PDA

View Full Version : nauseous when I wake up (NOT pregnant)

lv4dogs
12-22-2005, 02:01 PM
For the last 2 years I have felt nauseous in the mornings and anytime I wake up, like if I take a nap or wake up in the middle of the night.

2 years ago when this first started it was not all the time, usually only if I didn't get enogh sleep or if I had to eliminate myself. And I would only feel nauseous for about 5-15 minutes. At first it would happen once a week or so.

Over the years it has worsened. Slowly it started to happen more frequently & lasted longer.

For the last 5 or so months or so it has been EVERY morning and it lasts now for 25-70 minutes.

It makes no difference if I eat before I go to bed or not, if I eat when I get up or not, doesn't matter how much sleep I get or if I have to go to the bathroom or anything. And this happens AS SOON as I wake up. I start feeling nauseous within a matter of seconds if that, like before I can even shut off my alarm clock.

I have no other symptoms, no heartburn or indegestion or anything.

I am a little stressed out sometimes but not that often and for that long.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Yes I am going to the doctor but they can't get me in for another month.

Husky_mom
12-22-2005, 02:08 PM
my hubby has teh same thing but it stops as soon as he get in the shower, and he went to get himself checked because like you said it was caused no matter what he did or didn´t do/ate/etc., and they told him it was probably caused in its mayority by stress, so maybe that tha case with you too, anyway its awful to feel like that, hope you gets better

buttercup132
12-22-2005, 02:14 PM
i dont get neasua but when im sleeping and its only on the weekend i get really bad gas stomach aches they kil so bad and i have to wake up so i wake up at like 6-8 every weekend i dont get any sleep,it better not be like that over the holidays

catland
12-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Yikes - that sounds miserable.

How soon do you eat breakfast in the morning?

Have you tried having something munch on as soon as you wake up, like 7-up and/or saltine crackers? I know thats a trick some pregnant women use. You could probably just google words like "nausea remedy causes" and come up with information.

Time for disclaimer here - I am not a medical professional - it could be caused by something very simple or something very serious so please do keep your doctor's appt.

good luck.

lv4dogs
12-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Yikes - that sounds miserable.

How soon do you eat breakfast in the morning?

Have you tried having something munch on as soon as you wake up, like 7-up and/or saltine crackers? I know thats a trick some pregnant women use. You could probably just google words like "nausea remedy causes" and come up with information.

Time for disclaimer here - I am not a medical professional - it could be caused by something very simple or something very serious so please do keep your doctor's appt.

good luck.

Yeah it stinks, since it is happening every morning now I have been getting up a half hour early in the monring so I can get everything I need to get done on time. Most mornings I spend about 15-30 minutes just sitting there cause I feel so yucky.

I usually don't eat until 1-2 hours after I wake up. I have tried eating right away but it doesn't help at all. So now I just wait until I am hungry to eat.

And yeah, I figured it has to be either something very simple or something very serious, doesn't really seem like something that would be in the middle. I will keep my Dr's appt. because I HATE feeling like this.

Vio&Juni
12-22-2005, 03:16 PM
I have the same problem and lately it got worse - I had some tests done and they revealed a bacteria - Hellicobacteria Pyllori (sp?) and some other small problems. I have to start taking medication - I will start next week and I hope it will get better. All my co-workers kept making fun of me saying that I might be pregnant :)

lv4dogs
12-22-2005, 03:19 PM
I have the same problem and lately it got worse - I had some tests done and they revealed a bacteria - Hellicobacteria Pyllori (sp?) and some other small problems. I have to start taking medication - I will start next week and I hope it will get better. All my co-workers kept making fun of me saying that I might be pregnant :)

Did you have any other symptoms?
How long have you felt nauseous like that?

Vio&Juni
12-22-2005, 03:26 PM
A while - but for a long time it was just now and then, now it happens more often and several times I had to "talk to the bushes" on the way to work in the Central park :o

One think made me feel better - no milk at all. I am sure the doctors will prescribe a strict diet and I am pretty careful with what I eat already.

lv4dogs
12-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that milk makes me feel worse (if I drink it right before bed or within the first 1-2 hours after I wake up).

What HP test did you have done? (I've been reading up about it)

Do you have any indegestion symptoms? Like I NEVER have heartburn or the like. :confused:

kimlovescats
12-22-2005, 07:13 PM
You might have your blood sugar tested. If you are having morning low readings, that can make you feel nauseated. Does diabetes run in your family at all?

Hope you find out what is causing it, and get feeling better!

