PDA

View Full Version : Ack!

aly
04-04-2002, 11:56 PM
Whyyyyy do I torture myself by looking at rescue group websites before I go to sleep?? I have gone to bed 5 times in the past hour but jumped back out and keep returning to look at this one dog in particular who just happens to be located near me. Hmmm....

http://www.mixbreedrescue.com/topper.htm

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-04-2002, 11:59 PM
AWWWWWWWWWW Topper,,,,
You are such a pretty boy!!!:)
**hugs from me Tinky and Jupiter**
GOOD LUCK TOPPER BOY ON FINDING A FOREVER HOME!!!

Aly I can't blame you for looking at him over and over what a sweet puppy!!

aly
04-05-2002, 12:00 AM
And look at this face!!!

http://www.mixbreedrescue.com/grace.htm

kobieeli
04-05-2002, 12:02 AM
OMG, Aly, what a sweetheart of a dog Topper sounds like--a real diamond in the rough! The poor guy can't get a break though, what with his nervousness and all. And I bet a Shepherd/Golden cross would make a WONDERFUL addition to your home!! :D
Maybe you're his angel?

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-05-2002, 12:04 AM
That puppy needs a pair of Angel wings (she looks just like a little doggy angel,,, espically the last pic, the close up of her face) ...... AND HER NAME IS GRACE!!!!! What a sweet angel face **hugs to you Grace you are one beautiful, beautiful girl** GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO FOR FINDING A FOREVER HOME!!!!!:)

Former User
04-05-2002, 01:54 AM
I went to see those puppies, and FYI, I want them all :D
but seriously, I wish good luck to all the puppies and adult doggies, and I hope they find good forever homes!

Gio
04-05-2002, 03:04 AM
I understand you Aly. My office relocated a couple of weeks ago and in the square next to it 3 times a week there is a little stand of the National Dogs Protection League. They have books full of photos (people are not very computer oriented over here) of both dogs and cats available for adoption. And you guessed it, every time I pass it I of course have to have a look. It's torture knowing that there are so many out there that need a home and not being able to take any more home for the time being. I often give a donation for food and vet bills, but it's not the same.

mugsy
04-05-2002, 06:40 AM
I can understand the torture aly...what beauties. I went to the webpage and made it one of my favorites. I think it's great that there is a place out there dedicated to mixed breed rescue!! Btw...we have 15 now.

anna_66
04-05-2002, 06:51 AM
I wish I could have one of those doggies! If I had the room and the time to spend, I'd have a ton of dogs! That's why I just can't bring myself to go to the shelters:(

jennifert
04-05-2002, 07:28 AM
Aly, I love Topper! But you knew I would! I'm a sucker for dogs that look just like that! I need to buy a house of my own with a big fenced in yard so Duncan can have some brothers and sisters! I do the same thing you do...I look at pictures and read stories of dogs for adoption all day long and then go home feeling helpless! That's why people like YOU are my heros!! :) Topper will find a wonderful home (if you don't take him! HINT HINT!!).
And Grace's face does look just like an angel! What a cutie-patootie!

AdoreMyDogs
04-05-2002, 11:51 AM
I LOVE Grace!!!! She is truly an angel!!!

Dixieland Dancer
04-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Topper is a beauty. I love the Golden/Shepherd mix as they both shine through. I pray he finds a forever home soon with a family that will love him as much as his foster family apparently does!

Logan
04-05-2002, 11:55 AM
Topper is my kind of dog! I like the kind that wants to be with me all the time (like my Lilly). :) Oh, Aly, this sounds like such a good rescue group. I do hope that Topper and Grace will find perfect homes.

Logan

wolflady
04-05-2002, 05:58 PM
AWWWWW....both of them are so cute!!! It really would be hard for me not to want to bring them all home with me!! I'm always looking at the websites of all the local shelters here, and I'm always seeing so many cuties looking for homes:( I've even seen some with the perfect personality to fit into my home, but I still feel like I'm not home enough to give a dog enough attention! I'm hoping I'll work something out soon!! At least I'll probably look into volunteering at a shelter near my home on the weekends where this gorgeous girl is available!
http://www.santaclaracounty.org/animal/upload/081672.jpg

Oh, and psssst....Duncan....
http://www.fosmas.org/dogs/dog_images/82415.jpg
Talk about a twin bro!! LOL;)

Sudilar
04-05-2002, 06:31 PM
Such adorable dogs!!! All of them!! I hope they find forever homes soon.

