PDA

View Full Version : I learned my lesson!

Flatcoatluver
12-20-2005, 02:25 PM
I never belive my parents when they tell me don't eat cookie dough you will get sick!! I belived them but I thought you had to eat like a cup, well I ate a little spoonful and yesterday all night I was throwing up!!! I learned my lesson and now when I make cookie the spell of cokkie dough makes me sick!! :) sorry just venting! :D

lv4dogs
12-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Oh no thats too bad. Hope you feel better!

I'm one of those bad folks, I eat cookie dough all the time (or at least everytime I bake). Knock on wood. lol

elizabethann
12-20-2005, 02:43 PM
MMMMMMMM.....cookie dough. Love it! Haven't been sick yet from eating it. Sorry you were sick.

crazy_caique
12-20-2005, 02:47 PM
I love it.I have never been sick for eatting it.Sorry you got sick

LKPike
12-20-2005, 03:00 PM
:o I eat chocolate chip cookie dough, even when its not mine! :o

dogzr#1
12-20-2005, 04:53 PM
I always eat cookie dough, but I haven't gotten sick from it before. hope you feel better!

Laura's Babies
12-20-2005, 05:59 PM
I don't think just throwing up was the result of eating raw cookie dough.

Salmonella (over 1600 types)
Found: intestinal tract and feces of animals; Salmonella enteritidis in raw eggs.

Transmission: raw or undercooked eggs, poultry, and meat; raw milk and dairy products; seafood.

Symptoms: stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, chills, fever, and headache usually appear 6 to 48 hours after eating; may last 1 to 2 days.

Also folks, you CAN eat raw cookie dough without worrying about salmonella if you make the dough and not put the eggs in it.. I don't think it would be good for baking but a lot of people make this so they can eat it without worrying.

CagneyDog
12-20-2005, 06:03 PM
I always eat cookie dough. *yummy*

Sorry you got sick.

k9krazee
12-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Sorry you got sick, thats too bad :(

I Love, love, love eating cookie dough. Mmmmm....lol

BC_MoM
12-20-2005, 06:12 PM
I still eat it. :D

It's not the cookie dough that will neccessarily make you sick, it is if the egg has any bacteria on it.

I guess you were unlucky!!! LOL

christa
12-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Maybe it was just a coincidence. :confused:

You could have gotten sick from anything . . . or just had a stomach bug.

It's just hard for me to believe that one little spoonful could make you throw up all night.

I've had food poisening before and usually once it's out of your system, it's out.

.sarah
12-21-2005, 12:46 AM
I used to eat it all the time, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. And, gee, thanks, now I want some :p

I've never gotten sick from it, though. Sorry that you can't eat it ... it's SO GOOD! ;)

Vette
12-21-2005, 04:02 AM
:eek: Its never made me or my family sick before..
but it did my friend.. LOL

but now that im older,, i know that theres 'raw egg' in there...
and with all the scary crap about raw eggs and under cooked meat..
i just dont want to chance getting something else from it.

JenBKR
12-21-2005, 08:11 AM
So sorry you got sick! I l know you're not supposed to eat cookie dough, but I LOVE it so I eat it anyway :o

smokey the elder
12-21-2005, 09:18 AM
We used to drink egg nog made from eggs that had been in the hen just hours before! :eek:

poofy
12-21-2005, 11:31 AM
We used to drink egg nog made from eggs that had been in the hen just hours before! :eek:
Yes that is true, why dont that make people sick.. :confused: Do they still make eggnog that way???