PDA

View Full Version : Mississauga/Toronto Meeting, All are Welcomed!

king2005
12-20-2005, 11:02 AM
UPDATE: The date this will be held on are June 23-24 2006, its a weekend!

Mississauga/Toronto Meeting, All are Welcomed!
There is no set time as of yet, but spring/summer is looking good so far (but not Aug)

Ok here is our own thread.

King2005

I'm in Mississauga (20 mins from Toronto)! Come see me I'm dogless, but I do have other cool pets

lv4dogs

Awesome! I will do that... as long as you don't mind me having a dog or two with me. lol They go camping with me.

I'll let you know in the spring or so when I will be up there. Can you believe I've been by the Falls a million times & only live a couple hours away & have neer been. lol

King2005

I don't mind the dogs being here for the day, but if we take off to tour, they need to be crated or tied up in the house. Only because the basement door has to be open & Axle is down there & if one of your pups tries to take a drink, or a dip they could get hurt REALLY bad. Axle is a 20 Snapping Turtle. Hes super friendly outside of the water, but in the water hes a typical snapper, anything near the water = food.

I have a water dish your dogs can use here & a chain so they can go outside in the backyard to potty Just bring a few toys & treats, as the ones I have mean too much to me.

I've only lived here since sept. so I've never been to the Falls, CN tower, or Toronto Zoo. If you come down & can crate, tie or keep the dogs elsewhere I'd LOVE to spend a couple days at the Toronto Zoo (it takes days to tour the place I've been told), the guys wont go to that zoo with me because they don't want to spend THAT much time there I think its $20.00cdn/day to go to the zoo

lv4dogs

Wow, I wasn't expecting you to offer them a place to stay for the day. That would be awesome as most campgrounds & hotels do not allow dogs to stay there unsupervised, even in crates. And I don't travel that much without my dogs. That is so kind of you, I'm just blown away. Thanks for the offer. If I do have to take you up on the offer, don't worry I'll bring crates and of course they will have their food & water dishes & everythign else they need.

I'd love to spend a couple days at the zoo with you and of course I have to visit the falls. lol
Do you know of any decent pet friendly campgrounds or hotels nearby? Or actually we can discuss this when spring nears. But yes I'm excitied about it allready.

If Rob & Tom are home, I'm sure they'll keep the dogs out of the crates while they are home. They both work from home, so they're home a LOT. Are your dogs BIG barkers? Thats one issue Rob will have. He HATES non-stop barking dogs. Barking at the door is fine, but for no reason all day long will be an issue.

Do your dogs need special water? My old dog was only able to drink our local water, any other water made him soooooo ill. We have britta (sp) water that we bottle & put in our ummm mini fridge beside the couch hehehe.

Smoking is a no no here, not even in the yard. The guys parents were horrid chain smokers & they both have breathing issues & have pure hate for smoking(ers). I personally don't mind going for walks while you smoke down wind of me. But not in sight of the house.

Oh I don't drive, but I don't mind helping pay for gas (I feel so guilty cause I had $ for Audrey for some gas when she drove us to Sandspits in PEI, but when she introduced me to her fur kids I FORGOT to give it to her :( , so make sure you remind me to pay if I get to excited with the trip, which I will hehe).

Having the dogs crate trained is FANTASTIC!!! I feel much better knowing they'll be 100% safe while we're out. Not sure where to put the crates, cause my fish would prob. scare the crap out of your dogs, or soak them. hmmmm... the spare bedroom, is a quiet place, but we'll have to see if that room gets hot during the summer as I haven't lived in this place long.

I cannot say for sure, but I might be able to swing a plane tour for us, as Rob will be a Pilot any week (he just has a few more solo flights to do, then a preflight with an instructor & then the flight test.

We're also building an aircrast, so I'll show that to you & "maybe" let you but in a rivet or 2 :)

This cannot happen in Aug. As I might be going to Romania with the guys. Tom wants to meet a couple crippled kids(18) that have worked for him. They do computer art for him & since they cannot travel, he said he'll go there instead & is bring me & Rob with him.. YAY

mmmm long post hehehe

lv4dogs
12-20-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm not 100% sure if I'll have the dogs with me or not. I was planning on bringing them because I didn't realize there was so much to do. At first I was only planning on going to the Falls and stay at a campground but I forgot about the Zoo (which I've never ben to that as well). We keep coming up with new & exciting things to do. :p With all of the activities to do I may just come up for the weekend, stay in a hotel & spend it all with you and leave the dogs with my mother. lol

But even if they do come here's some more info about them.

My dogs are not big barkers. Raustyk will bark if she hears a car pull up or someone comes to the house or yard but thats it. Kaige only barks when she barks and even then he barks less than her. lol I'd go insane if they barked all day long for no reason. Nanook will stay with my mother no matter what as he's to old to handle a trip like that.