LoudLou
04-05-2002, 06:31 PM
http://kobie.petfinder.org/IN46.730816.jpg Is she not the sweetest. I found her pix on website she's at the Humane Society of Indianapolis Indianapolis, IN.... I couldn't resist posting her she's so cute! Her name is Molly.

wolflady
04-05-2002, 07:37 PM
LoudLou, I just had to post this little guy for you!!!

http://www.petrefuge.com/dog_pics/tigger_held.jpg
AWWWWWW.....
I do admit...I am quite smitten with those corgi ears:D

LoudLou
04-05-2002, 09:31 PM
OMG! Look at that Beautiful Corgi Smile.... It's their smile that gets me.... oh and the fat, squatty frito paws! Thanks for thinking of me. :D Okay, I went and looked at all the other pups. :rolleyes: If I could I'd want them all! :eek:

delidog
04-06-2002, 06:18 AM
AAAAWWWWWW! why is there not room and love for all of them...i have enough love but not enough room for them...molly is precious....and that corgi....loudlou...i had a corgi named taffy(for the poem...taffy was a welsh man,taffy was a thief...remember that??)i got her from the pound....she was the runt of a litter...her tail was never cut so, it grew into a little curly-que...like a besenji....and her legs were long....she looked like a log on stilts!!!lol!! but i had her for 15 years and still think of her...though i lost her in 1978....i need to find a photo and send to you!!!she was precious!!!

LoudLou
04-06-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by delidog
....she looked like a log on stilts!!!lol!! Oh your just TOO funny!!! I would love to see pix.;) :D

tatsxxx11
04-06-2002, 07:29 PM
Oh, could you die!!!!:) Topper, Grace!!!:) The GSD is beautiful!! And that Molly girl, paw extended, if that doesn't melt you heart!!! And that Corgi pup!!!! I want them all!:(

delidog
04-07-2002, 08:34 PM
loud lou...i am still looking for a Taffy photo....but meanwhile...what is happening with Topper and Grace???? aly, were you approved to adopt Topper??? i wrote to them,but they will not adopt out of state..(.like their aren't enough unwanted little souls in fl.!!!...i go and look at dogs in tx.!!!)
i haven't told deli yet that i had thoughts of another canine !!!

mugsy
04-07-2002, 09:34 PM
wolflady...is the Corgi's name Tigger from Pet Refuge in Mishawaka, IN???? I swear it's the same picture and if it is...he got adopted this week. Pet Refuge is where Mike and I adopted Sophie...they are just absolutely wonderful to work with. I LOVE Molly (as well I should don't ya think?? lol). I may just have to drive down to Indy and get her unless Liz beats me to her!!

mugsy
04-07-2002, 09:35 PM
It's me again...yeppers, the Corgi IS Tigger and he DID go home this last week!! hehehe

LoudLou
04-07-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
It's me again...yeppers, the Corgi IS Tigger and he DID go home this last week!! hehehe

Love hearing about Happy Endings.:) Hopefully it's a FUR EVER home.

delidog
05-01-2002, 10:04 PM
WWWWOOOOO!!!!!!WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
TOPPER GOT ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
as of last sunday,Topper has a forever home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go to mixedbreedrescue.com to check on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yyyyyyyiiiiiiiippppppppeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
:D :D :D :D :D ;)

wolflady
05-02-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by mugsy

AWWWWW!! That's great news!! I too, love happy endings. All these pups are just so precious!! I want them all!! Heck...one would be good! LOL LOL
delidog, I would love to see that pic of your taffy too!! :D My mom and I both have always loved the little corgi faces and squatty frito feet. They're just too adorable with those big ears and smiley faces!!! Yikes! Now I want one of those!! How will I ever decide when the time comes??!! LOL :D