PDA

View Full Version : Bijou did great w/her sedation grooming!

tricollie4me
12-20-2005, 10:10 PM
They said she did great with just the smallest bit of sedation...and that if she had wanted to fear-bite, she could have...but she didn't. She was very cooperative and they just loved her to pieces. She was awake the entire time and did fine. Her paws look so pretty now and she smells yummy. I'm very pleased. I did write on her consent form "no coat/mane trim" and they adhered to that -- they brushed out the mats they found (just a few small ones) and I was very pleased with that -- no shaving!

$47 for both sedation and grooming, and they got to chat and play with her nearly all day! I'm thinking that's a bargain for a "collie spa day" :) It turns out it was probably less expensive, and certainly less stressful, than the Petsmart grooming salon. Hopefully, this is step one of a positive grooming experience and we can build on that. I'll post a few new pics tomorrow, am recharging my digital camera right now. I wish I had taken some pics of her very furry feet before her grooming today, but at least you'll soon see how gorgoeus she is now!

I'm just soooooo relieved she's home. I missed her terribly and (I confess) worried about the anesthetic and her behavior. But she's all about the love...she whined and practically jumped into my arms when she saw me this afternoon, she's just so sweet!

Thanks again for all the great advice and support!

.sarah
12-21-2005, 12:04 AM
That's really, really great that she did so well! I'm glad everything worked out for you :)

CathyBogart
12-21-2005, 12:58 AM
That's wonderful! Good girl Bijou! Do we get post-grooming pics? :)

lv4dogs
12-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Thats great news. It certainly does seem like this is something you can build on after all she was awake & co-operative which is a very important & big step. I wish yous the best of luck in future grooming sessions.
Can't wait for the pics!!! She's such a doll.

elizabethann
12-21-2005, 08:14 AM
That's great. What about some pictures?

:)

xParisx
12-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Good girl bijou! well done! x :D

poofy
12-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Oh that is great, she is such a beauty.. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
12-21-2005, 02:22 PM
So happy that beautiful Bijou did well with her grooming session! :) :) Can't wait to see pictures! ;)