My dogs don't need any special water.

I am a smoker (bad me) BUT I don't smoke often & I DO respect others. Heck I live alone & I don't even smoke in my own house. lol I WILL respect your wishes.

I don't mind driving & I don't mind paying for gas either. :D

Your fish would scare or soak my dogs? What do you have sharks? LOL
They are used to all sorts of critters. My family all lives happily together & it consists of 3 dogs, 2 cats, 4 ferrets, 3 hamsters & some fish. They all love each other. And IF it is any problem what so ever they will be crated if they even come now. lol

My dogs are all well behaved so if they do come, between their good manners & their crate they should be fine.

Thats so exciting that he's going to be a pilot & your building your own aircraft.

Its not certain yet but I was hoping for sometime in June or right around there (May to July).

lv4dogs
12-20-2005, 02:12 PM
IF I do leave the dogs at home and you want to meet them I'll just let you know the next time in in/near the area with them. I do camp sometimes int he Buffalo area, thats not too far away either & the dogs come with me.

I'm just begining to think that it may be nice to leave them home for the weekend. Theres so much to do & see up there. We'll have a lot more time to do other things. :D

king2005
12-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Toronto Zoo (http://www.torontozoo.com/)

Go to that site & see if they allow dogs. I don't have Java working properly on my computer. But if they allow dogs (I think they do) & its not hot outside (shouldn't be in may) then bring the pups since they'll be with us anyways.

if you can get me the zoo # off the site I'll ask them any questions that might not be posted on the site (my phone has free longdistance for all of Canada & the usa MUAHAHAHAAA)...

I miss walking dogs, so having them will be a bonus :)

When the time comes & if the dogs don't come, I'll talk to the guys to see if you can crash on the couch for the weekend, insted of paying $$ for a crapy hotel.

Oh & thanks for respecting the smoking thing, it'll mean SOOO much to the guys :)

slleipnir
12-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Wish I could go :(

king2005
12-21-2005, 09:05 AM
You & Zeke & Josie Are always welcomed here :)

lv4dogs
12-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Please don't think this is only for us 2, if ANYONE can make it we would love for you to join us for an adventerous couple of days!

No set date yet, but it will be in the Spring/Summer.

king2005
12-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Just for information purposes, letspostawe bit about ourselves, so its not a shock when we meet :)

About Me :)
Name:
Hobbies:
Pets at home:
Food:
Drinks:
Allergies:
Fears:
Digital Camera:
Personal Rules:
Other info:
Photo:

I'll post mine in the next post

slleipnir
12-23-2005, 09:38 PM
I would love to, but I can't afford it lol

king2005
12-23-2005, 09:40 PM
About Me :)
Name: Jessica King (aka: Jess)
Sex: Female
Hobbies: Computers, pets, art, collecting things, stuffies...
Pets coming on the trip: None
Pets at home: 2 fish & 1 turtle
Food: Pizza, cheese, potatos, veggies, wings, beef...
Drinks: pop, juice, brita water made at home...
Allergies: Ragweed (really bad!!) & all his friends, mould & dust. Furry things, esp horses & cats (but its not really that bad)
Fears: hights, dogs barking & running up to me (large ones I don't know)
Digital Camera: yep, I can take over 400 images & I plan on bring it with me.
Personal Rules: No smoking in my face, spicy things give me an upset belly, don't like being touched much.
Other info: I only have my G2, no car,
Photo: http://jess.iahu.ca/albums/album340/april_17_2005_002.sized.jpg

king2005
12-23-2005, 09:41 PM
I would love to, but I can't afford it lol

Well then I'll just have to go to PEI :)

lv4dogs
12-28-2005, 11:22 AM
About Me
Name: Sue Mussaw
Sex: Female, unspayed although I wish I was spayed :p
Hobbies: animals, arts & crafts, sewing, outdoor activities....
Pets coming on the trip: MAYBE Kaige (Aussie) and possibly but doubtfully Raustyk (Rott)
Pets at home: 3 dogs, 2 cats, 4 ferrets, 3 hamsters & an aquarium with fishies
Food: almost anything. lol
Drinks: soda, juice & water with an occasional toddy or glass of wine or beer
Allergies: slight allergies to cats
Fears: heights & spiders
Digital Camera: Kodak easy share CX7430
Personal Rules: none really
Other info: I'm a bit shy, I try not to be but I can't help it. If you can help me overcome my shyness please do so. lol
Photo: This is the most recent one I have, my hair is a little longer now, I'll take a newer pic sometime in the next few weeks. lol
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/pdd0be7a6c9c3c350ced93bb1864f6310/f3425051.jpg

king2005
12-28-2005, 09:10 PM
I would LOVE to meet Raustyk someday, I adore Rotties to death! :)

See I spent 100.00 on this photo & a few wallets (Rocky, Tonya, me & Max)
http://jess.iahu.ca/max/albums/album09/pro_photo.sized.jpg
heheh see all the goobers from Rocky on Tonya's arm hehe

lv4dogs
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
I remember seeing that pic around here before. Rocky is a cutie, so is Max.

