PDA

View Full Version : Dogs On Chains :(

poofy
12-21-2005, 05:14 PM
My bother next door, had to beautiful dogs some 20 years ago, we loved them , my grandkids played with them all the time..and when they would get lose they had a ball..not many people out here then, about 2 or 3 years ago they both died..(?) dont know why, never understood it..
But now they have 2 more dogs chained up..its sick!!! Brainless!!! and I HATE it..sorry, my heart goes out to those dogs that are chained and its hard to see thes 2 starting to go thu all the years the other 2 went thru, I cry for them..I wish i could do something for them..the 2 that died it broke my heart that their whole lives are on a chain..they were to big for me to walk..and so are so are these to, I couldnt hold them..but I pray that they Lord will help these poor souls who are in torment evey day of their lives..God forgive the people that do this horrid evil thing.. :(

buttercup132
12-21-2005, 08:05 PM
wat kind of dogs are they?? maybe you should try talking to them and ask them why they got 2 more when there other 2 misteryously died :confused:

poofy
12-21-2005, 08:26 PM
wat kind of dogs are they?? maybe you should try talking to them and ask them why they got 2 more when there other 2 misteryously died :confused:

ONe is a beautiful pitt, she is so sweet, i play with her and the rottie they are both very sweet dogs and I take them treats..they get good dog food and always have water n have dog houses, with pads in them, but they are chained..its so sad..
If talking to them would have helped the other 2 would not have died with chains on their neck..no one else in our famlily will have an animal they have to chain up..they have 2 cats that have the run of the house and are allowed in and out..my sister in law tried to walk the pitt, and she was to strong for her..and she is bigger than me.I just hate to see them there day after day year after year..its the saddest thing and yes you can see it in their eyes they want love and attention.. and they lots of room for a pen for them..but now they chain them... :confused:

poofy
12-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Some reasons why permanent tethering is cruel are as follows:
1) A dog who is permanently tethered is forced to urinate and defecate where he sleeps, which conflicts with his natural instinct to eliminate away from his living area.

2) Because the chained dog is always close to his own fecal material, he can easily catch deadly parasitical diseases by stepping in or sniffing his own waste. The ground within the dog's chained area may have a high concentration of parasite larvae.

3) Even if the fecal matter is picked up, the area where the dog can move about becomes hard-packed dirt that carries the stench of animal waste. The odor and the waste attract flies which bite the dog's ears, often causing serious bloody wounds and permanent tissue damage.

4) Continuous chaining psychologically damages dogs and makes many of them aggressive animals.

5) Dogs who forced to live on a chain are easy targets for stinging bites from insects and attacks by other other animals.

6) The tethers can become entangled with other objects, which can choke or strangle a dog to death.

7) The neck of a chained dog often becomes raw and covered with sores in part due to the dog's constant yanking and straining to escape confinement :confused: :(

dab_20
12-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Thats sooo sad. :( :(