PDA

View Full Version : I think Luna WANTED to see her vet last Friday!

Kirsten
12-20-2005, 09:06 AM
I couldn't tell you about this earlier because I was very sick with the flu and bronchitis (I'm still at home)., but I just have to tell you this.

Anyway, I had to call in sick on Friday because I felt really bad, and I stayed in bed. But at noon, when I eventually forced myself to get up and clean the litter boxes, I noticed lots of tiny little pee biscuits in Luna's litter box, and little wet spots on the rugs - not good! :(

Cleaned the mess and went back to bed, unsure what to do. The vet office had already closed, and there was no one there to take Luna to the vet, and I wasn't able to...

But Luna seemed to feel miserable and was restless, and eventually jumped onto my bed, complained, went away, only to come back minutes later to do the same. And in the meantime, I heard her scratching the floor next to her box.

It really seemed to me she was asking for help. So eventually I called my vet (who was just about to go to a birthday party), and she said if I would bring Luna in immediately she would wait for us. So what other choice did I have? I got dressed in no time and brought Luna to the vet. Strange enough, she didn't refuse to go into her carrier, and she did not complain on our way to the car (as usual), so I really think she was more or less positive about the vet visit. Could it be that she knows she's getting help there?

At the vet's, she was a good girl when she got her two injections, and it didn't take long until she improved. She's still on Marbocyl now, but she doesn't seem to have any more problems.

Well, as we know, this was not the first time that Luna has to deal with a bladder infection, and maybe she knows meanwhile that the vet can help her. It really looked like that anyway. :)

Kirsten

catmandu
12-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Luna is such an intelligent Cat .
I think that shes about the only Cat that knows enough that she needs the help of her White Coats,and let you know about it.
I wish her the best of health,that would be a wonderful PetMas gift for you both.

Laura's Babies
12-20-2005, 11:15 AM
I have said and always will say, that cats are a whole lot smarter than people think. Of coarse she knew the vet would make her feel better and it sounds like she has the art of getting Mommies attention and getting you to understand down to a fine art too. I think, someday, the truth will come out and shock the world at just how smart these creatures of God really are.

Kirsten
12-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, I think they are smart creatures, and since I read Amelia Kinkade's book, I'm sure they know a lot about the things going on around them.

Usually Luna hates going to the vet (i. e. for her shots). Seems like she doesn't see any reason to go there when she's feeling good, but when she was miserable, she wanted me to bring her there.

And yes, she certainly has the ability to let me know what she wants! :)

Kirsten