Kim

Corinna
12-22-2005, 07:19 PM
If not diabetes you could have low blood sugar symptoms , which they find can be the precorser to diabetes (my case I had low blood sugars from age 12 -30 then became diabetic)

lv4dogs
12-23-2005, 08:49 AM
I doubt it's diabetes, my nephew does have diabetes (type 1) that they though was hereditary, but no one else in our family has diabetes. We test ourselves fairly often and it's always comes out ok.
My blood pressure has always been perfect too. The doctors always compliment me on that.

kimboe
12-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Do you have a Carbon Monoxide Detector
Most systom of Carbon monoxide are Flu-like systems, feeling tired.
If it has been lastng for awhile i would consider getting a dectector. It could be mild right now but what if the gas level rises??( causes death )

lv4dogs
12-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Do you have a Carbon Monoxide Detector
Most systom of Carbon monoxide are Flu-like systems, feeling tired.
If it has been lastng for awhile i would consider getting a dectector. It could be mild right now but what if the gas level rises??( causes death )

I don't feel tired & nothing in my home runs off of gas and this happens even when I am away from my house for a few days. My furnace runs off of Kerosene or fuel oil (either or or both), and everything else (hot water, oven etc...) is electric. Can you still have a CM leak from kerosene or fuel oil or something else?

kimboe
12-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Yep!
Carbon Monoxide is produced by the incomplete combustion of the fossil fuels - gas, oil, coal and wood used in boilers, engines, oil burners, gas fires, water heaters, solid fuel appliances and open fires

lv4dogs
12-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Looks like I'll be picking up a detector today too. lol

I hope thats not the cause. Yes I want to find the cause but I hope this isn't the one. lol

kimboe
12-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Well, i hope it's not the cause or anything else that is potentially dangerous to your health!

My Peanuts
12-23-2005, 03:27 PM
I had this for a number of years and I never found out what it was. I had it when I was in high school, but by the time I got to college it was gone. I used to sit on my parent’s bed and just breathe for like 20 minutes. My mom always thought I was pregnant. I have no advice, because after a while it went away and it hasn't happened in a long time, but I do know what you mean.

king2005
12-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Looks like I'll be picking up a detector today too. lol

I hope thats not the cause. Yes I want to find the cause but I hope this isn't the one. lol

When you put it up, make sure its not near an open window thats near a busy street. Cause if the wind blows a bit of car smoke into your house, the alarm will go off all the time & drive you up the wall.

We find it works best in the upper lever in the hallway far from a window. As the gas will still get to it with no problem, but it take a higher concentration to set it off (if you breath on it several times, it should go off, ours did).

WAY back, the people across the way had been feeling ill & quite tired for about a week. A friend was over & she noticed how everyone including themself we're getting stupid tired. She alerted her friend & they called the fire depot. If they had fallen asleep that night they would have been died, as the leak had opened up more. The landlord had both houses (1/2 houses, townhouse like) redone to be on the safe side. Saddly that sacred the family away (which was bad as they were the first good peopletogoin there) (every family that goes in, either leaves in cuffs, ambulance ora body bag :eek: )

poofy
12-23-2005, 11:10 PM
I have done that for years, some times it last all day..they only thing i can figure out is nerves..I have pills for it now and it calms me and It goes away, i wake up that way..its an awfull thing , it has been happening less now and im very thankful for it..hope you get better..

PrinceBrewJulia
12-23-2005, 11:17 PM
I highly doubt its CM in your house. If so, it would have harmed all your pets as well and anybody else in the home. It WOULD NOT have taken this long(over the years like you said...) to settle around teh house. It takes minutes is a car is running in a closed garage to kill someone. Sadly, my science teacher knows somebody who's dad did that to commit suicide.

Hope you can figure out what it is.

CagneyDog
12-23-2005, 11:39 PM
That's really weird. I hope it's nothing serious!

It takes minutes is a car is running in a closed garage to kill someone. Sadly, my science teacher knows somebody who's dad did that to commit suicide.

If you are inside the car or the garage then yes but when you are in the house it would take much longer than that. Her animals could be having symptoms but they may not be very noticable.

PrinceBrewJulia
12-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Yes thats true. But go back to that this has been happening for years, It surely would never take that long. Its just very doubtful that it would be that.

How did you feel this morning?

king2005
12-24-2005, 08:54 PM
but having a CM detector is a good thing to have regardless :)

Vio&Juni
12-26-2005, 04:10 PM
I just went to take my last results, tests and get the prescription today. As I was thinking, it wasn't just one thing, it was a mix - apparently there is a little problem with my liver, not too bad luckily, a little problem with my gallbladder - I have been eating a bit worse lately, so no more fat food and fried, I eat that rarely anyway. I cook at home and we all like healthier foods. Still, milk and other dairy products will have to stay in the fridge... at the store :) It doesn't do good to me, especially first thing in the morning.
I have been thinking about keeping a diet lately, I am not really into dieting, but this diet is probably going to help me clean my body - raw vegetables and rice for a week. Esp since the worst news I heard today is that my right kidney is not doing better as I was hoping, it is still much lower than the left one and it looks like it's not doing good with the salts and minerals. I'll have to check into that more when I have taken care of the problems with the rest.

