PDA

View Full Version : Time to move out?

RICHARD
12-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Teen reports mum for giving away pets

A teenager is taking legal action against her mum for giving her pets away.

The 19-year-old, who has not been named, came home to find her mum had taken her pet dog, seven puppies and two guinea pigs to a local animal rescue shelter.

The pair from Aachen in Germany had been arguing about the pets since the birth of the puppies over a month ago.

And when the girl went out to college this week her 45-year-old mum took the opportunity to get rid of all of the animals.

But the daughter was so angry she went immediately to the police station to press charges against her mum.

----------------------------------

:eek:

crazy_caique
12-20-2005, 02:58 PM
My gosh!!!!
Was the 19 year old going to find homes for the puppies???
Two gps and a dog is not that many animals.That mother must be horriable to do that to her daughter.That is just evil. :mad: :mad:
They could have worked something out I mean come on you find the puppies all good homes and you can only have the dog and the two gps

k9krazee
12-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Oh man :eek: I would press charges too, I would be *so* upset. Gee, I sure hope my mom doesn't start getting rid of my pets once I leave for college in the fall :eek: :(

JenBKR
12-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Perhaps I will be criticized for this, but I am going to play devil's advocate. Perhaps this girl was not taking very good care of these animals, and was leaving it up to her mother to put up the money for anything they needed and take care of them. Perhaps she was not being very responsible. Of course a better idea for the mom would have been to rehome the animals, but not everyone thinks about animals the way we do, and maybe it seemed like her only way out. I couldn't say much more without having all of the facts.

.sarah
12-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Perhaps I will be criticized for this, but I am going to play devil's advocate. Perhaps this girl was not taking very good care of these animals, and was leaving it up to her mother to put up the money for anything they needed and take care of them. Perhaps she was not being very responsible. Of course a better idea for the mom would have been to rehome the animals, but not everyone thinks about animals the way we do, and maybe it seemed like her only way out. I couldn't say much more without having all of the facts.
That's what I was thinking.

Vette
12-21-2005, 05:43 AM
My mom has done the samething to me. :eek:

my mom brought home a kitten from a feed store(free)
and we would argue about who the kitten belonged to.. me or her.

one day i wake up,, to find no kitten...my mom 'returned' her from she got her.
but i really did want the kitty. :(

but im with JenBKR and .Sarah.
or maybe she got tired of paying for all the food/vet bills.

which is probably the case with my mom. LOL
since i havent found a job yet. :o