PDA

View Full Version : Is this because of a PT'er?

lv4dogs
12-21-2005, 12:24 PM
I am in tears looking at & reading the links that were posted in another thread.

If you go to this site http://www.unchainyourdog.org/FactsPhotos.htm About 3/4 of the way down the page you'll see a white husky type mix dog named Snowball. Wasn't that dog rescued because of someone on PT? I could swear I remember seeing that dog in posts on here about a year or so ago.

shais_mom
12-21-2005, 12:32 PM
I think that lovemyshiba posted about a rescue mission of Snowball or something.

lv4dogs
12-21-2005, 12:46 PM
I thought I've seen it posted on here before.

Where has lovemyshiba been anyways. I think about her often as my neighbor has a Shiba that looks just like hers. I always forget to ask about her though. (bad me). I so miss seeeing & heering about her crew.

lvpets2002
12-21-2005, 12:47 PM
:mad: :mad: Oh those pictures just disgust me to no end.. My dogs have a huge fenced back yard.. I would not have a dog if they had to be chained.. ** This Snowball is not the same one (I dont think).. The other Snowball did not have a Cataracted eye & this dog does.. **

Kfamr
12-21-2005, 12:49 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/search.php?searchid=72747

That's what I found.. one thread by Denyce is pretty big - there's a few about this dog though.

Poor dogs don't deserve "life" on a chain. :(

JenBKR
12-21-2005, 12:55 PM
That website made me sick. How horrible, I just want to cry. And with all that some of those dogs have been through, they still look like they are smiling. I think we can learn a lesson from those dogs.

lvpets2002
12-21-2005, 12:59 PM

That's what I found.. one thread by Denyce is pretty big - there's a few about this dog though.

:( Oh it is the same dog == How horrible

lv4dogs
12-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanks Kay, thats what I thought.

K9soul
12-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I was looking at Dogsdeservebetter.com last night and read the letter from the founder of that organization, and was so moved by her answer when she is asked why she focuses on chained dogs. She said:

"Because they are the forgotten cause. Their abuse is much more subtle, no less insidious. They may not be in immediate danger of death. But death of the soul is still death to me. And they are dying out there, piece by piece, hour by hour."

So very true.

lv4dogs
12-21-2005, 01:37 PM
I was looking at Dogsdeservebetter.com last night and read the letter from the founder of that organization, and was so moved by her answer when she is asked why she focuses on chained dogs. She said:

"Because they are the forgotten cause. Their abuse is much more subtle, no less insidious. They may not be in immediate danger of death. But death of the soul is still death to me. And they are dying out there, piece by piece, hour by hour."

So very true.

I know, I too was moved by that statement. It is true, sad and very true.

JenBKR
12-21-2005, 01:42 PM
So incredibly sad - did you see this cartoon on that website?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/Jen0429/MuttsLonely.jpg

Just makes me want to cry...

Daisy and Delilah
12-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Those pictures and the stories are breaking my heart. This is so sad it's hard to believe that anybody can be that uncaring and unfeeling. Who in their right mind would put an innocent animal through such torture? I'm adamant when I say; if you have a dog that you feel should be chained, then you shouldn't have that dog at all. It's a barbaric practice committed by monsters :mad: :( :mad: :(

pnance
12-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Those pictures and stories are so heart breaking, and hit a really sore spot for me. I've never chained or had a dog chained outside, but I've had to deal with the results. I'm Bear's third owner, and from what I understand his original owner had him chained on a 3-4 ft chain outside on a porch for the first 4 years of his life. As a result by the time I got him when he was about 5 he had severe arthritis in his back legs, absolutely no flexibility, no muscle mass in his back legs, and could barely get up and down. He's doing much better, but you can only repair so much. He'll always have the problems he's had as a result of being on a chain unable to move around. He'll always have to be on glucosomine and I have no doubt he'll eventually have to be on rimadyl. He will never be able to just jump up and start running with the others. He's a happy, friendly boy that loves attention and to imagine him left alone outside unable to move around breaks my heart. So when I see a dog chained I see Bear and the results he stuggles with daily.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p4927e474fa5986d362f3315b2ae62760/f1251832.jpg

Vela
12-21-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm glad you could give him a new home. I have a girl with similar issues from the same types of things, but hers was a crate. It's hard to watch but they are still so happy. Glad to see him have a better life!

Alysser
12-21-2005, 07:15 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I am actually crying from the last picture. A dog getting hung by a friggin chain! That person better get 20 years in jail for that and COUNSELING! Seriously, more then twenty years. That is completely unesscary! :mad:

poofy
12-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Poor things, i hate that, it breaks my heart..Leah and Chujo next door are always chained, I hate it..i feel so sorry for them

shais_mom
12-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Maybe it was an email or a link that Emily gave me - not for sure.
She was taking a break from PetTalk - I chatted with her on the phone this summer and just got a Christmas card from her yesterday. :)

slleipnir
12-22-2005, 12:32 AM

Hmm..for some reasonthe link doesn't work anymore..or is it just me?

lv4dogs
12-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Hmm..for some reasonthe link doesn't work anymore..or is it just me?

