PDA

View Full Version : I found the KITTENS.......

carole
12-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I am thrilled to announce I have at long last found the neighbours cat Duchess's kittens, for some reason i have perfect timing , I just seem to be looking out the upstairs window at the right time, happens to me all the time, funny thing that, well i spotted her going near the boys shed next door, so I decided to go check it out, and heard pitful miaowing coming from the shed, I look in there and find a gorgeous lil black and white boy who look like he was almost squashed by the door, but he was only wedged there and could not get up the ledge.

Anyway Victoria (Guard pussy I call her) comes in spitting and hissing at me and rubbing against my legs at the same time, then Duchess the mummy comes in so i give her baby and she picks it up and runs off with it, I am thinking oh no I have lost her now, but no she goes around the corner in some shrubs and plonks him with the other three babies.

Oh my they are gorgeous, two black and white boys, a ginger boy and the most beautiful tortie girl that i have fallen for head over heals, they are all healthy and fat and looking great, would not suprise me if young Zara has been helping feed them as they look really good.

Trouble is i cannot take them to the shelter for two more weeks, Norma does not have room and wants them to stay with their mama, until she can move them on to solid food, I would love to bring her over to my place for safety etc and more shelter but it will probably cause a problem with my cats and if i do Duchess may shift them again and I will be hard pressed to find them again, so i have to hope and pray they will be ok and she does not uproot them again, will check on them everyday and handle them to tame them, although they are pretty good , only one hissed at me.

So that means in two weeks time Duchess can be spayed and they will be all done, YAHOO. :)

lbaker
12-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh Carole! Merry Christmas indeed! This is great news, especially since you have confirmed they all look like sweet little kittens should - chubby, healthy and noisey too! You must feel like a million bucks right now. Good work! :D

carole
12-22-2005, 01:20 PM
You know what I really do ,after finding the babies and then seeing my Zara pop her cute face over the fence for a feed, I came inside doing a dance singing I'm so happy, I'm so happy, poor hubby thought I had gone nuts, but it was a really great feeling, just keep those fingers and paws crossed those babies survive ok for another two weeks, they have for three week so far, so hopefully they will be ok. :)

I have been so lucky so far, with everything just falling into place, not without its hitches but hey that is life, and I just have this uncanny way of always looking out that window of mine at the right time, whenever the girls are there for a feed or whatever i just seem to have this inner instinct, funny really, but glad of it. :D