Hey, what shocked me was, how is that the doctor can't see you earlier than in a month - the only problem here is me not having time, not the doctor. If my doctor wouldn't be able to see me earlier than in a month, I would switch to another one.

lv4dogs
12-28-2005, 10:30 AM
I got my detector & my house is free of CM! :D

My Doc could get me in earlier but unfortunatly they are on days or at times where I am unable to make it. Since I've been dealing with it for so long I figured its not an emergancy so I scheduled it so I didn't have to loose any time from work.

I've been speaking with a lot of folks abut this, come to find out this is pretty common. A lot of them said it is most likely caused by either an imbalance of some sort with my acids in my stomach (yes even without any heartburn or other symptoms) or it is the Hellicobacteria bacteria. They did say that it could be other things too, but seems as those are the most common.
A lot of people were put on Prisolec as requested by their doctors & it all went away. I picked some up to try until I can get to the doctors and will let yous know how that works.
I've been awful sick with the flu & cold so I haven't started the Prisolec yet. I will as soon as I start feeling better & stop taking all the cold/fever meds.

sandragonfly
12-28-2005, 02:50 PM
okay..just read all of this with three kids bouncing around! :)

I'm surprised to find one pet talker just like me - I've had been nauseous every morning too, just before I'm half asleep! worsen in about a year too. even on the roadtrip - I don't know what or why, or how because I haven't saw my doctor about this yet either, too busy with emergencies. but.....the last time I was in emergency room, the lack-of-something doctor pointed out that it is because I am stressed, mainly depressed and I'll have to deal the 'another' way, like I understand. :rolleyes: with you, it seems the (like poofy said) nerves or/and (I think as one of my reasons) the stress..maybe? have you noticed any patterns? also, do you happen to have any cysts?

I drink milk fine and fried/greasy food seems nausea me easily too but didn't eat anything of that lately anyway.

and I agree, seeing a primary doctor a month later??? :eek: can you try and find the earliest one? or not have you explained him/her your situation.. whatever comes, wish you luck no more nauseous!

oh and feel better soon! so I can see you soon. :cool:

lv4dogs
12-28-2005, 03:24 PM
okay..just read all of this with three kids bouncing around! :)

I'm surprised to find one pet talker just like me - I've had been nauseous every morning too, just before I'm half asleep! worsen in about a year too. even on the roadtrip - I don't know what or why, or how because I haven't saw my doctor about this yet either, too busy with emergencies. but.....the last time I was in emergency room, the lack-of-something doctor pointed out that it is because I am stressed, mainly depressed and I'll have to deal the 'another' way, like I understand. :rolleyes: with you, it seems the (like poofy said) nerves or/and (I think as one of my reasons) the stress..maybe? have you noticed any patterns? also, do you happen to have any cysts?

I drink milk fine and fried/greasy food seems nausea me easily too but didn't eat anything of that lately anyway.

and I agree, seeing a primary doctor a month later??? :eek: can you try and find the earliest one? or not have you explained him/her your situation.. whatever comes, wish you luck no more nauseous!

oh and feel better soon! so I can see you soon. :cool:

I haven't noticed any differences when I am stressed or not. Unless I am stressed and don't realize it and I have no reason to be either. But my blood pressure & everything else is perfect, which probably wouldn't be if I was that stressed out.

And yes I explianed the reason for not getting to the doctors right away in my post right above yours.

I'm going to try the Prisolec & see if that helps.

edited to add that yes I will get better so I can see you soon!

sandragonfly
12-28-2005, 03:33 PM
ah, I've left this screen (thread) on all morning & afternoon with others opening and should have refreshened to see if I've missed anything... again, kids. :)

glad it wasn't the doctor. well, why I think that because you said you're fine besides, except nauseas you are having. there are four different kind of stresses, you can see only one kind and one is a good stress, different people deal in a different way!

too bad I won't know the update since I'm wondering too - let us know the minute you know please! hopefully it'll stop really soon, take care.

Cutiepatoodie
08-14-2014, 12:00 PM
I highly doubt you're still around but here's hoping. Have you found any relief yet? I've been experiencing this problems for over 10 years. I've always assumed it was due to stress as it got worse as I had kids and bad relationships. I would greatly appreciate any news or remedies you may have. Thanks so much!