Won't work for me anymore either. Weird.

Dot
12-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Yesterday in Dayton, Ohio a dog named Baby Girl was found frozen to death in her dog house, with a bucket of frozen water nearby. In the same yard, another dog was found chained to a pole, with no shelter, food or water in reach. The dog was frozen into the ground, but alive -- just barely. It was rescued and may possibly survive. Inside the house was another nightmare: http://tinyurl.com/atasg

It's wonderful that a neighbor reported the freezing dogs, but too bad they didn't do it sooner. Maybe they did, but often the law protects the dog owners rather than the poor animals.

(I think Roxyluvsme13 has deleted her thread just now....didn't want to read any more posts about her dog being chained up 24/7.)

Daisy and Delilah
12-22-2005, 12:18 PM
What can we all do to stop this from happening? I'm sick to my stomach and the tears are pouring!! Dear God, please stop this nonsense!! :mad: :mad: :(

Dot
12-22-2005, 08:07 PM
I know, it really hurts inside, doesn't it? I could hardly bear to watch the news coverage last night. It showed the Animal Shelter people pulling the dogs from the house (there were several dogs and many cats inside, too). Of course, they had to use a noose on a pole to catch them because they were wild and scared, but it was terrible to hear them howling so piteously in fear. After what they had already lived through, they had no way to know something good was happening to them!

The report said that someone has already asked to adopt the dog that was frozen to the ground, and the others will be put up for adoption, if possible. I wish I could take them all and show them what it is like to be in a loving home! Our family has chosen to forego exchanging presents this year, and will give to charities of our choice instead, so my giving is going to the shelter that rescued these poor dogs. In some small way, maybe I'll be able to help them or others like them.

anna_66
12-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Yesterday in Dayton, Ohio a dog named Baby Girl was found frozen to death in her dog house, with a bucket of frozen water nearby. In the same yard, another dog was found chained to a pole, with no shelter, food or water in reach. The dog was frozen into the ground, but alive -- just barely. It was rescued and may possibly survive. Inside the house was another nightmare: http://tinyurl.com/atasg

I see they've arrested both the owner and the owners girlfriend. I'm glad and I hope they get severe punishment for this. :mad:

Daisy and Delilah
12-22-2005, 09:25 PM
We can all at least pray as hard as we can that these people will be given a fitting punishment. Someone needs to be used as an example to show people like this what can happen to them if they commit the same types of horrific acts. I am hoping and praying that it might start with these two useless morons!! How can anyone allow defenseless animals to live in these conditions? What are they thinking? Would they like to be treated like that?:mad: :mad: :( :mad: :mad:

Dot
12-23-2005, 08:13 AM
This is from today's Dayton Daily News regarding the abused dogs and cats:

DAYTON | After two Dayton residents pleaded not guilty to charges of animal cruelty — after 12 cats and a dog were found dead in their house and yard — at least two animal rights groups are calling on Dayton to adopt an ordinance banning the practice of tethering animals.

Earlier in the week, one dog, a year-old shepherd pit mix called Baby Girl was found dead in the backyard of Jerry Welch's Geyer Street address. Another dog — a 3-year-old hound named Squeezer — is recovering after being rescued from the same property. Squeezer had been found frozen to the ground, also without food.

The national animal rights organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wrote to Dayton Mayor Rhine McLin, asking her to consider an ordinance that would either ban or severely restrict the practice of tethering dogs.

To support its request, PETA Cruelty Case Worker Dan Paden pointed out that chained dogs are three times as likely to attack as dogs that are not tethered. A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study reached the same conclusion in 2002.

The two charged with animal cruelty were arrested but were released without bail. :( It just breaks my heart to think of those poor dogs lying outside alone, and finally succumbing to the cold and hunger. Squeezer's chain was wrapped around the pole so tightly that he couldn't even move! Oh, dear God!

Daisy and Delilah
12-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Dot, I can't get this story off my mind. I want to tell everybody I know and I keep hoping and praying that a miracle will take place in this country some day. When will we ever see the day that the judge in these cases is an animal lover and justice is properly served? Animals are living, breathing, souls. They can't take care of themselves so we must take care of them. How do they fall into the hands of pigs like these two that have no regard for life whatsoever? I can only picture these mindless slobs in the warm house not even thinking of what was occurring outside. If they chose not to take care of the animals then why would they have them? I'll never understand this as long as I live but I hope that the day comes soon when legislation is passed to properly punish this type of crime. Thank you for posting this story. We can only keep praying for retribution. I would love to see these people released to a mob of angry Pet Talkers :mad: :mad:

anna_66
12-23-2005, 09:31 AM
This is from today's Dayton Daily News regarding the abused dogs and cats:
The two charged with animal cruelty were arrested but were released without bail. :(
Oh that just angers me to no end :mad:

sabies
12-23-2005, 04:34 PM
I agree, Anna. Something better happen to them. Why do these people who chain their animals and leave them even want a dog?