I doubt I'll be bringing them with me for this trip as I'd really like to do a lot of exploring, the zoo, the falls etc... But if they don't come with me I do hope to camp up there a few more times as I'm sure I'll love it. I'll be sure to bring them & we can meet up again. :D

king2005
12-29-2005, 07:09 PM
I've posted it a few times on here.. Max was about 5, Rocky was about 3, Tonya would have been around 13-14 & I would have been 15-16.

It was a blast taking that photo. It was in a mall, so we had to get special permission to allow Rocky in. We won by saying we'll muzzle him, so nothing can happen (he had to wea one on walks, just incase). When we unmuzzled Rocky he gets SUPER excited & will do that silly Rottie dance, well he scared the hell out of the photo guy hahaha.. Well Rocky refused to sit still, he wanted to sniff everything. SO the photo guy took out a childs toy the squeeked. WELL the look on Rocky' face was priceless, he was wondering what the hell it was & if he should kill it or run in fear hehehe.. Since Max didn't care, he gave that silly look with his ears perked up & full alert with a nice smile :)

another little story about Rocky.
He was at my dads place after xmas one year. My sister is a HUGE Tigger fan & dad bought her a bouncing Tigger. Max ignored it, but OMG poor Rocky, we thought he was gonna pee all over the floor. He screamed & cried asif someone was beating him with a hot poker. If you knew Rocky you would see him as a dog killer & not a nice dog at times (we put a lot of work into him to make him loveable, Max is what fixed him). SO ya we couldn't resist but chase Rocky around for a min with the Bouncing Tigger going off hehehe.. Max was looking at Rocky saying, what the heck is wrong with you? 1 min your snarling at the door, the next your crying like a little baby hehehe

The stories I have :)

I wish I could find out if he's still alive, as I'd love to have a photo of the big goof :(

king2005
01-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Canada Customs (http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/heasan/import/dogse.shtml)

Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Animal Products
Animal Health and Production Division
Importation of Pet Dogs

The pet import requirements outlined in this page are current as of 2006-1- 12 .

The following outlines the current conditions that apply to the import of pet dogs into Canada. The conditions are different depending on the origin of the dogs, ie. rabies-free countries (Section 3) vs. non-rabies-free countries (Section 2). For the importation of commercial shipments, please see Section 6 below for information on accessing import requirements through the Automated Import Reference System (AIRS).
NOTE 1 Current policy does not impose quarantine in Canada on the import of pet dogs from any country.
NOTE 2 These conditions apply only to pet dogs. If you have many dogs you may be asked to provide certification that they are your personal pets and are not for resale.
NOTE 3 These conditions apply to permanant stay, temporary visits and in-transit visits.
NOTE 4 Pit Bulls are not permitted entry in the province of Ontario and there is an Owner's Responsibilites which applies to all breeds. Additional information is availalbe on the Ministry of the Attorney General website. http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/pubs/dola-pubsfty/dola-pubsfty.asp
NOTE 5 Before proceeding, please determine if the country of the pet (country of export) is recognized by Canada as a Rabies-Free Country.
Select the section that pertains to your import requirements

Section 1 - Pet dogs eight (8) months of age or younger from ANY country

Section 2 - Pet dogs three (3) months of age or over from countries where rabies is present (or not recognized officially rabies-free by Canada)

Section 3 - Pet dogs three (3) months of age or over from a Rabies-Free Country (officially recognized as such by Canada)

Section 4 - Special purpose dogs

Assistance dogs that are certified as a guide, hearing or other service dog are not subject to any restrictions for importation where the person importing the dog is the user of the dog and accompanies the dog to Canada

Section 5 - Inspection Fees

Section 6 - Automated Import Reference System (AIRS)

The purpose of the AIRS is to provide information on import requirements for all commodities regulated by CFIA. The application uses a question and answer approach to guide the user through a series of questions about the HS Codes, origin, destination, end use and miscellaneous qualifiers of the product they wish to import.

If you are importing dogs and the above conditions do not apply, to view the current import requirements, please refer to Automated Import Reference System (AIRS) website: http://www.airs-sari.inspection.gc.ca

HS Code Selection: 01 06 19 2083.

