you can close on your dream house!

gini
01-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Connie, this thrills me no end! Here it is only January 6th and we have such good news to share.

We will want pictures when you know it is a done deal!!

xxoo to you

zippy-kat
01-06-2006, 01:14 PM
woo hoo!!

*crossing my fingers and sending more prayers*

Edwina's Secretary
01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
oooooo the excitment builds!

JenBKR
01-06-2006, 01:29 PM
What great news! I can't wait to hear what happens :D

Randi
01-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Oh MOFF, I so hope you get the house you like!! I'll be sending positive thoughts! :)

Rachel
01-06-2006, 01:53 PM
oooooo the excitment builds!

Yes, indeedy!

AmberLee
01-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Fingers and toes and a number of paws crossed here, too!

And a >^._.^< headbumpy or two >^._.^< for luck!

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2006, 01:31 AM
Lots of positive thoughts and a few prayers are being sent your way. :)