Section 7 - Commercial Breeders

Commercial breeders who may be importing dogs under eight (8) months of age on a temporary basis for competition in a show or trial, may be exempt from requiring a permit if, at the time of importation, the importer provides an inspector with proof that the dog is entered in a show or trial organized by a recognized association in addition to the rabies certificate set out in Section 3 if from a Rabies-free country or set out under Section 2 if from a country that is not designated as Rabies-free.

Click here to send comments or requests for additional information on this document.

king2005
01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Sue, I have a wee issue...

I can still go to the zoo & all.. but Rob freaked out that I invited "a stranger" to the house. He wants me to get to know you first before you come over :rolleyes: ... He said what if shes an Ax murderer? I said, ya like you were when I met you online & invited to to my house & went on a date with you :rolleyes: ...

argg, men sometime.. So I think it'll be best to keep the pups home this one time.. Then next time should be different. *Robs just a wee bit protective of me (I don't blame him, long story)*

I hope you still want to go to the Zoo & hang out & all... I know nothing about campgrounds around here, but I think there is a website for finding hotels & such.. I'll try to find that & find the cheapest one... I'll still work on Rob & hopefully he'll change his mind, as it'll save loads of $$ & time.

lv4dogs
01-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Sue, I have a wee issue...

I can still go to the zoo & all.. but Rob freaked out that I invited "a stranger" to the house. He wants me to get to know you first before you come over :rolleyes: ... He said what if shes an Ax murderer? I said, ya like you were when I met you online & invited to to my house & went on a date with you :rolleyes: ...

argg, men sometime.. So I think it'll be best to keep the pups home this one time.. Then next time should be different. *Robs just a wee bit protective of me (I don't blame him, long story)*

I hope you still want to go to the Zoo & hang out & all... I know nothing about campgrounds around here, but I think there is a website for finding hotels & such.. I'll try to find that & find the cheapest one... I'll still work on Rob & hopefully he'll change his mind, as it'll save loads of $$ & time.

Thats fine, I understand. Like I said before I was really thinking about leaving the dogs at home anyways. lol

We would have to meet up at the zoo then right? As you don't drive & I won't be able to come to your house to pick you up.
Maybe Rob can meet up with us, at the zoo, or for lunch or dinner or something. :)

And I wasn't talking about sleeping at your house, I was planning on getting a motel or campground anyways but if it ends up working out differently thats fine too. Like you said it would save some money. lol

Guys will be guys, but you can never be too safe or protective. There are some goofballs out there now a days.

king2005
01-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Thats fine, I understand. Like I said before I was really thinking about leaving the dogs at home anyways. lol

We would have to meet up at the zoo then right? As you don't drive & I won't be able to come to your house to pick you up.
Maybe Rob can meet up with us, at the zoo, or for lunch or dinner or something. :)

And I wasn't talking about sleeping at your house, I was planning on getting a motel or campground anyways but if it ends up working out differently thats fine too. Like you said it would save some money. lol

Guys will be guys, but you can never be too safe or protective. There are some goofballs out there now a days.

There is a mall I can walk to, but I'm hoping I can drag Rob with us, as Rob does enjoy good zoos.

We went to Papanack in 2004. The animals looked like crap, most of the pens were too small, BUT very clean & what the animal would live in, like trees (well "a" tree) & tall grass & weeds & bushes. The reason the pens were so small & the animals looked like crap was because Papanack rescued SOOO many all at once, they had to make so many pens in a very short time. The sad thing is, is that the small pens were MUCH larger then what they were living in.

I have loads of photos & would have gone again if I had the time, as by going all the money goes to the animals. Its a family run zoo/rescue & all their extra employees are volunteers.

We went to the Watertown zoo last year & will never go again. It looked af if they were just trying to get animals & doing nothing with the animals. Their animals were messed up (the badgers were horrible)...

I know the Toronto Zoo is really big on their breeding program (Papanack breeds their lions & Tigers as they are very healthy & not what I call broken).

I wont bring Tom as hes a pain in the arse & will complain the WHOLE day :mad: He nearly runined Papanack for us :mad:

Like I said, I'll try to work on Rob :) & I'm so excited about finally being able to go to the zoo YAY!!!

king2005
01-17-2006, 08:29 AM
We have a set date!!

June 23-24 2006, its a weekend! YAY!

Hope to see everyone there!

lv4dogs
01-17-2006, 08:32 AM
We have a set date!!

June 23-24 2005, its a weekend! YAY!

Hope to see everyone there!

June 23-24 2006 ! ;)

king2005
01-17-2006, 08:41 AM
June 23-24 2006 ! ;)

I know, I noticed it on my site & i've been going around changing it everywhere HAHAHA